It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 at Wisconsin children's hospital being tested for COVID after MD is positive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I work in a Children's hospital and this is the nightmare we have feared for sometime.

Based on the description I think he was a clinic MD (hopefully). This dovetails with an earlier COVID-19 thread I posted about an NIH study that reported that many of the fatal Wuhan infections were nosocomial that is acquired IN the hospital.

The other issue is that as we run low on supplies we will have to move to second tier isolation protocols which means more staff infected thus giving to their patients and other staff.

Two hundred hospital workers and patients at a children’s hospital in Wauwatosa, Wis., are being tested for the novel coronavirus after a doctor there recently tested positive, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Wednesday.

According to the paper, the doctor from the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, had contracted the virus after taking a recent trip out of state. As a result, the hospital has reportedly begun testing on 200 people, a bulk of which are hospital staff.

Andy Brodzeller, spokesperson for the hospital, told The Hill that the doctor had tested positive for the virus on Monday and has since been “quarantined at home with mild symptoms and is recovering.” He said doctor had been on the Milwaukee campus from March 9-15. thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It is lucky they caught this before more patients were infected. I doubt if many of the healthcare workers will test positive, unless this doctor was really social and told everyone about where he was and what he did while gone. It seems strange that that doctor only treated like ten kids.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Only 10 were admitted from those he say many more were sent home etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well that’s freakin’ awesome!!
The doctor (probably) had no idea he/she was positive, the article doesn’t say when the travel out of state occurred.
Loved the part where the father immediately speaks to the lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
God bless America...sigh. This testing thing is a GD clusterfluke! I just don't understand it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: rickymouse

Only 10 were admitted from those he say many more were sent home etc.

Ok, so there may be many more kids to test then. Oh wow, kids with a clean bill of health can go visit Grandma and grandpa.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They aren't reporting it here, but I have been told 4 er docs have tested positive in the last day or so.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That is alarming and what will be the status quo
in the near future.
We have a pediatrician friend, and her whole
office is walking on eggshells with the seasons
snot nosed kids all being a potential positive.
Needless to say, when the Dr.s and Health
Care providers become infected it causes the
whole system to break down. A chain reaction.

Please do your best to avoid infection.
Have Faith. This too shall pass.
Thank you for helping others.
Blessings to you.
S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Andy Brodzeller,

how did he land that gig
lmfao

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
God bless America...sigh. This testing thing is a GD clusterfluke! I just don't understand it.

Greed and incompetence. I'm ashamed of how poorly we've done compared to a couple other countries.

top topics

join