It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone keeping a diary or journal (specifically because of Covid)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not really a journal but a vlog shot with my phone and sent to the cloud almost immediately . Sometime I vlog about things I read on ATS and after I'm gone it will be available to anyone that wants to see it. There are many others like me recording their world and saving it in the cloud so future generations can watch what was going on.
edit on 18-3-2020 by olaru12 because: semi colon time....

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I saw disco.

Are you trying to invoke the apocalypse? Because using that word is how you invoke an apocalypse.

Damn it, now I am actually afraid.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I saw disco.

Hey we're just all tryin' to stay alive, right?

Damn. You.

Damn You to Covid isolation hell.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It’s odd, but always figured that I would only journal write in a long term situation, and that mindset goes back to the mid 80’s when the idea of the Cold War ending was a pipe dream. What’s more odd is that I learned basic book binding and can readily make my own journals...paper as well. Lampblack and alcohol is a decent ink. You can further stabilize it with dissolved powdered gum Arabic in water. Or when SHTF use egg white glair, which is to hyper whip egg whites to a consistency of whipped cream and let it sit over night. It will still be a peaked foam in the morning sitting on looks like a yellow “water” Which is glair, your binding agent. You can actually mix glair with most any powdered pigment as a paint....including straight lampblack for black. But glair with lampblack and alcohol (vodka is easiest to make) is a strong permanent India ink.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That's fascinating. I've bough a few homemade journals using homemade paper, but have never tried binding my own before. The idea of making your own ink is equally awesome, and something I have never even considered.

Usually, when I write poetry long hand, I prefer my fountain pen and acid-free paper, but for a journal I usually used a lined notebook. The only thing I dislike about the fountain ink cartridges I used is they are not permanent: water causes the ink to bleed.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Another alternative is poke berries that you can carefully gather in the fall and store in a container that you will not use for anything else ever again. This is a crush and paint with the juice idea. It will stain anything a bright to dark magenta probably even dirt or sand. It is also toxic so no taste testing...

Yes it is the same poke weed that people make poke salad out of. Yes multiple changes of water of very young and tender shoots is supposed to be safe. But as I say, anything that is toxic without specific complex preparation methods can taste like Filet Mignon...I am not interested.

But as kids we called them “blood berries” and ruined some shirts

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I remember there used to be Poke plants all over the place around here when I was a kid. I rarely see them much anymore.

And I was always too afraid to make poke salad.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What with everything going on in the country, locally and nationally, this definitely seemed a good idea.

With the shelter-in-place orders, the closure of entrances to stores and have one designated entrance, one designated exit, the limiting of the number of people in the stores themselves, lines of people waiting to get inside, the one-out, one-in rule being enforced by stores, and now, traffic lanes within Walmart itself, this is getting crazy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join