It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

: It never has been. I believe in ONE God who is creator of all, ruler of all, and central through all. He has three aspects yet is one. The "one atom has three parts" theory of God is probably inaccurate, but the "matter has three forms" theory of God is more or less close. Just as H2O will always be H2O, it can be found in three forms: ice(solid), water(liquid), or steam(gas). There is ONE God, but he shows himself through the Bible in three ways.

You list the solid, water, or gas. However, you fail to realize that even these three basics are an illusion created by GOD. Nothing is solid, nothing is liquid, and nothing is gas. Perhaps as man sees them they are. However, they are all held together by the tremendous energy that runs throughout what we call the "universe". This energy is what connects everything. Sorta like a connect the dots game. GOD exerts this energy, and is this energy. That is why he is the all knowing, because everything is part of him.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don't worry about what if because I have faith in G-d. Better yet, I have experience in G-d.

Ah, yes. Until one has truly experienced GOD one does not truly understand. What an insightful statement. It kinda makes all the "my way or highway" religionists of the world look...

Once one has truly experienced GOD the inner peace, and the POWER realized is overwhelming until one learns to control it. The "POWER" makes one want to stand on the highest hill top tell the world to stop and LISTEN and try to comprehend. It is the comprehension that no one truly knows until truly experiencing GOD.

A baseball player would bat 1.000, a football quarterback would complete every pass, and a running back avoid every tackle. However, man in the usual way stifles that power by continually pounding the mind with the word "can't". Ask a fundamentalist about truly solving some of the worlds problems. I mean truly. Poverty , pollution, etc. One will hear the word "can't". The worst word in the English language.

We are all sinners? What a way to look at life. With an attitude like that it is no wonder the problems GOD's children have are not solved.

I have always acted honestly, haven't told a lie in over 20 years, and have always felt close to nature. When people such as myself truly ask for GOD's help he will deliver.

When a child I attended Sunday School, vacation Bible school, and the like. I thought Jesus was really a "cool dude", and I still do. Now, I hear teachings of rapture in Sunday school? No wonder the younger set have a hard time figuring things out. They probably think what is the use of working hard, etc.

Never thought much about the blood line deal. Good point.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm a Gutte Neshome?

YES! G-d saw all that he created and he said, "It's good."

Actually, I don't know more than a few Yiddish phrases and I didn't know this one. I had to go and look it up at:
www.koshernosh.com...
(this is a great site because it has WAV files that pronounce the words for you)

Great site! I don't know many but I'm working on it.

So, thank you!

You're welcome!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Once one has truly experienced GOD the inner peace, and the POWER realized is overwhelming until one learns to control it. The "POWER" makes one want to stand on the highest hill top tell the world to stop and LISTEN and try to comprehend. It is the comprehension that no one truly knows until truly experiencing GOD.

*nodnods*

A baseball player would bat 1.000, a football quarterback would complete every pass, and a running back avoid every tackle.

So are you saying perfection can be achieved in our life?

However, man in the usual way stifles that power by continually pounding the mind with the word "can't". Ask a fundamentalist about truly solving some of the worlds problems. I mean truly. Poverty , pollution, etc. One will hear the word "can't". The worst word in the English language.

Hehe, funny you should mention. I made it a "cuss" word in my house. No-one is allowed to say it.

We are all sinners? What a way to look at life. With an attitude like that it is no wonder the problems GOD's children have are not solved.

It's not meant to beat oneself over the head with shame and pity, it's to acknowledge that we will screw up now and then and despite these, God still loves us. The 'dark' way of looking at it is depressing, yes, but what a lift when you look at it in the way it was actually presented in the Bible.

I have always acted honestly, haven't told a lie in over 20 years, and have always felt close to nature. When people such as myself truly ask for GOD's help he will deliver.

I agree it's a lot easier to hear God when you're on the right track. Never a lie in over 30 years? Not even a slight bending of truth or adding a bit of opinion in the facts? Careful here please...

When a child I attended Sunday School, vacation Bible school, and the like. I thought Jesus was really a "cool dude", and I still do. Now, I hear teachings of rapture in Sunday school? No wonder the younger set have a hard time figuring things out. They probably think what is the use of working hard, etc.

Never thought much about the blood line deal. Good point.

If you mean Sunday school for kids they talk about the rapture, I'd say that's a heavy of a topic to expose children to. Sunday school for adults, that'd be fine. As children we're to think like children and as adults we're to think like adults.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My goodness...I still don't get it.
If you're going to believe in a higher power (as I do), why the f**k would you choose an imaginary, already fallible, made up, Jewish 'g'od as your main diety?!?! By giving it a name you've already subjected 'him' (since that's how you fundies refer to it) to a lower form of existance. In fact, the Jews stole him from the Babylonians' main Diety 'Baal' who in turn stole it from the Sumerians, who in turn probably stole it from earlier sources.

Please, stop using 'feelings', and 'love' and bull crap like that to describe your 'god'. It's terribly cliche and not at all any way to start a valid arument.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentiencedesign
Please, stop using 'feelings', and 'love' and bull crap like that to describe your 'god'. It's terribly cliche and not at all any way to start a valid arument.

Alright, what would you like to hear about?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It's not meant to beat oneself over the head with shame and pity, it's to acknowledge that we will screw up now and then and despite these, God still loves us. The 'dark' way of looking at it is depressing, yes, but what a lift when you look at it in the way it was actually presented in the Bible.

Yes, it is a "dark" way of looking at things. However, the ones who attempt to capture the wondering and searchers by instilling fear are using GOD's name and "sin" as their weapons of untruth. It is being done basically as it has been done throughout history. Divide and conquer-"their not one of us". Instill fear and disguise it as LOVE.

By the way. I the last three nights have watched STAR WARS I, II, and III. Until my awakening I failed to see the many messages Lucas put into these. What is interesting is these messages I understood perfectly. "So this is how democracy ends-to applause". A great line.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How long is this fight over who has the best religion going to end, I would rather listen to my own intuition, you see by listening to others telling you how you should respond to situations you are taking the responsibility off your own shoulders, Now if god was sitting with us right now, he would be thinking what a bunch of jokers. FORGET RELIGION, CONCENTRATE ON HUMANITY !

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

However, the ones who attempt to capture the wondering and searchers by instilling fear are using GOD's name and "sin" as their weapons of untruth. It is being done basically as it has been done throughout history. Divide and conquer-"their not one of us". Instill fear and disguise it as LOVE.

I suspect the ones that have a habbit of viciously condemning others to 'satan'.. are actually the ones closest to him. Hate begets hate.
The biblical god isn't exactly 'nice' either.. why are the vengeful and hateful actions of God's seen as 'good' yet all Satan's actions evil? If Satan is suppose to be god's polar opposite.. wouldn't he be capable of goodness too? If he is.. how could people ever pick a side confidently?
Seems any action can be condoned.. just so long as you're on the right side of the fence.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So are you saying perfection can be achieved in our life?

I'm saying GOD gave man the tools to do anything that man wishes as long as it is for the common good. By sports analogies would change if ALL were able to use these tools. It would make for some really interesting games that would never end!!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

My goodness...I still don't get it.
If you're going to believe in a higher power (as I do), why the f**k would you choose an imaginary, already fallible, made up, Jewish 'g'od as your main diety?!?! By giving it a name you've already subjected 'him' (since that's how you fundies refer to it) to a lower form of existance. In fact, the Jews stole him from the Babylonians' main Diety 'Baal' who in turn stole it from the Sumerians, who in turn probably stole it from earlier sources.

Who stole anything? Why can't there be one G-d called different things and a reflection of different things to different people? Using a different name isn't stealing either. Just like most Christians don't understand that Allah is the same as YHWH. But being Jewish, G-d has 13 names that represent 13 different attributes. He hasn't been lowered.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

How long is this fight over who has the best religion going to end, I would rather listen to my own intuition, you see by listening to others telling you how you should respond to situations you are taking the responsibility off your own shoulders, Now if god was sitting with us right now, he would be thinking what a bunch of jokers. FORGET RELIGION, CONCENTRATE ON HUMANITY !

People tend to forget that religion is man made and our way of trying to connect to G-d (or whatever one chooses to call him/her). It should never be a fight since it's something personal. I think the only ones who are wrong are those who believe theirs is the only right way.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I suspect the ones that have a habbit of viciously condemning others to 'satan'.. are actually the ones closest to him. Hate begets hate.
The biblical god isn't exactly 'nice' either.. why are the vengeful and hateful actions of God's seen as 'good' yet all Satan's actions evil? If Satan is suppose to be god's polar opposite.. wouldn't he be capable of goodness too? If he is.. how could people ever pick a side confidently?
Seems any action can be condoned.. just so long as you're on the right side of the fence.

I don't believe in the Christian formed of Satan but I agree with hate begetting hate. The G-d of Abraham is what we consider just and fair as we did things along the way to ultimately tick him off one way or the other. Think of it more like a parental role and we were getting punished for whatever. I don't think his actions are necessarily good but I also see most of them metaphorically. Also, Satan's actions in the Tanakh should be seen as good as he's an angel of G-d doing G-d's will. He's obedient to say the least. It's sad to see that Satan has been elevated to a godly position. I've been on both sides of the fence so to speak and can tell you that life as a Jew while harder is much better. There is no threat of hell or a boogey man end of the world getting sucked into an abyss type doctrine.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shonet1430 The G-d of Abraham is what we consider just and fair as we did things along the way to ultimately tick him off one way or the other.
Which God of Abraham, the one that the book of Genesis would have us believe spoke to him, or the one which his fore-fathers idolized? The former was quite okay with allowing Abe and his wife to employ deceitful means against unkowing rulers, not once, but twice. The latter, well, who knows what reason old Abe had to leave his fold save for riches of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Uh, okay, maybe it's just me...but isn't it possible the Constitution "will make no law respecting the establishment of a religion" because our forefathers wanted to avoid the establishment of The Church Of The United States? (As opposed to The Church Of England.)

Am I the only person that's thought of this?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Have I mentioned lately that I love you all? Well, it's true. You're my family, no matter how off-the wall we can be or how much we fight.

Missed ya's, hadn't had a chance to get here for like 4 days. Good morning, let's see what there is to talk about.

Oh! Always like chattin' with riley...

Originally posted by riley

*nod* I see where you're coming from. It's hard to see how someone who says "YOU'RE GOIN' TO HELL!" actually loves you. I've seen some say that and follow it with, "...and I don't want to see that happen to you". Aha! There's the love. There should, at the very least, be that second part of the sentence. Still, it's not the way I like to help people.

Nobody gets scared by satan unless he shows up personally. That's just my experience and those I talk to frequently.

Originally posted by riley

The mean, awful God again. Let's talk about the lion's hand. What examples do you have? I know we've talked before about the garden's banishment, but I hope it's seen that we were the ones that screwed that situation up.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Which God of Abraham, the one that the book of Genesis would have us believe spoke to him, or the one which his fore-fathers idolized? The former was quite okay with allowing Abe and his wife to employ deceitful means against unkowing rulers, not once, but twice.

It is said over and over again that Abraham followed G-d's laws. We have one law that is above all others, "Watch yourselves carefully." In a nutshell, that one law means that we must do whatever it takes to protect our lives and the lives of those around us. If for some reason that a Jew contracts a disease that only eating pork, shrimp, and sirloin will cure, then the Jew must eat pork, shrimp and sirloin. So Abraham did what we are commanded to do which is watch ourselves carefully.

The latter, well, who knows what reason old Abe had to leave his fold save for riches of course.

"Go forth from your native land and from your father's house to the land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, And I will bless you; I will make your name great And you shall be a blessing." I would rather have the above than material wealth. But it also says in the same chapter, "Abram took his wife Sarai and his brother's son Lot, and all the wealth that they had amassed."

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is a God people. Get used to it. Was Jesus not proof enough for you? That is what I like to say to non believers. I'll tell you why the government likes to try and shush this religeon. Havn't you all wondered why they've tried to destroy Christianity ever since Jesus came? Satan people, Satan is the answer. He hates the thought of this being passed around, because that means that people will be saved. Saved by Jesus. He is thee who trys to erase this from the public. Don't want to believe it? That means you're just denying the truth. When Jesus came and tryed to talk to the Romans, they got so upset and killed him to stop the message they believed was false. They hated him because he spoke the awful truth; hell, Satan, etc. That's exactly what is happening today.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There is a God people. Get used to it. Was Jesus not proof enough for you? That is what I like to say to non believers.

Was Krishna, Attis, Heracles, Dionysis, Osiris, etc not proof enough? They came long before Jesus.

I'll tell you why the government likes to try and shush this religeon. Havn't you all wondered why they've tried to destroy Christianity ever since Jesus came?

You obviously don't know history well enough to know that without the Roman Empire, your religion could have faded into the dust by now.

Satan people, Satan is the answer. He hates the thought of this being passed around, because that means that people will be saved. Saved by Jesus. He is thee who trys to erase this from the public. Don't want to believe it? That means you're just denying the truth.

You're denying the obvious. Satan is an angel doing the will of G-d. Read the Tanakh and you'll see that he is under the control of G-d.

When Jesus came and tryed to talk to the Romans, they got so upset and killed him to stop the message they believed was false. They hated him because he spoke the awful truth; hell, Satan, etc. That's exactly what is happening today.

Whew! One person not claiming the Jews killed him! The Romans could have cared less what Jesus was preaching because it didn't have anything to do with them. The transgression against Caesar is a different thing though. I don't recall Jesus speaking things of hell and Satan. I do recall people claiming that he did though. Jesus didn't ever seem to take the time to write anything down himself which for a lot of people helps to lend credence to the argument that he didn't exist. Certainly the all knowing man god would have known that his entire life would have been in question and would have thought to make proof readily available. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It would be intresting to see GOD's reaction to all the postings on this thread. How can people bicker and argue over something like "faith?"

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join