It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

Isn't it ironic the more we take God Out, the more screwed up this world gets ?

Yes, and many times when we put God in it gets more screwed up also!!! That is why my saying always goes:

"Beware the teaching of the Church, and beware the teachings of man." Close to what someone else once said.

The absence of God is what caused most of the catastrophic genocides this century... Marxism/Leninism/Maoism: over 120 million deaths resulted, Fascism/Nazism: 45 million deaths resulted.

By the way, over 150,000 Christians are murdered or executed each year because of what they believe. (Mostly in Africa, the Middle East, or Islamic Oceania)

[edit on 1-6-2005 by nappyhead]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
No, it was not the absence of GOD that caused these genocides, but men!!
Hitler, believe it or not, was a very religious fellow.

If one wants to speak of genocide shall we take a look at the crusades?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with GOD. I am a very strong believer, and if you knew my history you would understand why.

You have done what many do. I criticize man, and you think it is an insult to GOD. You are far from what I am trying to say.

I am just trying to prevent the sheep from eventual slaughter. Jesus himself stated to beware of the hypocrites and street corner preachers. That "They have their reward."

Do you not understand what he was saying?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The Trinity decision is law, plain and simple. It is unaccepted by most in the government, but it is still a law.

The case is a law. The notion of this being a Christian nation was not being argued so that is not a law.

I said the CIRCUMSTANCE not the Roe v Wade decision itself. Jane Roe's circumstance that led to the verdict was not intended to legalize abortion across the country... read the whole quote.

The situation would HAVE to have led to a NATIONWIDE legalization as it came before the US Supreme Court.

God doesn't have to justify anything he does -- he chooses to. Just as you don't have to give back the extra change you receive at the store by accident, but choose to.

So then he's impotent. He feels the need to justify himself even just because which is ridiculous notion of an all powerful, all knowing G-d. A G-d that would smite people on a dime decided that he needed to show himself as inferior..oh and as a liar. Nice.

Actually you are mistaken. If you were an expert in Biblical philosophy and prophecy you would know that from the very beginning it was the role of the Messiah to be sacrificed.

In Christian philosophy maybe. Not in Judaism.

Christ's rejection is prophesied about several times in the Old Testament and he is rejected because the hypocritical and ritualistic leaders (the Pharisees) stirred the crowd against him.

Wrong. The only places that I can see Jesus in the Tanakh is in Deuteronomy 13 where a Jewish prophet will be raised to test the Jews and their love of G-d. Then less directly in parshas Emor, the story of the married Jewish woman who had a son with an Egyptian suitor. The son spoke blasphemously and was put to death.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"First of all, that has nothing to do with the role of the Jewish moshiach hence the rejection of Jesus."

Actually you are mistaken. If you were an expert in Biblical philosophy and prophecy you would know that from the very beginning it was the role of the Messiah to be sacrificed. Christ's rejection is prophesied about several times in the Old Testament and he is rejected because the hypocritical and ritualistic leaders (the Pharisees) stirred the crowd against him.

This is the opinion of some, as we all know. But, there have been dozens of rebuttals that I find plausable in this discussion area, alone.

In fact, in order to support your statement, you have to begin by believing that all that is written in the NT (and not corroborated elsewhere) is the truth and the whole truth. I'm not going to do a point-by-point, here. Many others have done and have done it ever so much better than I could ever do. Suffice it to say that I do not accept the NT as an accurate historical account.

I also have suspicions and doubts regarding the issue as to whether the NT accounts were "retro-fitted" to some of the prophecies in order to bolster the claims of this fledgling religion. Even the prophecies to which you refer are subject to interpretation and debate.

Still, you are entitled to your beliefs and I make no attempt to convince you otherwise. I merely point out that you cannot issue such as statement as "fact" and, in doing so, legitimately challenge the scholarship of one who does not share your faith using only a single source that has been clearly shown to have been both mistranslated and "edited with an agenda".

And, yes, I freely admit that some of what I just wrote also contained opinion but, here's my disclaimer.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Since the beginning, mankind had given something up for God in the form of sacrifices. It wasn't those animals running around in the wild, rather one that was part of their homestead thereby giving up something of value. It was a giving up of something important to show how much a person treasures God. This is love.

G-d commanded "qorbanot" (sacrifices/offerings). There are three aspects to qorbanot. But the first thing I want to say is that the word comes from the root Qof-Resh-Bet, which means to draw near...so the purpose of sacrifice was to draw near to G-d. The second is to give which is the renunciation of something that belongs to the person, which is why it's those homestead animals instead of something else. The food offerings such as meal and flour required substantial work to prepare. The third part is substitution; the idea that what is being done to the offering is what should have been done to the person making the offering...it's a sort of punishment. In Hebrew, when qorbanot is mentioned in the Torah, G-d's four letter name is used which is the mercy attribute.

The purposes of qorbanot is not just for forgiveness but is also just sort of communicating with G-d like expressing thanks, love, gratitude. Some do for ritual impurity which is not sin related, like women and their menstrual cycle.

We obviously can't sacrifice animals because there is no Temple and that would be in violation of the Torah. Deuteronomy 12.13-14. Now we use prayer as shown in Hosea...we render instead of bullocks the offering of our lips (14.3). King Solomon also said that it could be used to obtain forgiveness (I Kings 8.46-50). In Judaism, sacrifice was never enough and some actions weren't forgiven at all.

God gave us a gift, an ultimate sacrifice to show that He's a loving God to give up a part of Himself. It was then that people took major notice. Instead of being punished for our sins in this life by flood, pillar of fire, etc., we're given an opportunity to accept this gift, learn, and be with Him.

I'll just respectfully disagree.

I like your perspective on slavery, can I ask how you arrived at it? I've read the Old Testament quite a bit, but I seem to lack the cultural understanding of the time period in this regard. Is there some other resources that can help fill in that background?

Study time with rabbis, reading, graduate degree, and a ton of Baptist background. They were less radical when I was growing up though still very hellish.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

...and so that makes it ok?

Did I say that I would do it? No.

Non-hebrew slaves were not given such treatment. That I have to spell that out for you is telling.

Yes they were as I have shown already. Your horse is starting to smell.

Wrong about what? The verse clearly gives a penalty for killing a slave, and explicitly gives an out if the slave lives a day or two after having been beaten. It permits beating the hell out of slaves without penalty, as long as they don't die immediately.

Wrong that it was permitted for slaves to be treated badly. It gives the punishment for murdering a slave. It does not say you can beat them so long as they don't die. You're just reading into it what you want it to say.

You have the nerve to accuse me of failing to read all this nonsense, when you yourself are not even familiar with what it actually says?

Who accused you of failing to read? I asked how does "you shall not covet" condone slavery.

There is no command "you shall not covet".

Yes there is. It's the tenth. You shall not covet your neighbor's house: you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female slave, or his ox or his ass, or anything that is your neighbors. That specifically says, you shall not covet. G-d doesn't speak King James English. If you would like it in Hebrew, I will be glad to email it to you as the characters may not show up here.

How can the following not be understood to imply that slavery is acceptable, within the very text of the 10 Commandments themselves:

Exodus 20:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his , nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

Manservant and maidservant are not hired hands, they are slaves, as is spelled out clearly in the subsequent chapter.

Slavery was acceptable but was not condoned. Now here's where I'm going to say it. You're failing to understand. There is a difference between accepting something and condoning something. If G-d were condoning it, he would be overlooking it. Instead, G-d accepted the practice and made provisions. If you're having trouble understanding the definitions of these words, I suggest a dictionary. Also, Hebrew slavery was laid out in a couple of verses. Those were free in six years or less depending on the length of time to pay off a debt. The slaves acquired through the slave were free in the jubilee years. And the punishment for killing a slave voluntarily is for either kind of slave.

I could care less about a bunch of rediculous ancient laws invented by illiterate sunstroked goat herders - until people start trying to promote them using the public treasury. Then I care to the extent it is necessary to expose the fraud for what it is.

Christians promote it being displayed, not Jews. Being a Jew and it being a part of Judaism, I think it absurd for Christians to use them in such a way. I think if they are going to display those, they should allow others to post their rules and/or commandments along side those of Moses. But frankly, I think Christians should display their two commandments, nine at most if they are going to display anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No, it was not the absence of GOD that caused these genocides, but men!!
Hitler, believe it or not, was a very religious fellow.

If one wants to speak of genocide shall we take a look at the crusades?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with GOD. I am a very strong believer, and if you knew my history you would understand why.

You have done what many do. I criticize man, and you think it is an insult to GOD. You are far from what I am trying to say.

I am just trying to prevent the sheep from eventual slaughter. Jesus himself stated to beware of the hypocrites and street corner preachers. That "They have their reward."

Do you not understand what he was saying?

I'll clarify: not the absence of God, but the absence of God in government.

Hitler was religious, but the state was officially atheistic.

Compare the death toll during the crusades to the 200~million death toll because of atheism this century.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shonet1430

The Trinity decision is law, plain and simple. It is unaccepted by most in the government, but it is still a law.

The case is a law. The notion of this being a Christian nation was not being argued so that is not a law.

I said the CIRCUMSTANCE not the Roe v Wade decision itself. Jane Roe's circumstance that led to the verdict was not intended to legalize abortion across the country... read the whole quote.

The situation would HAVE to have led to a NATIONWIDE legalization as it came before the US Supreme Court.

God doesn't have to justify anything he does -- he chooses to. Just as you don't have to give back the extra change you receive at the store by accident, but choose to.

So then he's impotent. He feels the need to justify himself even just because which is ridiculous notion of an all powerful, all knowing G-d. A G-d that would smite people on a dime decided that he needed to show himself as inferior..oh and as a liar. Nice.

Actually you are mistaken. If you were an expert in Biblical philosophy and prophecy you would know that from the very beginning it was the role of the Messiah to be sacrificed.

In Christian philosophy maybe. Not in Judaism.

Christ's rejection is prophesied about several times in the Old Testament and he is rejected because the hypocritical and ritualistic leaders (the Pharisees) stirred the crowd against him.

Wrong. The only places that I can see Jesus in the Tanakh is in Deuteronomy 13 where a Jewish prophet will be raised to test the Jews and their love of G-d. Then less directly in parshas Emor, the story of the married Jewish woman who had a son with an Egyptian suitor. The son spoke blasphemously and was put to death.

It wasn't being argued, but is the central focus of the final decision and is therefore law.

I know what the Roe v. Wade case is and I know the situation. I agree with you. All I was saying is that Jane Roe wasn't initially fighting for legalization across the country, but instead for legalization for herself and that was the initial circumstance.

"As a liar," what do you mean? Where did he lie? What does impotence have to do with him having a righteous moral standard? He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. but his "love endures forever," and he is good -- not evil or neutral, but good.

Do you recall the speech God gave after the fall of man? "I will put enmity... you will strike his heel and he will crush your head... yada yada" Or how about all the prohecies in the book of Isaiah and the other prophets. The prohecies that predict he will be of the lineage of David, he will be born in Bethleham, AND AT HIS DEATH he will be speared in the side, but none of his bones will be broken, "they will cast lots for his clothes." etc..., etc... If you believe Jesus was the Messiah then it's interesting to know that all of these prohecies came to pass.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Some one correct me if I'm wrong here BUT the reason of slavery was because the Jews ask for it ( they demanded to have it ))))...

Its like the Law, there would not have been a writen law But the Jews Demanded it.. ( So They could judged each other and the rest of the world !!!!

The Jews were very Special to God, the Jews were his chosen People, his chosen Race for all time... But God had made a deal with them to always obey and to stay Pure in there Blood Line always and forever and they agreed...

That agreedment was made with Blood and was supposed to last forever in God eyes. That is the reason that God had the jews to kill everything in the land when God lead them to the promise Land. All life was to be destoryed and all the Riches of the land to be Destoryed also so there would be nothing in or on the land that could influence the Jews in any way.. He wanted no contact of other races to be Close to the Jewish nation at all. They were to be a nation that was taken care of by God and I guess he would have lived with them always..

As usual the people did not keep there end of the Contract and Contract and Contract.. And finely God was tird of there lying and broke the nation and put in every Country in the world and they lost there promas land..

The UN gave then a pece of there land back to them in 1947 because of over 2000 years of praying and in 1968 they took the holy city back and that made them a nation again..

All the weard things you see God let them Do was all of what they asked for, it wasn't Gods Ideal But his children wanted it or something else..

That is the reason for Jesus to appear, God Gave up on the Jews as his perfect race and open his Heart up for the Gentile which open up our chance to be with him also...Which I though Was good of Him...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The absence of GOD in government? How can that be? GOD is everywhere, everything, everyone.

How many have been slaughtered in the name of GOD? GOD is NOT the problem. There is no lack of GOD. What is lacking is the thought processes in many that believe GOD considers some above others, and that THEIR way is GOD's way.

How could that be? We are all part of GOD are we not?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The absence of GOD in government? How can that be? GOD is everywhere, everything, everyone.

How many have been slaughtered in the name of GOD? GOD is NOT the problem. There is no lack of GOD. What is lacking is the thought processes in many that believe GOD considers some above others, and that THEIR way is GOD's way.

How could that be? We are all part of GOD are we not?

I'm not argueing that God isn't omnipresent, I know that. All I am saying is that when men remove reference and respect for God from the government... and when the government doesn't acknowledge that God is in control... then the government becomes God and can invent its own moral standard, just as what had been done in the Soviet Union, Italy, Germany, Japan, China, etc... and that is where all the major genocides (that dwarf the death tolls during the crusades) took place. Over 200 million were killed... all because the government had its own moral, secular, standard and didn't acknowledge God and his biblical standard.

You are taking a somewhat agnostic approach. If Jesus Christ is God then Christians are right and everyone else is wrong. That may be rash, but it is true. However... if Jesus Christ isn't God then perhaps another religion is true and Christians are wrong. You can't say that we are all part of God, because only the correct religion is (whatever that is). Christianity is open to all people (this is what makes everyone equal because all are invited), but if you purposely choose another religion then you are wrong (if Christianity is the true religion). To say that Christianity is right and everyone else is wrong doesn't say that everyone else is any less. "He shows no favoritism..." "He is not partial..." these are both verses in the Bible that show that each human is of equal value.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have been going back and forth on evolution vs. creationism theories for some time and have found great parallels in both that show that creation and evolution go hand and hand. Is the long time theory of Darwin’s Evolution in it’s last and final days ?

Please check out the sites below for further info and let me know what you think ?

www.icr.org...

I also found this site with some interesting material as well supporting the same theory.

The Big Issue- mall.turnpike.net...

Scientific Methods- mall.turnpike.net...

Two models of Origins- mall.turnpike.net...

What do Christian scientists believe- mall.turnpike.net...

How can all these scientists be wrong- mall.turnpike.net...

What is the theory of evolution- mall.turnpike.net...

History- mall.turnpike.net...

Top Evidence against the Theory of Evolution- mall.turnpike.net...

Do you believe - mall.turnpike.net...

The bible is a textbook of science- www.icr.org...

Please give me some feedback with backup, NOT just your opinion or feelings about this matter.

There are many more sites out there just like this, but I think I have already taken enough space.

Thanks in advance for the feedback !

Very interesting Dr. Von Frankenstein ! What next ??

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry-

This was supposed to be a NEW thread !

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have to vehemently disagree with a claim of agnosticism.

Actually let me throw back at you. You are making the claim that only one "religion" can be right. That if Jesus Christ is not GOD, etc. then whatever religion is "wrong".

I believe in an almighty creator. The one who controls this place. The energy that keeps everything held together. The one who continually expands the universe. The one who says in my heart that if you play the game right this may be only the first inning. The quote, "For when one comes to the great scorer it's not whether you won or lost it's how you played the game."

Belief in the eternal light, and everlasting life heck yea. The belief that one group is right and one group is wrong. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Jesus Christ himself said, "I am the light". The only ones who are wrong are the ones who use Jesus, Muhammed, or whomever's name to push an agenda of FEAR the one true emotion other than LOVE.

I saw that preacherman on TV the other day. He spoke that "toleration" was unthinkable-basically that one who "tolerated" have no spine. Now he's one of them thar "Christian" preacher man. He spoke of GOD's love with nary a smile. Either you think one way on a certain subject or you think the other but take a stand. I take a stand against the poison of FEAR and lack of understanding and LOVE of fellow man.

Most are unwilling to take that stand. I AM not.

Namaste'

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I have to vehemently disagree with a claim of agnosticism.

Actually let me throw back at you. You are making the claim that only one "religion" can be right. That if Jesus Christ is not GOD, etc. then whatever religion is "wrong".

I believe in an almighty creator. The one who controls this place. The energy that keeps everything held together. The one who continually expands the universe. The one who says in my heart that if you play the game right this may be only the first inning. The quote, "For when one comes to the great scorer it's not whether you won or lost it's how you played the game."

Belief in the eternal light, and everlasting life heck yea. The belief that one group is right and one group is wrong. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Jesus Christ himself said, "I am the light". The only ones who are wrong are the ones who use Jesus, Muhammed, or whomever's name to push an agenda of FEAR the one true emotion other than LOVE.

I saw that preacherman on TV the other day. He spoke that "toleration" was unthinkable-basically that one who "tolerated" have no spine. Now he's one of them thar "Christian" preacher man. He spoke of GOD's love with nary a smile. Either you think one way on a certain subject or you think the other but take a stand. I take a stand against the poison of FEAR and lack of understanding and LOVE of fellow man.

Namaste'

Core principles of Islam show that only Islam is the true faith, and all others are infidels.

Christianity is the same as well. "I am the way, the truth, and the light. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME."

"Belief in the eternal light, and everlasting life heck yea. The belief that one group is right and one group is wrong. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!"

If you agree with the above statement then you are, in all practicality, calling Christ a liar. If Christ can be trusted, then HE ALONE is the way to salvation. Not Muhammed, not Buddha, not anyone, but the Messiah: Christ Jesus. Most religions can simply not be put together no matter how strongly you believe as you do. Christ's words are plain and clear.

And it doesn't matter how "good" you are in this life or how bad. Salvation (if Christianity is true) is giving freely. If it was based on merit (or "how you played the game") then Christ's death was in vain.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It wasn't being argued, but is the central focus of the final decision and is therefore law.

So every single word in the decision becomes a law? Um no. This is what the central focus was. Try reading the entire opinion.

'It was no doubt primarily the object of the act to prohibit the introduction of assisted immigrants, brought here under contracts previously made by corporations and capitalists to prepay their passage and obtain their services at low wages for limited periods of time. It was a measure introduced and advocated by the trades union and labor associations, designed to shield the interests represented by such organizations from the effects of the competition in the labor market of foreigners brought here under contracts having a tendency to stimulate immigration and reduce the rates of wages. Except from the language of the statute, there is no reason to suppose a contract like the present to be within the evils which the law was designed to suppress; and, indeed, it would not be indulging a violent supposition to assume that no legislative body in this country would have advisedly enacted a law framed so as to cover a case like the present.'

I know what the Roe v. Wade case is and I know the situation. I agree with you. All I was saying is that Jane Roe wasn't initially fighting for legalization across the country, but instead for legalization for herself and that was the initial circumstance.

It doesn't take a genius to know that if something is handed down by the Supreme Court that it will be law everywhere. Initially, she was fighting for herself but it ended up going further.

"As a liar," what do you mean? Where did he lie?

He didn't lie. He said he's not a man and he doesn't change. To make himself a man would be to make himself a liar. G-d would be all knowing yes? So he would know that he would eventually make himself into a man. Why would he say otherwise? He would be lying which he instructed us not to do.

"G-d is not man to be capricious. Or mortal to change His mind. Would He speak and not act, Promise and not fulfill?" Numbers 23.19

I will not act on my wrath, Will not turn to destroy Ephraim. For I am G-d, not man, "The Holy One in your midst: I will not come in fury." Hosea 11.9

For I am the L-rd--I have not changed; and you are the children of Jacob-you have not ceased to be. Malachi 3.6

I, even I, am HaShem; and beside Me there is no saviour. Isaiah 43.11

Do you recall the speech God gave after the fall of man?

No because there is no fall of man in Judaism.

"I will put enmity... you will strike his heel and he will crush your head... yada yada"

Ok let's look at this logically. Now look at that verse and ask yourself....is there anyway prior to the coming of Jesus that this verse would be messianic? The verse is in the middle of G-d addressing Eve and the serpent. How Satan got shoved in there is beyond me but this verse has been twisted to mean that there will be a man born of the woman's seed and he will do away with Satan. Not one single bit of that is Jewish. What it is....NT writers doing what they did best. Taking bits and pieces to make Jesus fit the mold. According to Christians, he had to be the seed of Abraham (Gen 17.7 and 22.18). The NT back up for that is Galatians 3.16.
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ

The absurdity of this verse is overwhelming. As the word seed has no plurality to it when dealing with human seed. It's like the English word deer or sheep. And is used like the word hair in which one says "My cat got the couch full of hair" you don't say full of hairs.

And just for fun, yada is the Yiddish word for get to know...sexually. I just thought it was funny that it sounded like Eve was having sex with the serpent. It makes the Seinfeld episode funny knowing that tidbit anyhow.

Or how about all the prohecies in the book of Isaiah and the other prophets.

Yes, how about them? They don't predict G-d becoming a man and then killing himself. They predict the moshaich who will NOT be a G-d or a remnant of G-d.

The prohecies that predict he will be of the lineage of David, he will be born in Bethleham,

Ok one thing at a time. Jesus' father was G-d....not Joseph. G-d doesn't have a tribal heritage. So he would automatically be eliminated as being of the root of Jesse and the tribe of Judah. Moving on to Bethlehem.

Micah 5.1
But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from ancient days.

This verse has no reference to the Messiah but it shows that all rulers will come from Bethlehem where David was born...hence whose goings forth are from of old.

AND AT HIS DEATH he will be speared in the side, but none of his bones will be broken, "they will cast lots for his clothes." etc..., etc...

The moshaich as promised to Israel will cause death to cease. How could there be any reference to him dying? Isaiah 25.8....He will swallow up death forever. Also, try getting a better translation. Verse one says, "For the leader; on ayyeleth ha-shahar. A psalm of David. This psalm is actually read for Purim as it pertains to Haman. And ayyeleth ha-shahar means Deer of the Dawn which is a musical term for the melody that the psalm was sung to.

If you believe Jesus was the Messiah then it's interesting to know that all of these prohecies came to pass.

I don't believe he's the messiah and these weren't prophecies. Below are the prophecies. Can you tell me why when Jesus was "here," they didn't come to pass?

World Peace

"And he [Messiah] shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." -- Isaiah 2:4

"He [Messiah] will destroy death forever." -- Isaiah 25:8

"Then the inhabitants of the cities of Israel will go out and make fire and feed them with the weapons -- shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, clubs and spears; they shall use them as fuel for seven years." -- Ezekiel 39:9

Universal Knowledge of G-d

"For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. -- Isaiah 11:9

"And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or shall one teach his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know Me, from their smallest to their greatest," says the Lord" -- Jeremiah 31:33

"All who survive of all those nations that came up against Jerusalem shall make a pilgrimage year by year to bow low to the King Lord of Hosts and to observe the feasts." -- Zechariah 14:16

"And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and His name one." -- Zechariah 14:9

"Thus said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, ten men from nations of every tongue will take hold -- they will take hold of every Jew by a corner of his cloak and say, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you."
-- Zachariah 8.23

Building of the Third Temple

"...and I will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My temple also shall be with them. Yes, I will be their G-d and they shall be My people. And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore. -- Ezekiel 37:26-28 (See also Ezekiel 40-48; Isaiah 33:20)

Death Will Cease

"He will swallow up death forever...." -- Isaiah 25:8

Resurrection of the Dead

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust, for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." -- Isaiah 26:19

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." -- Daniel 12:2

"Therefore, prophesy and say to them, "So says the Lord G-d: Lo! I open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves as My people, and bring you home to the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and lead you up out of your graves as My people."-- Ezekiel 37:12-13

Ingathering of Israel

"I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ''Give up,'' and to the south, "Keep not back, bring My sons from far, and My daughter from the ends of the earth. -- Isaiah 43:5-6. (See also Jeremiah 16:15; 23:3; Isaiah 11:12; Zechariah 10:6; Ezekiel 37:21-22)

(And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. -- Isaiah 11:12

But, As the L-rd lives, who brought the people of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands where he had driven them; and I will bring them back to their land that I gave to their fathers. -- Jeremiah 16:15

And I will gather the remnant of my flock from all countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. -- Jeremiah 23:3

21. And say to them, Thus says the Lord G-d: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from among the nations, where they have gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land;
22. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, nor shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all; -- Ezekiel 37: 21-22)

The Nations Will Help the Jews Materially

"Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall fear and expand; because the abundance of the sea shall be overturned upon you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you." -- Isaiah 60:5

"Foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall minister to you. Men shall bring you the wealth of the nations with their kings led in procession. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste." -- Isaiah 60:10--12

"But you shall be called “priests of the L-rd,” men shall say of you, “ministers of our G-d;” you shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their riches you shall glory." -- Isaiah 61:6

Eternal Joy and Gladness Will Characterize the Jewish Nation

"And the redeemed of the L-rd shall return, and come to Zion in song; everlasting joy shall be upon their head; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee. -- Isaiah 51:11

The Jews Will Be Sought For Spiritual Guidance

Thus says the L--rd of hosts: “In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations shall take hold and seize the robe of a Jew, saying: `Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you.' ” -- Zechariah 8:23

All Weapons Of War Will Be Destroyed

"Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go forth and set fire to the weapons and burn them, shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, handspikes and spears, and they will make fires of them for seven years...." -- Ezekiel 39:9

The Enemy Dead Will Be Buried

For seven months the House of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. -- Ezekiel 39:12

The Egyptian River Will Run Dry

"And the L-rd will utterly destroy the tongue of the sea of Egypt and wave His hand over the river with His scorching wind, and smite it into seven channels, and make men cross dryshod." -- Isaiah 11:15

Trees Will Yield New Fruit Monthly in Israel

And on both sides of the bank of the stream, all trees for food will grow; their leaves will not wither nor will their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because their waters flow from the Sanctuary; their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine. -- Ezekiel 47:12

Each Tribe of Israel Will Receive It's Inheritance

"Thus says the L-rd, G-d: “These are the boundaries by which you shall divide the land for inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions. And you shall divide equally that which I swore to give your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance.” -- Ezekiel 47:13--14

All Warfare Will Cease

"And He shall judge among the nations and decide for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." -- Isaiah 2:4

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Some one correct me if I'm wrong here BUT the reason of slavery was because the Jews ask for it ( they demanded to have it ))))...

Chapter and verse please.

Its like the Law, there would not have been a writen law But the Jews Demanded it.. ( So They could judged each other and the rest of the world !!!!

You can't be serious. The Jews demanded that G-d write the laws? Does that mean the Jews are above G-d? Should you all start worshipping me? I snipped the rest for absurdity.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If you agree with the above statement then you are, in all practicality, calling Christ a liar. If Christ can be trusted, then HE ALONE is the way to salvation. Not Muhammed, not Buddha, not anyone, but the Messiah: Christ Jesus. Most religions can simply not be put together no matter how strongly you believe as you do. Christ's words are plain and clear.

And it doesn't matter how "good" you are in this life or how bad. Salvation (if Christianity is true) is giving freely. If it was based on merit (or "how you played the game") then Christ's death was in vain.

Sorry but, you are leaving out one very important and I think very likely possibility (OK, really you're leaving out several, if not hundreds but...) - who says these are the words of Jesus, the Christ of the Christian faith? In fact, I think what you've really got is the Roman Church putting words into the mouth of this man (or men, by many reconings) to create this "all or nothing" situation that was vital to the growth of the wealth and power of the the church. That church being shown in all reliable historical records to have been corrupt and anything but "Christ-like". Believe what you want to believe but there's no way that I can believe that the same Jesus of your NT ever said "you're either with us or against us" - that's a very human, or "papal" point of view, in my opinion. And, just so you don't think I'm attacking Christianity exclusively, those kinds of "quotes" from Mohammed don't seem very believable to me, either. "Kill all the unbelievers or damn them to eternal hell" is just not something that I can believe came from God.

Harshness edited out - got a little offended, at first.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You are taking a somewhat agnostic approach. If Jesus Christ is God then Christians are right and everyone else is wrong. That may be rash, but it is true. However... if Jesus Christ isn't God then perhaps another religion is true and Christians are wrong. You can't say that we are all part of God, because only the correct religion is (whatever that is).

Could you please show me in the Bible where G-d becomes affiliated with a particular religion? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

WHO'S RIGHT AND WHO'S WRONG?

EVERYONE!!!!! and NO ONE!!!!!

I know this wasn't for me but I couldn't resist. I don't believe that Jesus was G-d but I also don't believe that Christianity is wrong. Just the other day, I was talking to my fundie friend. She called during a break from reading. I asked what she was reading and she told me a book by Billy Graham's son. She went on and on about how wonderful it was and that he was on the money with his opinion about proselytizing. "He was talking about how all of these other religions share their experiences but Christians get bashed for doing it." My eyes rolled a little. She went on talking and I finally said to her, "There is a difference. What you believe is that there is one right religion for EVERYONE. Others believe that their one religion is right for THEM." I hold to my belief that one size doesn't fit all so G-d sent prophets and messengers to draw people in. I also believe that narrow is the mind that believes that Jesus is the only way. Back to him being G-d....my belief that he wasn't G-d doesn't change that I believe Christianity is the path that some people should be on. My friend that I was talking about...she's Jewish by birth but Christianity is a much better fit for her. She's needy and finds comfort in the idea of Jesus. So be it.

I want to be reincarnated as a cat. I have put my request in. I think I have been good enough to deserve that much.

TOUCHE!

Remember Jesus Christ himself said, "I am the light".

SHHH don't tell but so did some other "Christs." When I told my friend that, she said, "Well I have to believe that Christ said it first." I had to ask how it was physically possible considering most others predate him. She couldn't answer.

The only ones who are wrong are the ones who use Jesus, Muhammed, or whomever's name to push an agenda of FEAR the one true emotion other than LOVE.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly, I lived in that fear for 20+ years but I didn't push it.

Can I get in line?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join