It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I have NO DOUBT about the existence of GOD.

Rather than accuse you of lying, I will simply comment that you are a unique individual indeed. I've never met anyone before who did not admit to some doubt.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There seems to be a misconception about who's making the first move in someone coming to know Christ.

Jesus Christ made the first move by sacrificing himself in order to grant us salvation. He did that before you were even born, though He did know you. He made the first move. Now He stands with His arm outstretched offering his gift of salvation. Just like if I am holding a hundred dollars out to you, you have to reach out yourself and take it. It is being offered. Christ is knocking, and will continue to do so, until you answer the door. Until you take the next step, reach out, and take the salvation he has offered you.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Rather than accuse you of lying, I will simply comment that you are a unique individual indeed. I've never met anyone before who did not admit to some doubt.

Doubting the existence of GOD would be doubting the existence of myself. He had a little heart to heart with me a couple of years ago. Saved my life.

GOD is different yet the same for each individual. For each individual is different yet the same.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've never met anyone who had 'some' doubt about Gods existence and was also a christian. Never.

Maybe he is real, maybe his son died on the cross, maybe Im saved..maybe I will goto heaven..maybe I can trust in the Word..

No. The fact is..ALL christians have zero doubt about Gods existance. How can you be saved otherwise? Maybe He died..maybe He didnt. Maybe He rose..maybe He didnt.
It just dont work that way. That is what makes being a christian so great.
I can finally be sure of something in my life. The burden is gone. Every day is my first and last. (which is really the day before the first...)

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
GOD is different yet the same for each individual. For each individual is different yet the same.

Thats exactly what I mean with:

The way religion should be experienced imho, if needed at all, would be between 1 person and their deity. No organization, scriptures or leadership involved. Just this 1 soul with his believed maker. No words or scriptures, just emotions and thoughts.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
No. The fact is..ALL christians have zero doubt about Gods existance. How can you be saved otherwise?

I'm amazed at the number of mountains not being tossed into the sea considering this revelation.

If you are a True Christian™, then you should be quite familiar with the fact that even his disciples had doubt. I guess by your standard they are doomed to the same fate as me. I can't wait to taunt them about what a great time I had in life while they wasted their lives devoted to someone who in the end abandoned them for failure to have zero doubt.

(p.s., you should only speak for yourself, not "all Christians", as many/most would probably consider your view heretical).

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The apostles did have doubts, this is true. They doubted the things Jesus said, though. Never did they ever question the existance of God.

I can't say I don't have doubts at times. I know in my heart that God exists, but my mind sometimes questions it. It's that very act of questioning that has led me to know my faith better every day. When I have a doubt, or a question about the validity of my religion, I do not hesitate to investigate it fully. I have complete faith that the questions will be answered. If, one day, I address one of those questions and lose my faith as a result, y'all here at ATS will probably be the first to hear about it. I know, however, that that will never happen because of my faith in God and my previous experiences investigating things that shook my faith, even to its very foundations. I have yet to experience a question that wasn't answered validating Christianity, but I've had many that have been answered. Because of that, the 100% explanation rate, I have no reason to doubt that the next time a question comes along like that that I will be able to find the answer in the Bible.

It is a wierd dichotomy. You know something, but questions regarding that knowlege pop into your mind. It doesn't mean you now just think God is God, rather you've discovered an area in your faith you're not educated in, and need to address that question.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by ufo_believer
They never converted me!!!! I'm indifferent

Nobody can convert you ufo_believer. If you want to be converted, then you go to God. He does the converting, we're just asking you to talk to him, that's all.

i talked to God and he said all human religions were Corrupted and Evil
not to mention full of lies an hypocracy

i could be telling the truth u never know

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

No. The fact is..ALL christians have zero doubt about Gods existance. How can you be saved otherwise?

I'm amazed at the number of mountains not being tossed into the sea considering this revelation.

If you are a True Christian™, then you should be quite familiar with the fact that even his disciples had doubt. I guess by your standard they are doomed to the same fate as me. I can't wait to taunt them about what a great time I had in life while they wasted their lives devoted to someone who in the end abandoned them for failure to have zero doubt.

(p.s., you should only speak for yourself, not "all Christians", as many/most would probably consider your view heretical).

You just completely changed the topic.

Are we talking about the existence of God?

BTW..the apostles doubts seem to have left them when they saw the risen Jesus Christ..and or the Day of Pentecost.

Please show me where the apostles doubted Gods existence.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

Thats exactly what I mean with:

The way religion should be experienced imho, if needed at all, would be between 1 person and their deity. No organization, scriptures or
leadership involved. Just this 1 soul with his believed maker. No words or scriptures, just emotions and thoughts.

"Religion" has terrible connotations for me. However, truly one's relationship with GOD is a very one on one thing. Jesus tried to explain this to everyone, and then someone went and made a religion out of him. GOD runs thru everyone. He is the only one that truly knows what one thinks when one takes certain actions. That is why no human should be judgemental about the actions of others.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Yes, I do know, because of that last statement

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Well, you're statement is consistent with what God says in His Word and what He's been telling me if you're talking about the nature of mankind (Jesus talks quite a bit about this too). If you're saying there is no hope nor change possible to recover from this human condition, then there becomes the conflict of what the Word says and my communication with him. God says He's consistent and is consistent.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And I believe what I believe is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not the invention of any man

I believe in God, the Father, and I believe in Jesus Christ and His salvation. This belief has made a change in me, who I am. I tried for several years to make that belief fit with who I was, but it was like sticking a square peg in a round hole. I finally realized what I was doing; I was proud, I was arrogant, and I believed that I was perfect. Sure, there were little things that could change, like making a sub sandwich a little faster at my job, but over all, I was a pretty great guy. I realized, however, that if I was right about God existing, and God was God, then I had no right to be dictating to Him how he should want me to live my life. I knew there was a God, but I wanted to be in charge of God, not the other way around. With that revelation, I moved away from deciding that, when that square peg didn't fit in the hole, going and grabbing a round one so I could be exactly the same person (remember, I was perfect, a saint among saints) and dictate to God how I should run my life. It was then that I started to change the hole, not the peg, and it was the greatest revelation I've ever had. It was the revelation that I am not God, He is. Now I'm nowhere near perfect, and I see a lot of room for improvement. Because I now see that, I can work to improve myself, rather than glorify myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You just completely changed the topic.

Are we talking about the existence of God?

BTW..the apostles doubts seem to have left them when they saw the risen Jesus Christ..and or the Day of Pentecost.

Please show me where the apostles doubted Gods existence.

Fair enough. The doubt they expressed was in Jesus as god, not in the existence of god. Whether or not they had doubt in the existence of god is not addressed in the Bible, or in any extra-Biblical sources that I'm aware of.

However, you previously stated that all Christians have 0 doubt in the existence of god and implied that you could not be saved if you had doubt in the existence of god. I'm curious what brand of Christianity you subscribe to.

It has always been my understanding that the distinguishing factor of a Christian is not belief in the existence of god, but faith in Christ, and that salvation is by grace through such faith.

Belief in the existence of god does not get you salvation according to the dogma of most sects.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It has always been my understanding that the distinguishing factor of a Christian is not belief in the existence of god, but faith in Christ, and that salvation is by grace through such faith.

This sooo answered a major question in my life. I always wondered why I got the opportunity to experience God, but only know of Jesus through a man who was trying to help me in a dire situation, the prayer I said to get out of it, and the Book He directed me to. The answer is right here in your 1 sentence! I have faith in Christ, his teachings and his leadership. I have not met him, so I guess that makes me 100% Christian and again my salvation is reassured. I bet you didn't realize you were a deliverer of the Word sometimes, did ya? Thank you very, very much.

May love, faith and hope be with you always.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I bet you didn't realize you were a deliverer of the Word sometimes, did ya? Thank you very, very much.

It happens more often than I'd like.

Anyway, you're welcome.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The answer is simple.
Jesus and God are one.
If you are not sure God exists, then how can you be sure of salvation?

This is anti-logic.

"I doubt there is a road from here to London, but I hope I can drive to London by the end of the month"

Fact: If you do not believe in God, then you are not saved.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Fact: If you do not believe in God, then you are not saved.

If God would send an Agnostic to hell, I don't want to go to heaven.

By the way, Saint4God I replied to your post if you didnt see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The answer is simple.
Jesus and God are one.

The disciples had doubt in god, since they had doubt in Jesus by your resoning. Since they had doubt, they did not have 100% faith, which is the threshold you set for salvation. Thus, they are frying in hell right now unless they later came to 100% faith. There's nothing in the Bible to indicate they came to 100% faith, so I think it's safe to assume they quite well roasted by now.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

The answer is simple.
Jesus and God are one.

The disciples had doubt in god, since they had doubt in Jesus by your resoning. Since they had doubt, they did not have 100% faith, which is the threshold you set for salvation. Thus, they are frying in hell right now unless they later came to 100% faith. There's nothing in the Bible to indicate they came to 100% faith, so I think it's safe to assume they quite well roasted by now.

Actually, I think their doubt was erased when Jesus came back and let them stick their fingers in the wounds on his hands and feet, as proof that he wasn't just a ghost passing through. Where else do you think the term "Doubting Thomas" came from?

Start with Luke 24:33 and finish the chapter. (it's the last chapter, and a fairly short one at that.) then skip over to John 20:26

Hey...guess what...IT DOESN'T EVEN HURT!

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Toelint]

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join