It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Jesus isn't a baby anymore.
Or, didn't you read the Book?
People like to believe he's a harmless, cute,
easy-to-control toddler! In Revelation, he's got fire in his eyes, feet of judgment and the power of the Word.
THAT'S who's coming back to Earth!
The dispensation of Grace is almost OVER. Please, KNOW you're scripture.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Or, didn't you read the Book?

Easy tiger, most people don't read books unless they have some motivation for doing so. I've never met anyone who was encouraged to read something open-mindedly because they were dared to do so.

People like to believe he's a harmless, cute,
easy-to-control toddler! In Revelation, he's got fire in his eyes, feet of judgment and the power of the Word.
THAT'S who's coming back to Earth!
The dispensation of Grace is almost OVER. Please, KNOW you're scripture.

Is that the Absolute Power of Christianity? The ability to threaten others into submission? I know many threads here on ATS involve strapping on gloves and duking it out, but my hope is given the title the discussion would remain on the benefits of finding God. I understand the reason behind the warning (as people don't warn anyone they don't care about) but we have to also be able to effectively communicate that warning in a way that will give others a reason to respond positively. Finally, knowing scripture isn't going to save anyone. Having a personal relationship with God through trust in Christ will. There was a group of people I've read about who were so concerned with knowing scripture that they completely missed the messiah coming to earth at first, then later nailed him to a cross for heresy.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yup, he apparently grew up to become zombie-jesus.

Take a chill-pill, it's just a saying. Great to see you completely ignore the dishonest behaviour of one of your brethren, but I already know that the morals of some christians are more relative than mine.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Yup, he apparently grew up to become zombie-jesus.

Neither baby nor zombie. This 'figure of speech' is equally incorrect. Here's why:

Main Entry: zom·bie
the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body b: a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement

www.merriam-webster.com...

Contrast this with:

"They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence." - Luke 24:37-43

Take a chill-pill, it's just a saying. Great to see you completely ignore the dishonest behaviour of one of your brethren, but I already know that the morals of some christians are more relative than mine.

I could be equally charged with this, but to this my reasoning is I will only spend words on those who I believe would take them into consideration.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body

Yup, 1a - a supernatural power that reanimated a dead body.

I could be equally charged with this, but to this my reasoning is I will only spend words on those who I believe would take them into consideration.

Aye, humectomies appear to obligatory thus far.

Don't take it serious. I made a simple point to Con about his dishonest behaviour, an individual who likes to make points about the poor moral status of atheists, and it's slowly becoming a discussion about baby jesus and zombies - I have no interest in speculating on the zombie status of jesus.

Cheers.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body

Yup, 1a - a supernatural power that reanimated a dead body.

You may not conveniently ignore words in the same sentence of the dictionary to suit your own purpose
. If you're unclear about the difference between vodoo specific beliefs and mere supernaturalism, I'm not sure I have 10,000 maximum character limit override to explain.

Aye, humectomies appear to obligatory thus far.

Can you please define humectomies? I've not encountered it in biology nor can find it in the dictionary or online. Looks like humus is the root word. Ectomy is the removal of. Am I close?

Don't take it serious. I made a simple point to Con about his dishonest behaviour, an individual who likes to make points about the poor moral status of atheists, and it's slowly becoming a discussion about baby jesus and zombies - I have no interest in speculating on the zombie status of jesus.

Cheers.

I know, but it goes to show sacrastic, overly dramatic, and/or oversimplified characterizations are as inaccurate as much of the tabloid rumor propaganda we're inappropriately fed on a daily basis. Since your a person I'm confident in having a reasonable dialogue with, I went more for your comments. I wish someone would be interested in my comments from page 120...or maybe I'm not considered a person to have reasonable dialogue with?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You may not conveniently ignore words in the same sentence of the dictionary to suit your own purpose
. If you're unclear about the difference between vodoo and supernatural, I'm not sure I have 10,000 maximum character limit to explain.

Second time in a few posts - why am I bothering?

Yes, it's a concept within a certain belief system where a supernatural force reanimates a dead body. And I just applied it to the reanimation of the dead jesus in the bible.

Can you please define humectomies? I've not encountered it in biology nor can find it in the dictionary or online. Looks like humus is the root word. Ectomy is the removal of. Am I close?

Removal of the 'humour gland'. It's next to the 'taking the internets too seriously' gyrus, sometimes its removal causes an indirect dysfunction by actually enhancing activity in this region of cortex.

I know, but it goes to show sacrastic, overly dramatic, and/or oversimplified characterizations are as inaccurate as much of the tabloid rumor propaganda we're inappropriately fed on a daily basis.

Back to the scheduled thread on the 'absolute' power of christianity...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I haven't read much of this, but the first thing anyone who ever quentioned their faith should consider is this:

Is something that professes to be the truth and the way really the truth and the way? Anyone who's ever delved deep into philosophy and consciousness will tell you that the truth and the way are always changing. No one man or one God can know the whole truth, or he would not be here at all. Jesus was just as much a student as he was a teacher. He never said that he was the way, and if he did, he's a liar and a false messiah just like the rest of them.... and therefore, your religion which you hold so dear is a lie as well.

I'm sorry. I don't wanna offend people, but ya know, if getting people to question their belief systems is offensive, then how about we all just stop evolving, because apparently Christianity is the end all be all. Apparently, it has succeeded in solving, not worsening, all the world's problems today.
Maybe the fact that the world is falling apart and Christianity doesn't have an answer for it is also a conspiracy. Maybe we should just surrender ourselves to yet another false promise that goes nowhere for 2000 more years.

Face it. Christianity is a lie. Christianity is a lie. Christianity is a lie. Stop surrendering your power over to something other than yourself, followers. Followers of anything that professes to be holier than thou. It's a lie. You are God. The cycle has peaked it's crest, and now is the time to stop denying our self.

Don't be offended, Christians. I don't hate Christians or anything, but it would be nice if they weren't so blindly faithful. There is no argument here. If there was such thing as truth, part of it would be that nobody other than yourself has the answers, so stop wasting your time here on Earth trying to find the answer in things that are not of your own making. The outside world does not have your answers. Please, realize this.

Everyone, not just Christians.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Removal of the 'humour gland'. It's next to the 'taking the internets too seriously' gyrus, sometimes its removal causes an indirect dysfunction by actually enhancing activity in this region of cortex.

I get it now.

Back to the scheduled thread on the 'absolute' power of christianity...

Yes! Thanks for this bump back to the topic. It seems one of the difficulties a person has is that eternal life with God in heaven is not something that can be received by the senses right here and right now. In a culture where TV/radio/internet blasts our eyes and ears with the next best thing we're very often not pleased with the results and are never satisfied. It's no great wonder then that unless the reward is in-hand, tantalizing the eyes, ears, nose, and all other body parts at once, we hit the "reject" button on it. Rewards through Christ happen the opposite way. If we are willing to trust, believe, wait, have faith, hope, and love despite reward plopping into our laps, THEN the promise is fulfilled. But in the meanwhile there are many incentives along the way to help keep those tools strong. Included in these are miracles, prosperity, and answers in this lifetime. This is by no means the way it always is, as God is God and decides when, where and to whom these things happen. The moment we believe we can control any of it (by using the "absolute power of ourselves") is the instance these rewards cease coming.

I'm grateful for the angel sent to my suicidal friend. It's amazing to me that the friend was able to see and know. Most of us are not fortunate to have that experience, but "with God all things are possible". This is the absolute power of Christianity.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
By the way.... I wish I was an owl.

I love owls.

Can Jesus save me AND make me into an owl?

Then maybe I'll consider it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Jesus was just as much a student as he was a teacher. He never said that he was the way,

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

and if he did, he's a liar and a false messiah just like the rest of them.... and therefore, your religion which you hold so dear is a lie as well.

All the best with your judgement of him. I hope his judgement upon you is less severe.

Face it. Christianity is a lie. Christianity is a lie. Christianity is a lie. Stop surrendering your power over to something other than yourself, followers. Followers of anything that professes to be holier than thou.

I do not profess to be holier than anyone, nor does the Bible say this. It does say this however, "There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:22-24.

I don't hate Christians or anything, but it would be nice if they weren't so blindly faithful.

I am not blindly faithful. I had to see to believe. Of course you would've had to ask me why I believe what I do, but it appears your mind is already made up and has closed for the evening.

There is no argument here. If there was such thing as truth, part of it would be that nobody other than yourself has the answers, so stop wasting your time here on Earth trying to find the answer in things that are not of your own making. The outside world does not have your answers. Please, realize this.

There is argument here. I say there is truth and that we are to do our best to find it. Would you tell a scientist to not try to solve a problem because there are too many problems to solve? Our world cannot afford this kind of defeatism. You've given up, fine, but leave us who are willing to work for it to do so.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I wish someone would be interested in my comments from page 120...or maybe I'm not considered a person to have reasonable dialogue with?

I appear to have missed this in edit methinks. If I felt I could discuss this stuff with you, I would. But I really don't. It would be difficult to get past first base with me. You should know that anyway, saint, heh.

It's all a bit like discussing 'what if radiohead were dogs' to me. I was just making a simple point to con - that's the only reason I was in here, I'm trying to extract myself the best I can, and let the discussion get back on track.

I'm grateful for the angel sent to my suicidal friend. It's amazing to me that the friend was able to see and know. Most of us are not fortunate to have that experience, but "with God all things are possible". This is the absolute power of Christianity.

Well, of course, you know I would disagree with the interpretation of this event. But, to be totally honest, I'm glad that the guy found his way out of his predicament no matter what he thinks was the factor.

Send him my best wishes, depression sucks.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

By the way.... I wish I was an owl.

I love owls.

Can Jesus save me AND make me into an owl?

Then maybe I'll consider it.

You can always ask. I should make warning first though, I've not known God to answer if the requestor is insincere. Personally if I were to ask for some kind of transmutation, it would be to have the sand of the desert to bear fruit or the waters of the sea to be drinkable. Then you could use these to help those who starve on a daily basis. That, my friend, is a selfless request.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But, to be totally honest, I'm glad that the guy found his way out of his predicament no matter what he thinks was the factor.

Send him my best wishes, depression sucks.

Thanks melatonin, I'm sure the best wishes would be welcomed as well. Depression does suck indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I just want to know one thing. You have argued up and down that Christians raising there children are indeed and in fact (as you have used many links to support your claims) abusing ther kids. I have seen this accusation made by you in many posts on many different threads as evidenced myself the passion of your assertion, or make that "allegation"

So why do you think you are any less guilty of the crime of child abuse when you know so many Christians raising kids taking them to church while you make such serious an allegation

but never once do you call the authorities.

Are you not just as guilty ? I suggest that if you have an excuse for this, then I advise that it is just that an excuse. A law is a law and I can't make something that is not illegal unlawful no matter what I "think" or no matter how much I would like it to be. Allegations made that someone is a criminal when they have broken no laws is slander and THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW. Watching a crime I know is before me or seeing children being abused and beaten, I can tell the parents they are abusing there kids but that's a little silly. They were there and they were the abuser, whether they know they are or not,, YOU DO and you do well enough to call them on it. So if you are going to call anyone on anything,,

Why don't you call the police?

Otherwise QUIT MAKING THE CHARGE.

I find it so offensive it disgusts me moreover I am surprised they let you get away with it time and time again. Attacking someone accusing them in general on such a personal level as to bring there kids into it, is about as personal as anyone can get.

- Con

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

i don't call the police because we live in a society where it isn't illegal.

i "get away with it" because i can provide a reasoned explanation as to why i think raising a kid in A N Y belief system is wrong, whether it's religious or political. a child should be exposed to all positions possible on the issue and then be left to make the choice later

i'm not saying raise the kids as atheists, i'm saying to raise the kids knowing about every belief system

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

well, they're not really acting inconsistently with the teachings there...the bible is quite inconsistent on the issues.

it kind of exalts and praises genocidal acts....so...yeah...

So ,,NO it doesn't praise "genocidal" acts and I think I know what you are talking about but "genocide" isn't what is to be praised and if it is what I think it is it would just be more Atheist actions of taking dis-contextual parts of the Bible where the motivation for even reading it, isn't to understand it but to find faults with it and relay them to people who know even less then you think you do in an attempt to create discourse and confusion or to be more specific, to aid in the final loss of their soul

oh, and why didn't the Christians in Nazi Germany (the majority at the time) stop the holocaust carried out by their leader who also happened to be a christian?

I have had this argument with you before Madness and have proven to you that Hitler was NO Christian moreover I doubt seriously you could find ANY Christian who would agree with you NO MATTER WHAT HE DID TO FOOL PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO GET ELECTED! It is JUST like I said, YOU have issues with Christians and your life on these boards prove that all you are here to do is be one of its biggest antagonists. If you don't believe fine, I don't believe in Reptilian threads data posted there but I don't go studying all about it in an attempt to find its contradictions or troll posts where reptilian fans congregate just to give the same pre-packaged cookie cutter posts like those I have already shown you but YOU insist to keep saying regardless of the facts. It is for THAT reason I don't believe in atheist science like evolution because they fit data to a theory. If I had a REASON other then merely saying I don't believe in Reptilian theory, like I was angry at them for some reason THEN that might explain it but you are quite religious in your "mission" to assault Christianity and there isn't a Christian here who hasn't told me about an antagonistic atheist named Maddisinmysoul.

To answer the other part of your question and why I don't know, you will use this same comeback to others no matter what because you are willfully intending to NOT acknowledge anything that supports a Christians reasoning for what they are or what they do. Many Christians WERE put into camps the largest of them were Jehovah Witnesses for not renouncing the faith. GOOGLE IT YOURSELF. I have already giving you the link before and apparently you didn't check it.

atheism isn't a philosophy it's a single position. if people do something, they don't do it in the name

Oh here we go again,, yeah Madd 7/UP is the UN-COLA like Atheism is the UN- GOD but as a category 7/UP is a soft drink and Atheism is a philosophy of un-belief and they are quickly turning evolution into a religious science. You have told me time and time again that Atheism isn't a movement isn't a group with any label which is as clever as the use of the word for terrorists. You don't know who they are so you can't profile em but they are causing a ruckus nevertheless. Same with Atheists and I am not going to bite the bait on that, no way now how. YOU are the one that keeps referring to yourself as "WE" and "US" as if you belong to a group and I don't care if it is a single position, a transparent position or a inside out position, you quote from everyone of them their un-information about the un-god and your un belief for the non religion you call atheism. Do you know how many people with this so called casual un-belief went to hear a famous Atheist named Richard Dawkins speak in his last un-concert? They sold tee shirts with the word "OUT" on it and all of them knew what it was about and agree to its philosophy its dogma and its doctrine of truth. It is a so called truth they all seem to share so whether you want to admit it or not,, many of your "people" are already calling Dawkins High Priest and listen to as they describe it, his Preaching. Looks like soon you guys will go from a single position to a bonafide religion. Yes any group that is antagonistic to Christianity is what Christianity certifies as a cult. We don't care what wiki says about that so don't bother.

ummmmm.....hitler loved Jesus. hate to break it to ya, but you're quite ignorant on that issue.

and none of those wars were started in the name of non-belief

and Mao never started a war...he participated in the revolution, but he didn't start it...

Really Madd? Tell us,, what exactly did he love about him? His teachings? Were YOU present during his prayers ? were you at Hitlers Baptism? Did you hear him ask Christ to come into his heart and control his life towards doing the lords will? Then tell me what was God's chosen people, then answer why he loved the lord so much that he wanted to show his affection by slaughtering as many of his people as he could? YEAH HE LOVED JESUS ! Jeeez and you call ME ignorant. You see Madness THIS is academic, it is very simple to figure out, why was he so obsessed Darwin and with natural selection ? Madd, his actions prove what he was REALLY about and he had no affinity for the Jews and he had no affinity for the Christians and burned bibles and Church's. Madd his Actions prove what he was REALLY about and he subsidized experimentation on humans to accelerate the evolution of a superior race. It is so convenient for you to use that Teflon to add the tag of atheism when it suits you but have us with no handle no belief in a philosophy no organized idea held by people with a passion to debate their ideals. You know,, like you do.

You use arguments regarding all the many Atheist that have to Pretend they are religious JUST to get elected when the argument is how unfair it is for them to get in office but when I suggest that is exactly what Hitler did,, YOU TELL ME HE LOVED JESUS! Their are no words to describe how that looks.

well, let's see...

(christian) Nazi Germany: expansionism... (not blaming Christianity for starting anything there)

soviet Russia: communism...

communist china: communism....

could you show me an act where someone said "we need to start this war because we don't believe in god"?

Many wars start from disagreements just like this and here you are creating this Teflon ad hom where it is only I that am defending a religion. That doesn't make you a non combatant no more then any murder who claims he wasn't guilty because nobody asked him "By the way, are you killing me in the name of something"

Get off the idea that unless something is done in the "name" of something, it doesn't count. THE FACT IS they were a State of Government that were anti religion with a people who were raising generations of more people without the BENEFIT for an opportunity to know about GOD because they didn't believe it.

So it isn't what you call them that made the distinction, it is what they are and they are ATHEISTS and the state was what they praised and it was that kind of moral bottom feeding profile that created so much of the reason they don't get elected easily.

i say religion has killed people

i say religion is bad if something is bad, you get rid of it.

You don't like it when someone makes sweeping generalizations about atheists so here you go again with the Teflon double standard.

NOT ALL RELIGIONS ARE BAD and NOT ALL ATHEISTS START SYSTEMS OF GOVERNMENT THAT USE RELIGION TO GET ELECTED FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES THEN EXTERMINATE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE OF THAT RELIGIONS GOD.

they weren't killed in the name of atheism, they were killed in the name of politics and power.

were Christians killed because they were christian, or because Christianity posed a threat to the ruling communist regime?

it's the latter.

No MADD why would a bunch of atheist do it in the name of religion unless they had one? Where do you get this idea that YOU make the rules of what IS and what ISN'T true predicating it on whether or not it was done in the name of this or that when I don't care WHAT you call them or what UN NAME they have,,

THEY WERE ALL ATHEISTS! That says it all. If I was a bent about stopping Atheism the same way you are about religion I would steal the clever trick you insist on using by saying ALL Atheists are bad but Ill leave you to keep making the same prejudices you aren't guilty of because you did it in the name of nothing. sheesh.

and you also label anything that disagrees with your position as a "hate site"

Well Ill tell ya what Madd,, you show me one vitriolic Christian website forum post and Ill show you 100 even more full of hate and rich with expletives from Atheists sites.

well, the expert on Nazism, Hitler, kind of would disagree.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.

-Adolf Hitler

This would be one of those times an Atheist gets elected pretending to be a Religious person because it is sooooo unfair when it comes to get elected as an atheist, but uh ohhh NOT this time, NOPE heeeere we go again with the Teflon double standard because this guy was so damn evil YOU HAVE GOT TO INSIST HE LOVED JAYSUS! I mean this is the kind of crap theists would do!

Sorry Madd that dog won't hunt, hell it won't even move, unless you kick it and you tried but you're kicking a dead dog.

What it is in FACT is an Atheist who has another Atheist very fooled and has done what many other atheists have done that end up on Religions Door step for those same Atheist to blame.

Not this time and not that guy,, sorry you're dead wrong.

now you're comparing us to Nazi's on top of the defaming (and unbacked)

Yeah well YOU CAN DO THAT KIND OF THING WHEN THE SHOE FITS MADD, You see it is a documented part of the Nuremberg trials that the Nazism was an atheist political party and that means their is a distinction to be made a comparison that one can draw this simple conclusion,, that the common denominator between Nazi's and "Free Thinkers" is this,,

THEY ARE ATHEIST!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Conspiriology

i don't call the police because we live in a society where it isn't illegal.

i "get away with it" because i can provide a reasoned explanation as to why i think raising a kid in A N Y belief system is wrong, whether it's religious or political.
i'm not saying raise the kids as atheists, i'm saying to raise the kids knowing about every belief system

a child should be exposed to all positions possible on the issue and then be left to make the choice later

It isn't illegal BECAUSE??
It isn't against the law? Gee Madd I think that was my point!

I think the other point is this, slander IS against the law and I would be very careful if I were you because you have also said that unless we teach our kids to know ALL the belief system we are child abusers.

Not only does that make every single parent alive, a child abuser but it explains how ignorant you must be about a belief system like Christianity.

You have NO authority to make these outrageuosly offensive assertions, you are NOT a child psychologist, you are NOT a legal authority,, ARE YOU EVEN A PARENT?

I don't think it is because of the "reasoned explanations" you give Mad because frankly they are anything BUT reasonable.

They are typical of you however.

- Con

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A part of me would like to ask Conspiriology to take the "witness stand". I use the word witness in double meaning here, both for court and church. My first question would be, "how many people have you helped lead to Christ by speaking to them in the way you've spoken to Madness?" My next question would be "Where you born a Christian?" Then my third would be "What are you so angry about?" Feel free to answer if you like, but I'm not sure the continuance down this path would be beneficial for either of us. I like madnessinmysoul even though we rarely agree. Overall, I think the heart is well-intentioned though misunderstanding is present when it comes to what Christ says and did. When reading your posts Conspiriology, I cannot help but think that perhaps madnessinmysoul is a bit justified in the way he feels about those who claim to believe in God. My hope is that instead of clinging to things like "dignity" and "pride", that we go back to the Book which originally taught us to "love your neighbor" and "pray for those who persecute you". I have no issue with arguing someone's ideas or beliefs, but when we cross the line and go into demeaning personal attacks, this is where even our thoughts go too far..."But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment". Nobody knows each other in real life here. It's intentional. The reason is we're here to discuss the topics/issues without being blinded by the things we assume with our eyes. The Bible has much to say about anger and judgement, we merely need to follow it else we're representing our faith in ourselves, which has no substance.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

A part of me would like to ask Conspiriology to take the "witness stand". I use the word witness in double meaning here, both for court and church. My first question would be, "how many people have you helped lead to Christ by speaking to them in the way you've spoken to Madness?" My next question would be "Where you born a Christian?" Then my third would be "What are you so angry about?" Feel free to answer if you like, but I'm not sure the continuance down this path would be beneficial for either of us. I like madnessinmysoul even though we rarely agree. Overall, I think the heart is well-intentioned though misunderstanding is present when it comes to what Christ says and did. When reading your posts Conspiriology, I cannot help but think that perhaps madnessinmysoul is a bit justified in the way he feels about those who claim to believe in God. My hope is that instead of clinging to things like "dignity" and "pride", that we go back to the Book which originally taught us to "love your neighbor" and "pray for those who persecute you". I have no issue with arguing someones ideas or beliefs, but when we cross the line and go into demeaning personal attacks, this is where even our thoughts go too far..."But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment". Nobody knows each other in real life here. It's intentional. The reason is we're here to discuss the topics/issues without being blinded by the things we assume with our eyes. The Bible has much to say about anger and judgement, we merely need to follow it else we're representing our faith in ourselves, which has no substance.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by saint4God]

If you can't distinguish between a Genuine discussion and a determined Career atheist forum warrior, I can. While I Understand you post and have read much of your writing, I have other ideas and wasting time in arguments with these people while others who will listen watch and get confused by this same group. It is like sales and they are my competitor selling a product. They cut down the competition and sell what it is they sell. DEATH and worse, the soul.

I have discussed this issue with AshleyD also and just can't stand sitting idly by watching Christians get ther asses handed back to them in debates like this where they have no idea who it is they are dealing with.

You have no idea what this Christian has seen and heard going to ther meetings, reading their books and knowing their so called plans for the future.

I understand you mean well but as I said that isn't what Madd is about,,

What he IS about is what I'm

ALL ABOUT.

- Con

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123 >>

join