It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Call me twisted, but abortion (meaning to stop that which is in process) looks to me like an act of violence, not an act of love.

If you did it as a sacrifice to yourself so that you could forgive the sins of third parties, then would it be an act of love?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If you did it as a sacrifice to yourself so that you could forgive the sins of third parties, then would it be an act of love?

only Jesus can forgive sins. no human on earth could ever forgive sins. sacrificing to yourself is an act of pride, not an act of love.

my opinion and belief

EC

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
One point I'd like to bring up...If God(Christ) sacrificed himself to himself for our sins basically he would be commiting one of the biggest sins...he wouldn't get in because he commited suicide.

Because, I could kill myself tomorrow and the bible says I will go to HELL for commiting suicide. I won't get to heaven even if I did something that GOD (Christ) did. So I'm supposedly only aloud to do what God says to do...and not do as GOD did. That is completely relevant for sure!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It is just comical to me because one minute you have someone saying that Jesus Christ is God...and then you have them saying...Jesus is the son of God...Which is it? This confusion produces what I'd call dillusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And then on top of that you say Christ(God) sacrificed himself to himself as an act of love?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Excuse me not love pride...even better

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
God is love remember? Why should God carry pride? Or have pride?! Or do something for God...wouldn't that be a bit selfish of GOD?? GOD is not selfish true? Humans are selfish at times and we sin at times...but we are god. God is all of us. We are all connected in to God in one way shape or form...but again that brings up the word choice. We have choice to choose the way we serve God. We all serve god in one way shape or form. You can choose wich ever way you want and God will love you just the same...and you will love God just the same. God is love. You are love.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We don't do wrong because there is no right or wrong. That would mean.
God could be right or wrong. We are from God. In the image of God we were created. So if the bible is telling the truth...God is selfish for saying we are right or wrong. Don't you think God knew what we would be doing in our lifes before we did it? God knows all. God doesn't decide what is right or wrong for us. We decide that. Notice the change of right and wrong over centuries in each new bible written. We make that change. God doesn't change himself to fit our needs. We change ourselves to fit our own needs, by our very own free will. God gave us that remember?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
sweetgal you've taken double posting to new extremes.

i don't think it's up to anyone, apart from the person carrying the baby, to have an abortion. obviously then the reasons still need to be justifyable. i think if you've had sex at 16, got yourself pregnant and are unable to understand the concept of procreation then i don't think that's a reason for abortion.

often people think that there is a life as soon as fertilization takes place. but if we're on about 'self-aware' life, then i'm certain there is no evidence that that is so within the womb. so what you are aborting life that is unaware, or in the case of just after fertilization, you're aborting a few cells. that's all a baby is before it is born...a bunch of cells that is unaware, the same as a plant is unaware of you treding on it.

i think anyone who judges someone for having an abortion, should think about the 'reason' before they make their mind up, and even then it doesn't give you the right to tell someone they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
And if someone tells me I am wrong then they are selfish. Because in their own head they are right...and in my head I am right. Making us both selfish by will not by nature. It is all what we choose to believe. That is the only explanation.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
abortion is free will once again....it is someones choice to kill their gift or to keep the gift.

you are aloud to post as much as you want thanks...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
EVERYTHING WE DO IS FREE WILL
why would god even have to forgive us...it is the path we choose to take. depending on your experiences...you have life from choice and experience. you choice to sleep with someone...you get pregnant...you choose to stay with the person or to leave them...you choose to have the baby...abort it...or give it up. the result is your experiences...your experience of sex...happiness....sadness...love...pain....etc...whatever you choose to feel you are in control of all your choices...and all of your experiences

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
sacrificing to yourself is an act of pride, not an act of love.

I may make this my signature. You don't see the parallel, do you?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetgal2004
Because, I could kill myself tomorrow and the bible says I will go to HELL for commiting suicide.

No it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
obviously then the reasons still need to be justifyable

I disagree. If the baby/embryo/conceptus/fetus is a person, then it is wrong to kill it unless your own life is in danger. On the other hand, if it is not, then you may destroy it for even the most trivial of reasons. In my mind, the question is, at what point does it become a person?

However, this is way off topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Yes. I'll explain. If I were in a concentration camp and a soldier came to me and said, "Your friend here committed a crime by speaking out against our government. Either s/he dies or you must cut of your hand." My election would be to have my hand cut off. That would be an act of love.

This may save their body, but as Evolution Cruncher said, no-one but Jesus can forgive their sins committed against God.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

One point I'd like to bring up...If God(Christ) sacrificed himself to himself for our sins basically he would be commiting one of the biggest sins...he wouldn't get in because he commited suicide.

Christ did not kill himself. It is absolutely possible to know you're going to die without killing yourself.

Because, I could kill myself tomorrow and the bible says I will go to HELL for commiting suicide. I won't get to heaven even if I did something that GOD (Christ) did. So I'm supposedly only aloud to do what God says to do...and not do as GOD did. That is completely relevant for sure!!!

If you're unable see a difference between soldiers seizing you and nailing you to a cross versus taking a razor blade to your wrist, then I would recommend immediate medical and therapeutic help.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

God doesn't decide what is right or wrong for us.

Actually, that's His job.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
i don't think it's up to anyone, apart from the person carrying the baby, to have an abortion.

Who was talking about abortion and what does it have to do with "The Absolute Power of Christianity"?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

And if someone tells me I am wrong then they are selfish.

Actually no. It's because they give a crap about helping you discover the right way and the truth. If they didn't care, they would not bother.

Because in their own head they are right...and in my head I am right. Making us both selfish by will not by nature. It is all what we choose to believe. That is the only explanation.

People are going to be right about some things and wrong about others. If people care about each other they'll sit and discuss what is right. If they do not care, they'll let the other person be wrong and suffer consequences.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join