It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by saint4God
Hope, a future, assurance and most of all...eternal life. That's the absolute power of CHRISTianity.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by saint4God]

all religions provide (false) hope
all promote a positive future using this false hope
assurance in an unsure world is yet another similarity all religions share, and why they get so many blind adherents
and the promise of an eternal life? that's another similarity among religions

i don't see the absolute power of christianity there

You shouldn't be so quick to generalize. Hinduism does not provide false hope. It provides you reap what you sow. And I do very much believe in that.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hinduism provides hope.........false hope. It is a religion of works from Zoroastrianism. See the sun, the moon and the stars. See the serpent.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Hinduism provides hope.........false hope. It is a religion of works from Zoroastrianism. See the sun, the moon and the stars. See the serpent.

first, i'd like to apologize to jade bridge, you're right, hinduism as well as buddhism don't provide false hope

secondly
hinduism PREDATES zoroastrianism....

hell, it's probably the oldest of the religions

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I see hindu and buddhism as a more rational, science way of looking at things while still being spiritual in nature. I think if jesus had created a religion it wouldnt be what christians believe today. After all he did say the kingdom of heaven is found within.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

first, i'd like to apologize to jade bridge, you're right, hinduism as well as buddhism don't provide false hope

secondly
hinduism PREDATES zoroastrianism....

hell, it's probably the oldest of the religions

Your facts are incorrect. A little more research is in order.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hinduism is so widely accepted as the worlds oldest religion that i didn't think i'd need to research it

but here's what i found

the harappan society dating to around 7000 years ago, is known to have practiced an early form of hinduism

Zoroaster lived around 1200 BCE....

i can't see how my facts are incorrect

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

hinduism is so widely accepted as the worlds oldest religion that i didn't think i'd need to research it

but here's what i found

the harappan society dating to around 7000 years ago, is known to have practiced an early form of hinduism

Zoroaster lived around 1200 BCE....

i can't see how my facts are incorrect

All these cultures have a flood story...........what is the date of the flood?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
date of which flood?

if you're talking the biblical flood, there is no evidence to support a worldwide flood
so it never happened

just a bunch of myths relating to a horrendous flood, most likely blowing a small disaster out of proportions

every culture that has a flood story is near a body of water
every culture that has a flood story experienced periodic floods on a small scale

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

date of which flood?

if you're talking the biblical flood, there is no evidence to support a worldwide flood
so it never happened

just a bunch of myths relating to a horrendous flood, most likely blowing a small disaster out of proportions

every culture that has a flood story is near a body of water
every culture that has a flood story experienced periodic floods on a small scale

Evidence tells a different story. There was only one flood, it was worldwide.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When will everyone realize there is only one God. The religions are man-made and they are ALL a farce. The name of this thread is absurd. The absolute power of Christianity. Jesus would be sickened.........if he was witness to this horrific sham.

There are all kinds of people: white, black, yellow, red, brown, etc., Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. American, European, Asian, African, etc.....But they...we are all people....all human beings. We all come from the same place and we all go to the same place when we die. Religion doesn't decide that. Religion decides what it wants based on its agenda...the personal agendas of the people who started them. There is no truth in religion.....only abuse of power and control and in many cases, greed, corruption and hate (hate for others that believe something else)......hate and persecution of those not liek themselves. If you think this was God's plan...you are mistaken. This is and always has been the plan of those who want power!!

God wants no religion. God sees only human beings and wants them to see Him. You're not going to see Him at some evanagelical ceremony led by some greedy psycopath with a head of hair that defies gravity and logic. i.e. Benny Hinn.....that man is Satan himself!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

you say this, yet you never have any evidence to back up your claim.
you've actually said "Evidence tells a different story" several times with regard to several topics, but you never show it to us

you're claiming an event happened, where is your evidence to support that it did?

show me

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

you've actually said "Evidence tells a different story" several times with regard to several topics, but you never show it to us

you're claiming an event happened, where is your evidence to support that it did?

show me

Thick layer of sediment all over the earth with sea fossils out to tell you something.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

show me

Thick layer of sediment all over the earth with sea fossils out to tell you something.

lol, go Sun Matrix... go go go, go Sun Matrix..... ooooohhhh Sun Matrix burned you good.. lol

I'd give you a way above Sun Matrix... but it appears I'm all out already..

The great flood has been documented in many cultures and traditions..

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
lol, go Sun Matrix... go go go, go Sun Matrix..... ooooohhhh Sun Matrix burned you good.. lol

The great flood has been documented in many cultures and traditions..

This flood is dated around 4000 or so years ago? The same as the other culture's flood stories. Funny thing is.. I didn't know you could get sea fossils in 4000 years. The reason you get sea fossils all over the earth is because of millions and billions of years of evolution change. Did you know that once the sahara desert was under water? You wouldn't think to look at it now, but delve a little deeper and you'll find sea fossils. This in no way is proof of a worldwide flood. This is proof that at one point in time that part of land was under water for a sufficient amount of time (not a flood).

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jade Bridge
You shouldn't be so quick to generalize. Hinduism does not provide false hope. It provides you reap what you sow. And I do very much believe in that.

Ah yes, I'm familiar where that's written...

"A man reaps what he sows." - Galatians 6:7

And, Matthew 13:1-23 which ends with "But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

For those interested in this concept, the Bible makes 71 related references to it.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If you were born in China, you'd most likely be a faithful Communist. If you were born to a traditional tribal family in Haiti, you'd be practicing Voodoo. Every society produces people who are passionately convinced that their beliefs are right, even to the extent that they are willing to die for it.

The majority of humans are products of society. Almost every religion claims that the other is wrong. One way or another at least one billion people are living in error. Maybe none of them have a monopoly on the truth, and everyone is wrong.

Wake up. Become intellectually independent of the society that formed your beliefs. Otherwise you're just a puppet of society. And society could be making some very grave errors...

Products of 'society' not 'Christianity'. Christianity has no power. Society has the power to shape and mold you in to a Christian.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Ah yes, I'm familiar where that's written...

"A man reaps what he sows." - Galatians 6:7

And, Matthew 13:1-23 which ends with "But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

For those interested in this concept, the Bible makes 71 related references to it.

alright...
so the bible has been influenced by the hindu religion
i don't see why that's anything special
it is one of the world's oldest religions, far predating both the hebrew and christian religion

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

i don't see why that's anything special

The Bible was not influenced by the Hindu religion. You are in error. Can you back this statement? I believe I can disprove you.

it is one of the world's oldest religions, far predating both the hebrew and christian religion

Well for once we agree on something. Hinduism is older that Christianity. It comes from Zoroastrianism which came into being after the flood by Nimrod who was Zoroaster.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
sun, again with the baseless claims about nimrod, you never have shown evidence to support it
if you want to keep making this claim, just start a thread to prove it

then you say it was a post-flood religion
a flood whose existence is in so much doubt that most people in the academic community (even the scholarly biblical community) doesn't acknowledge it's existence

hinduism is far older than the religion of zoroaster
that's what the evidence says

well, when you see the elements of an older religion in a younger 1 it isn't much of a strech to say there may have been an influence

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

alright...

Please validate this statement

far predating both the hebrew and christian religion

Since Hebrew and Christianity start "In the Beginning..." how can anything predate it?

In any case, I don't see how comparing books has much to do about what Christ can for you right now. The thread started about what the Absolute Power of Christianity isn't (this power is not people, ruling power, land and "forcing issues") to what the Absolute Power of Christianity is, which is God, what He has done and the gift He now gives. If you want to validate the Bible, find God now and let Him point you to the Book as He did with this skeptic. I seriously doubt anyone will have a coming to Jesus by reading the Bible cover to cover. If they do, GREAT! But being an ex-nonbeliever, I can say it was not the case for me.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join