It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 106
7
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
So saint, you're saying that there's no murder in the bible? or no hatred toward your neighbor, fellow human, or enemy in the bible?


I'm saying these were the directions we are given and are to follow.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
You might want to read back, there's even examples of God telling people to go and commit murder, mass murder in fact in the form of war. God's done his fair share of killing, he wiped out animals, organisms, people in the flood.


How many did He create?


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Jesus got all raged that one time and starting going crazy in the temple at the money lenders..


How many people did he kill?


Originally posted by shaunybaby
how is that loving your neighbor or enemy?


What did he say about the people whose tables he'd tossed? Where were these people making their profits?


Originally posted by shaunybaby
It's not showing us a very good example.. 'If you don't like something, go turn over their tables and destroy what they own'..


What did he destroy?




posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'm saying these were the directions we are given and are to follow.


Then why is The Bible full of things that go against these 'directions'?


Originally posted by shaunybaby
You might want to read back, there's even examples of God telling people to go and commit murder, mass murder in fact in the form of war. God's done his fair share of killing, he wiped out animals, organisms, people in the flood.


Originally posted by saint4God
How many did He create?


That's not justification. And if we're going down this road.. He created 'two'. Two human lives. He's killed far more than that.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Jesus got all raged that one time and starting going crazy in the temple at the money lenders..


Originally posted by saint4God
How many people did he kill?


I didn't say Jesus killed anyone. Perhaps you'd like to not put words in to my mouth next time. If the teaching is 'Love thy enemy/neighbor'.. Then how is storming the temple with rage loving your enemy/neighbor?


Originally posted by saint4God
What did he say about the people whose tables he'd tossed? Where were these people making their profits?


So I would be justified in going in to these churches in America that are absolutely raking in the $$$ and smashing the place up? That's justified according to you?


Originally posted by saint4God
What did he destroy?


That's right, pick out the least important part of what is being said to avoid answering the real question. I like how you always do that (avoid the real questions) and only answer what you want to answer and come back with witty useless comments such as 'what did he destroy' or 'how many lives did he create'.



posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
shaunybaby, you forgot to mention the time that god told the people to enslave and rape the women in the town that they had committed genocide.



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
shaunybaby, you forgot to mention the time that god told the people to enslave and rape the women in the town that they had committed genocide.


Good to see you again madness, long time no see
. I see, so you're saying that the people who invaded and conquered Israel first were okay to rape and commit genocide, but not okay when the Hebrews did so out of vengence ordered by God? Old law eye for an eye. Good thing we don't live under that rule anymore as there is a new covenant. Of course the eye for an eye will seem strange these days. Question WHY we no longer do these things.

By the way, this thread isn't about the "Absolute Power of Ancient Hebrews", it's the absolute power of CHRISTianity.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
shaunybaby, you forgot to mention the time that god told the people to enslave and rape the women in the town that they had committed genocide.


Good to see you again madness, long time no see
. I see, so you're saying that the people who invaded and conquered Israel first were okay to rape and commit genocide, but not okay when the Hebrews did so out of vengence ordered by God? Old law eye for an eye. Good thing we don't live under that rule anymore as there is a new covenant. Of course the eye for an eye will seem strange these days. Question WHY we no longer do these things.

By the way, this thread isn't about the "Absolute Power of Ancient Hebrews", it's the absolute power of CHRISTianity.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by saint4God]


well, christianity is merely a progression of ancient hebrew tradition

and eye for an eye is a philosophy coming from...
ancient babylon
the code of hammurabi

now, there is a difference between rape and genocide and religiously ordained rape and murder

when a diety is telling people to murder and rape, it gets infinitely scarier because they believe what they are doing is for the ultimate good in the universe

since christianity holds that god in unchanging, it is the same diety that told people to rape and murder
with specific instructions on how to enslave

scary that people will still believe in this diety



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, christianity is merely a progression of ancient hebrew tradition


An interesting trivialization.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
and eye for an eye is a philosophy coming from...
ancient babylon
the code of hammurabi


Can you not see that God gave the invading Babylonians a taste of their own medicine?


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
now, there is a difference between rape and genocide and religiously ordained rape and murder


Oh yeah?


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
when a diety is telling people to murder and rape, it gets infinitely scarier because they believe what they are doing is for the ultimate good in the universe


How is that different than the ultimate good for the nation of _______ (



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
You're saying your judgement, punishment and righteousness is greater than God's?


since the rest of your post was pretty much stuff that we'll have to agree to disagree on
except for the point on nationalism, which i agree with, fascist nationalism is just as bad as extremist religion as justification, i'm just going to comment on this quote

it's interesting, since i'm an atheist, i do not believe in God
so i guess i'd have to group said diety with fictional characters
then, that will make my answer, yes
i believe that my judgement, punishment, and righteousness is greater than god's, because i have to be accountable

my anything > the same thing coming from a fictional character, because i exist



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i believe that my judgement, punishment, and righteousness is greater than god's, because i have to be accountable


Being that you believe God is fictional, I'll pray that this statement is taken as a misunderstanding and not an intent of self-justification/self-worship/self-righteousness. If there is no God, then no harm done, right? But if there is...


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
my anything > the same thing coming from a fictional character, because i exist


For now.



posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i believe that my judgement, punishment, and righteousness is greater than god's, because i have to be accountable


Being that you believe God is fictional, I'll pray that this statement is taken as a misunderstanding and not an intent of self-justification/self-worship/self-righteousness. If there is no God, then no harm done, right? But if there is...


i did point out my ACCOUNTABILITY

that means that i still have to be a decent human being, for the sake of being a decent human being

just because i don't believe in an omnipotent being handing down a code of morality, doesn't mean i don't lead a moral life



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i did point out my ACCOUNTABILITY


Which is what worries me. Us humans like to bank on our "good" outweighing our bad...which is a problem, candidly.


Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
that means that i still have to be a decent human being, for the sake of being a decent human being

just because i don't believe in an omnipotent being handing down a code of morality, doesn't mean i don't lead a moral life


I'm not suggesting that you don't do good things. I'm saying the good things that you and I do are not enough.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'm not suggesting that you don't do good things. I'm saying the good things that you and I do are not enough.


Not enough for what?

How many good things does one have to do in order for it to be considered 'enough'?



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'm not suggesting that you don't do good things. I'm saying the good things that you and I do are not enough.


Looks to me like an admission that you are a poor representative or teacher of this "path".



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Not enough for what?


To be accepted into the presence of perfect God.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
How many good things does one have to do in order for it to be considered 'enough'?


"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..." - Romans 3:22-24

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

I could not state it any clearer or better.



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Looks to me like an admission that you are a poor representative or teacher of this "path".


Indeed I am a terrible teacher compared to Christ. Want to know the teacher? This poor representative can help.



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..." - Romans 3:22-24


So no matter what good we do, we still fall short. Hence, what is the point in doing any good whatsoever, if all we do is fall short?


Originally posted by saint4God
Indeed I am a terrible teacher compared to Christ. Want to know the teacher? This poor representative can help.


Is this your own compulsion or in general a Christian compulsion to belittle oneself, and to make oneself feel inferior to a greater being, in this case God/Jesus?



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Looks to me like an admission that you are a poor representative or teacher of this "path".


Indeed I am a terrible teacher compared to Christ. Want to know the teacher? This poor representative may be able to help. Am I necessary? Absolutely not. But, I am here and willing should anyone have difficulties on their own.

It looks to me like you've gone from seeking to cynism. And yet, still have not returned my U2U...

[edit on 9-11-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
stop listening to Saint4God, he is so far removed from reality his ideals are entangible..

Don't try to do good for GOD .. do it for yourself...
God can only work THROUGH you, .. not FOR you..
and he definately doesn't judge you.. He gave you a mind and heart to judge for yourself.
Search your memory for the answers... All your life experiences are lessons and teachings specifically for you.. don't listen to anyone elses lessons unless your stumped on your own ..
atleast Saint4God has the fake it till you make it attitude.. but its stopping him from learning or listening to the living God..
I'm sorry Saint4God.. I just can't sit by while you pervert peoples minds casting them further from understanding.. its irrevelant to bicker over our differences or our personal problems with eachother..
This had to be done, .. its been too long that you've been able to confuse people and anger them...

People don't respond to your U2U because its false hope.. hearing your version of the stories and how it makes sense in your life.. its not going to be the same for everyone else.. as you said your version falls short of the truth, because the truth has such power as to immediately transform a person..
You will never be a teacher like Christ until you stop trying and just BE.
Intent ... and Saint4God your intent IMO is always argumentative.. not clarifying or understanding or accepting..
explain to people in their own way how God interacts with them... not how God interacts with you..

Christianity has no power... only the people that follow it have power... FOLLOW it.. not speak about it.



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
So no matter what good we do, we still fall short. Hence, what is the point in doing any good whatsoever, if all we do is fall short?


A GREAT QUESTION! It's all about motivation. Many times in life people do things to gain something, to get a reward. At work, it's "Good job saint4God" here's a paycheck. Or in college it was "good job saint4God" here's an A+. We're so used to a meritocracy that it's a hard thing to grapple. It wasn't much different in Jesus' time here on earth...which is why he had to explain the concept many times in many ways.

So if it's not what we do, then how are we saved? Fortunately the answer is already here:

"The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved..." - Acts 16:29-31

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Why then would a person already saved do good deeds? The book of James puts it best, but essentially it's out of gratitude for that gift already received, the love of God therefore wanting to do good, and the desire to spread that love to others as well. It's a whole new nature, a perspective that's refeshing to see others benefit.


Originally posted by shaunybaby
Is this your own compulsion or in general a Christian compulsion to belittle oneself, and to make oneself feel inferior to a greater being, in this case God/Jesus?


I tend to think I'm good to go on self-esteem. But, to say "I am tall!" standing next to the Eiffel Tower is a little ridiculous, comparatively speaking.


[edit on 9-11-2006 by saint4God]



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
stop listening to Saint4God, he is so far removed from reality his ideals are entangible..


That's not very nice. I don't tell people to not listen to you. Please allow them to make up their own minds.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Don't try to do good for GOD .. do it for yourself...


I don't do that anymore. Been there, done that, fell flat.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
God can only work THROUGH you, .. not FOR you..


So you're saying your god has limitations? What kind of god is he then?


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
and he definately doesn't judge you.. He gave you a mind and heart to judge for yourself.
Search your memory for the answers... All your life experiences are lessons and teachings specifically for you.. don't listen to anyone elses lessons unless your stumped on your own ..


Then that would go for you too and no-one should listen to you.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
atleast Saint4God has the fake it till you make it attitude..


What does this mean?


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
but its stopping him from learning or listening to the living God..


I see, and you have the authority to judge me...how?


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I'm sorry Saint4God..


No you're not, else you would not have posted this.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I just can't sit by while you pervert peoples minds


BEHOLD! My massive mind-controlling powers to take over the world.



Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
casting them further from understanding.. its irrevelant to bicker over our differences or our personal problems with eachother..
This had to be done, .. its been too long that you've been able to confuse people and anger them...


Am I the one who causes confusion and anger?


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
People don't respond to your U2U because its false hope..


I have testimony that says otherwise.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
hearing your version of the stories and how it makes sense in your life.. its not going to be the same for everyone else.. as you said your version falls short of the truth, because the truth has such power as to immediately transform a person..
You will never be a teacher like Christ until you stop trying and just BE.


I know both the Truth and that I will never be a teacher like Christ.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Intent ... and Saint4God your intent IMO is always argumentative.. not clarifying or understanding or accepting..


I see. Please read your own post.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
explain to people in their own way how God interacts with them... not how God interacts with you..


Hence the U2U's...but you wouldn't know about that as we have never communicated with each other this way.


Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Christianity has no power... only the people that follow it have power... FOLLOW it.. not speak about it.


People that follow it do not have power, God does. God is the absolute power of Christianity.



posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Prote
Looks to me like an admission that you are a poor representative or teacher of this "path".


It looks to me like you've gone from seeking to cynism. And yet, still have not returned my U2U...

Shaunybaby pulled you up on deflective writing, avoiding answering the questions, rhetoric for answers. He will agree that he and I have never spoken in any way, yet I found it highly amusing because we had seen statements like this before.

Someone else has pulled you up recently for the exact same thing haven't they, completely independant of other members posts. What does God tell you about that kind of coincidence?

I still seek saint, I just realise that you have little to offer. My cynicism is not to the subject but to those who are unable to tackle an issue head on. I cannot hold a conversation this way. I told you that. Then another member goes and posts the exact same thing and you skim right over it, ignore it and carry on. Unbelievable.




top topics



 
7
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

log in

join