It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Saint was banned too, though, huh? The more names of people banned I am getting, the more I'm starting to believe this was not a random attack by a new member who wanted to show how great a hacker they were.

The question becomes, who hated what we had to say so much that they felt they had to silence us rather than debate us.

no need to flatter yourself, i don't believe you were intended targets because of your over powering posts that no one could debate

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
no need to flatter yourself, i don't believe you were intended targets because of your over powering posts that no one could debate

Actually, it's starting to look like it was an ideological attack that resulted in several bans for those of the Christian and/or conservative persuasion, and applause for those of contrary beliefs.

Not that I think my posts are all that great. It is, however, easier to promote your viewpoint when no one questions it. If you can silence those who would question it, you could win all your arguments in this way.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks like I've been brought back. I betcha it won't be the first time

A good parallel, albeit a small one, that a moderator corrected a mistake...kind of reminds me of a man who was also part of God, that was born to carry all our mistakes, die and be brought back to life to share the gift of eternal life to all those who believe. Now that's power! Want to receive the gift of eternal life too? Send U2U for details.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

ROTFLOL!

I tend to agree. Whoever did it seemed to have drawn heavily from my ignore list.

(sorry conspiracy hunters, it wasn't me).

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

A good parallel, albeit a small one, that a moderator corrected a mistake...kind of reminds me of a man who was also part of God, that was born to carry all our mistakes, die and be brought back to life to share the gift of eternal life to all those who believe.

Correct me if Im wrong but are you comparing yourself to God because of TC's little mistake?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy

A good parallel, albeit a small one, that a moderator corrected a mistake...kind of reminds me of a man who was also part of God, that was born to carry all our mistakes, die and be brought back to life to share the gift of eternal life to all those who believe.

Correct me if Im wrong but are you comparing yourself to God because of TC's little mistake?

Not entirely, no. Saint was banned, and has since been brought back. He also believes in eternal life, and believes that we will be brought back to life in a glorified body. Then he draws a parallel to this experience and Christ. So in a sense he's comparing himself to God, but not on equal footing. It was done on parallel footing. Lines can be parallel if they're nanometers apart or if they're light years apart.

Also

Ignoring another viewpoint, just like trying to silence it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Those who are secure in their beliefs or are students of life will run to those who disagree with them to refine or redefine their stance, while those afraid to have their perception of reality crushed by others viewpoints or consider themselves the wisest of the wise ignore those who disagree with them to maintain their bubble and continue in their perceived intellectual arrogance.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No, not comparing myself to God.

I'll be clear. I was "resurrected" here in ATS.

I'll be resurrected from death when it occurs. That is the promise in John 3:16 (among many other places).

I talk about the guy who kicked it all off for us and gave us this opportunity, Jesus Christ.

God alone has this power and ability to make it happen.

A saint is a servant, not a pinnacle of power. I'm doing a job here for the Boss, not dictating what the Boss says and does. That would be stupid
. I return from Him as a beggar who as received a gift that I haven't earned nor deserved, wanting to share with anyone who wants the same. Bread that never leaves anyone hungry, water that never leaves anyone thirsty. If you want some, U2U me. If not, please don't obstruct those who do, that's just plain cruel.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A saint is a servant, not a pinnacle of power. I'm doing a job here for the Boss, not dictating what the Boss says and does.

If your "boss" wants something done right, he'll do it himself. Your intentions of trying to spread the word of Christianity, believing it will help people, are noble but does not equate to the life of Jesus.

If you want some, U2U me. If not, please don't obstruct those who do, that's just plain cruel.

Now I'm confused. How in any way shape or form was my post an obstructuction to those that wish to U2U you? If nobody responds to your ad, dont blame me.

Originally posted by JungleJake
It was done on parallel footing. Lines can be parallel if they're nanometers apart or if they're light years apart.

Light years indeed

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If your "boss" wants something done right, he'll do it himself.

...and often does. You're right that he doesn't need me, but I'm grateful that he loves me and doesn't want me to sit on my...donkey.

Your intentions of trying to spread the word of Christianity, believing it will help people, are noble but does not equate to the life of Jesus.

Jesus gave this order, I'm just carrying it out. Need the quote? I in no way equated anything I could ever do to Jesus' life. I don't "believe" it will help people, I have seen it help people, there is a difference my skeptical friend. I see you've learned "spin 101" well here, what happened to the objective heart you had a few months ago?

Now I'm confused. How in any way shape or form was my post an obstructuction to those that wish to U2U you? If nobody responds to your ad, dont blame me.

I didn't say it was an obstruction, just giving a job description. But, I can say I was banned a few days ago by a renegade hacker who was in fact trying to obstruct the message.

As far as responses, two people have within the past two weeks and they have received the gift of eternal life. No, I didn't give that gift to them, but I did my tiny part to help them get it. It would be rude of me to throw their names into this arena but if they'd like to witness, I'd be glad to hear from them.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It would be rude of me to throw their names into this arena but if they'd like to witness, I'd be glad to hear from them.

Why is the term "witness" used? This is something that I hear, and don't understand-no verses please.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Why is the term "witness" used? This is something that I hear, and don't understand-no verses please.

A witness does not have to see, nor do you have to see a witness for them to witness. They attest to facts or an event. They provide personal knowledge or evidence.

www.m-w.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If your "boss" wants something done right, he'll do it himself. Your intentions of trying to spread the word of Christianity, believing it will help people, are noble but does not equate to the life of Jesus.

Ironically, you just tried to determine God's will in that statement. Are you sure He would do it Himself? If so, how?

I don't understand what you meant by saying spreading the Word does not equate to the life of Jesus. He spent his entire ministry spreading the Word, and commanded his followers to do the same. How does Saint spreading the Word not equate to that?

As to the definition of witness, Christians use the word the same way courts do. A witness is someone who can give a personal account of something. In the case of court, it might be someone telling what happened the night so and so was mugged, or saying the defendant was with them at the time of the crime. In the case of Christianity, a witness is simply someone who explains salvation as they've come to know it.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I said the life of Jesus but probably I should have said death. Getting banned from a website for a few days is not the same as getting crucified. What I meant by saying it doesnt equate, is that Jesus died for what he was preaching, getting temporarily banned is nothing compared to death.

Ironically, you just tried to determine God's will in that statement. Are you sure He would do it Himself? If so, how?

With great power comes great responsiblity so in this case absolute(they still haven't changed this after 1500 posts) responsibility. I'm saying if he created us, using the reasoning he gave me, I think all things good and bad are his responsibility. I'm not saying he will do it himself only that I will leave it up to him and avoid the middle man.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry, Charlie. I totally misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought you were saying Saint delivering the Gospel didn't sync up with Jesus' life. Didn't realize you were talking about the parallel he drew in saying he was banned for preaching the Word.

As to your second point about absolute power, there are many Christians that believe as you do. The Calvinist theory, along with the reformed theological theory, of predestination gives God supreme sovereignty over every action we do. I personally disagree with this, and am actually writing a paper on that very subject for school. If you want to talk predeterminism, now would be the time
Both sides are fairly fresh in my mind and I want to whip out some quantum mechanics

As to the spelling of the subject, what can I say? I'm a terrible speller; my posts usually hit Microsoft Word before they make it to the boards, but my subjects do not. Seing this thread is 9 months old, my little edit button on the initial post hath vanished. Nothin' the JJ can do

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sorry, Charlie. I totally misunderstood what you were talking about.

No problem at all, alot of the time what I mean to say isnt exactly easy to convey.

As to your second point about absolute power, there are many Christians that believe as you do. If you want to talk predeterminism, now would be the time
Both sides are fairly fresh in my mind and I want to whip out some quantum mechanics

Actually I don't believe in predestination or fate, or that God intervene in human affairs at all. My point was that humans should stop trying to "help" others by preaching what they feel is right, and help others by being empathetic and understanding.

I entertain the idea of God being involved with humans and being supernatural only for the sake of discussion. I believe biblical accounts are those of aliens and that The Original Creator/ Creative Force is impossible to detect or understand its existance. I hope that doesn't throw a wrench into the discussion, but I feel it makes my view a little clearer.

As far as physics goes, I didn't take it in school. I did find it interesting but Im just too lazy
I have been reading up on M/String Theory though, good stuff

what can I say? I'm a terrible speller;. Nothin' the JJ can do

Oh I wasn't pointing the finger at you, but at whoever moderates this forum. Its not a big deal, but it would only take a second to fix.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Getting banned from a website for a few days is not the same as getting crucified.

I never said it was the same. (see above) I said it reminds me of an incident of resurrection. I did not say I died and came back to life. I was removed and restored. Yes, there is a huge difference, but have to use a lot of analogies to help relate. Don't like my analogy? Good! Then go right to the original account in John 3:16, John 20. In fact, read the whole gospel of John and let's talk about that for a while.

What I meant by saying it doesnt equate, is that Jesus died for what he was preaching, getting temporarily banned is nothing compared to death.

When did I say it was? Also, when I die for what I'm saying, would I be just like Christ? Not by a long shot. I'm not God, won't be coming back, can't pay for anyone's sins, etc.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

When did I say it was? Also, when I die for what I'm saying, would I be just like Christ? Not by a long shot. I'm not God, won't be coming back, can't pay for anyone's sins, etc.

Personally saint I don't think you are giving yourself much credit on this. To understand what I mean one must understand the way I think. You have a little insight into this. Stand back and think about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Personally saint I don't think you are giving yourself much credit on this. To understand what I mean one must understand the way I think. You have a little insight into this. Stand back and think about it.

Well, I mean I won't be coming back in 3 days. I think I know what you mean in that after we (as believers) die, we become Christ-like, with perfected bodies, heaven, etc. It's all good and cannot really comprehend how awesome it'll be as it says in Revelation. It does speak of some important new jobs ahead too. Thank you for having me talk more about it and I appreciate the lift, brother
. Though, I'm still not God nor am going to be able to accomplish what Christ accomplished.

I'd be interested in hearing about anything I'd missed. I'm sure there will be a lot of surprises in the power of Christ I've yet to see. In fact, experiencing some daily.

May love, faith and hope be with you always,
God bless.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was thinkin' about ya's when I saw this, so I wanted to share:

Will you be getting "beamed up"?

[edit on 1-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Christianity, especially the born again variety, for the most part is nothing but a cult. It twists the Bible into meanings that suit their own purposes. And the Evangelical type, well they are just plain scary. Example: Benny Hinn. He first of all, has such a nice hair style (gives Donald Trump a run for his money), but seriously...these freaks are only out to take all their followers money. They are the devil in disguise baby.

I just had to terminate a born again christian, and he harassed me by phone, email and text message for weeks with gibberish and various excerpts from the Bible. Yeah, there's a good Christian. Most born agains are using their "religion" to make up for some scary character defects.

Besides....Jesus was a mortal prophet anyway!

[edit on 1-12-2005 by Excitable_Boy]

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join