It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WORLD Needs To Sue CHINA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

originally posted by: Hefficide

You do realize that diseases are natural. Acts of God. Right?

Chernobyl is not even a remote analog. World of difference between "We made a crap reactor and didn't take things seriously" and "A disease first appeared in nation X".

Just out of curiosity, if a pandemic were to start in New Mexico or Arizona, both places with known zoonotics, would you be saying the same?

Heff, I usually see eye to eye with you. Been here a long time.

This was no act of God. This was negligence and humans toying with diseases that would otherwise not cause the pandemic we're seeing now. We do it too, sure. But if someone at the CDC had an infected animal bite them, they wouldn't be sent home to self-quarantine. In another thread, I posted this:

Scientists at South China University of Technology in Guangzhou believe the lab could be a possible origin of the deadly pandemic.

The facility is located 300 yards from the infamous Wuhan food market where the Chinese government claimed the outbreak – which has killed over 1,500 people - started in December.

Written by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao, the research journal claimed WCDC “hosted animals in laboratories for research purposes”, including 605 bats captured in nearby provinces.

The paper, titled ‘The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus’, reports that one researcher named only as JH Tian “was once attacked by bats” and that “the blood of bat was on his skin.”

According to the journal, Tian isolated himself for 28 days after the “bats peed on him.”

Where is the protocol for a lab working with deadly diseases? If bats and humans have been around for millenia, why has this never happened before?

The fallout is natural. The spread is natural. The diseases ability to exist is natural. The way this happened does not appear to be natural. Since everything can be considered an Act of God, I suppose you could say that's true, but I think my point is that this happened out of negligence. I want to know why the panic button didn't go off in the same ways it would in any other country. Why of all of the other countries that have these types of labs, have we never seen anything like this?

It just doesn't add up.

~Namaste

Not here to argue because I understand the sentiment.

Number one, if they collected bats, were they already infected and if so stands to reason other bats had it that was flying around peeing on people animals cages and surfaces at the wet market. Wet market origin makes sense because it allowed numerous people to get infected and then they infected more people exponentially. It blossomed to quickly to come from one peed on soldier. At least that's my hope because if it spreads without that hot spot we are going to likely have 8-12 weeks of it growing and blossoming elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm with you TAT, China needs to be held to account for gross, anti-human negligence.

The points listed in the article provided along with many others I have read paint a picture of this whole saga being all too convenient for the Chinese Communist Regime.

However, unless the exact point of origin can be exactly determined it will be hard to enforce any sort of legal action or otherwise. Refusing to repay Chinese debt could be a potentially dangerous exercise - forcing an extreme reaction from China.

Western companies need to be compelled to bring manufacturing back to our shores and to cease dealing with a regime that values nothing except it's own continuity of control.
edit on 1832020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lol who cares about suing people right now. Things are going to get rough. Just worry about you and your family getting through this alive.

a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Just worry about you and your family getting through this alive.

Settle down mate, it's not that dire.

Have you not seen the statistics?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

It is that dire if people keep buying into it being so and making it that dire... Is like a self fulfilling prophecy or something...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The BLAME for the Covid-19 Global Pandemic falls DIRECTLY on the Chinese Government.

-China started it.

-The Chinese government hid it, not only from it's own citizens, but from the rest of the world.

-The Chinese government KNOWINGLY allowed millions of potentially-infected Chinese citizens to travel around the world BEFORE they told the world of the epidemic they could no longer hide.

-The vast amount of economic damage and loss of life suffered by the countries of the world...are the direct result of the Chinese government's attempted coverup.

This is China's Chernobyl x 1000!

After Chernobyl, affected countries sued the Soviet Union for damages resulting from the communist Soviet government's negligence and coverup...and this global pandemic is no different.

Thousands of citizens from countries all over the world are now dead and dying because of China's irresponsible coverup.

China's negligence and secrecy has all but destroyed the economies of the world's nations.

The US, alone, may have to spend TRILLIONS to dig itself out of this mess China caused.

China must be sued in the world courts for it's negligence and it's despicable attempt to hide it's epidemic from the rest of the world...while intentionally allowing it to spread worldwide.

Otherwise...What's to stop a repeat next year with another new Chinese virus and the Chinese government's ensuing attempted coverup?

Wise up,
Who started the H1N1 virus...Mexico..or Baxters?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

We Are in This Crisis Because of the Decisions of the Chinese Government

Chinese laboratories identified a mystery virus as a highly infectious new pathogen by late December last year, but they were ordered to stop tests, destroy samples and suppress the news, a Chinese media outlet has revealed.

A regional health official in Wuhan, centre of the outbreak, demanded the destruction of the lab samples that established the cause of unexplained viral pneumonia on January 1.

China did not acknowledge there was human-to-human transmission until more than three weeks later.

The detailed revelations by Caixin Global, a respected independent publication, provide the clearest evidence yet of the scale of the cover-up in the crucial early weeks when the opportunity was lost to control the outbreak.

www.nationalreview.com...

The Chinese government silenced doctors, scientists and journalists attempting to warn the world about the virus...and for weeks after knowing about the virus...the Chinese government allowed it to be transmitted throughout China and around the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This thread reeks of racism and on the basis of it, I think people should be allowed to sue other people for stupidity, I'd have 20 plus lawsuits out right about now

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Racism? Sure when people talk about suing Asians and not the people that share a land mass.

People are really quick to cry racism over stupid #. Would it be racist if it was Italy or Ireland, or England or the US? What about having a primarily non white citizenry makes China immune to criticism or being targeted for a lawsuit. Besides, we're talking worldwide numbers here, I coulda sworn I heard a bunch of people crying you can't be racist against the majority. Last I checked compared to European descent Asian descent is the majority world wide. In fact I believe over half the world's population can be considered Asian. With East Asian which Chinese are part of being the higher percent of that 50 something percent over West Asian. White and Black are tied roughly world wide.

Of course this all requires believing in race as a real thing and not a made up concept espoused by ignorant sub humans that refuse to give it up.

The only racist here is you, since apparently, unlike everyone else here, you want to make this about race and not countries like everyone else is.

#ing racist nonsense, race this race that, everything is #ing racist, people can't be people having problems with people without comparing bull# physical traits first and making it about that.

This could be labelled as ethnocentric, or nationalistic, but racist this topic most certainly is not.

Not every issue between two people that might have a difference in appearance is racist, besides... last I checked many people of Asian descent are American or from many other non Chinese countries who would also be involved in and benefiting from said lawsuit. So again, how is this topic racist?

So sick of racist being thrown around so often it loses any real meaning.

Actually know what, go ahead and keep it up, the more it gets thrown around for nonsense reasons, the more people wake up, and the more power the term loses. Eventually the racist clinging to racism will lose their power, people will refuse the power of the race card, and we can all start simply being people, which is exactly what we all are, human beings. Different skin tones, eyes shapes, or hair colors don't change that. I may be a red head, but I either have or do not have a soul the same as every other human no matter how much I may joke otherwise. Red hair does not change my humanity any more than any other given physical human trait.

So if we can sue for stupidity can I sue you, since you apparently can't tell the difference between Nationalism and Ethnocentrism vs. Racism?
edit on 3/19/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

This thread reeks of racism

I hate racism too.
Please show me the error of my ways.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is no need to sue China.
Jus stop doing business with them.
Without all their crap, cheap and nasty products built with slave labour, countries can go back to making things for themselves and trading with each other more broadly.
Only a complete moron (i.e. anyone who supports the globablist ideology) could ever have thought that near every damn product you buy needs to have 'Made in China' on it.
edit on 19/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

We Are in This Crisis Because of the Decisions of the Chinese Government

Chinese laboratories identified a mystery virus as a highly infectious new pathogen by late December last year, but they were ordered to stop tests, destroy samples and suppress the news, a Chinese media outlet has revealed.

A regional health official in Wuhan, centre of the outbreak, demanded the destruction of the lab samples that established the cause of unexplained viral pneumonia on January 1.

China did not acknowledge there was human-to-human transmission until more than three weeks later.

The detailed revelations by Caixin Global, a respected independent publication, provide the clearest evidence yet of the scale of the cover-up in the crucial early weeks when the opportunity was lost to control the outbreak.

www.nationalreview.com...

The Chinese government silenced doctors, scientists and journalists attempting to warn the world about the virus...and for weeks after knowing about the virus...the Chinese government allowed it to be transmitted throughout China and around the world.

...and many countries willfully allowed the virus to spread. There can be no other explanation for that other than those countries wanted to virus to grab hold.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Nationalism and Ethnocentrism vs. Racism?

It's all stupid and totally irrelevant to Covid-19, it's not like it's a deliberate act as far as we know, and the nationalist cries against it are a joke (regardless of which country you're from), it's a global problem now.

And this business of saying it's a "Chinese virus", it was first detected in Wuhan, that doesn't mean it originated there, there's another inconvenient truth that gets washed away by MSM crap.

And that's how you make points without waffling for multiple paragraphs

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

This thread reeks of racism

I hate racism too.
Please show me the error of my ways.

Please see above

edit on -180002020-03-19T09:10:33-05:000000003331202033032020Thu, 19 Mar 2020 09:10:33 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Whether it's the true origin of it or not, they detected it, they found it, and they hid it from the rest of the world, that part is deliberate. Until you can prove other countries did the same, their still responsible for willful negligence.

Again though, I don't honestly care. I'm mostly being a nationalistic ass on this point. Personally I find it quite likely more than just China is up to their ears in deception on this issue. Thus why, while an interesting concept, it will go no where. Same reason few elites who commit crimes ever get their due.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

"Chinese" is a Nationality...not a Race.
Watch out for those incoming 'Stupidity' lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think you also have to blame Chinese culture, namely the consumption of wild creatures kept alive (in cruel conditions) until just before they’re cooked. Also, China’s methods for raising livestock like pigs and fowl seems to result in more viral epidemics than any other nation.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I think you also have to blame Chinese culture, namely the consumption of wild creatures kept alive (in cruel conditions) until just before they’re cooked. Also, China’s methods for raising livestock like pigs and fowl seems to result in more viral epidemics than any other nation.

Not calling you out specifically, this here is potentially an example of ethnocentrism. It's specifically putting down an aspect of another culture as inferior to one's own, or wrong. This is not an example of racism.

Also ethnocentrism is not always wrong either. Quite often a people can have a cultural trait that is in fact harmful to themselves and/or others. Cannibalism of the dead, more specifically of the brain in particular, which leads to Kuru is an example of an inferior trait shared by some cultures. Is hard to argue against it being harmful and as such an inferior practice in comparison to cultures that do not partake in such practices. At least in that respect. A positive example of ethnocentrism.

Just want to make sure, since we're all so happy with labels that things get categorized correctly.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The Wikipedia article on the Wuhan Institute of Virology is informative and alarming. This part really caught my eye:

“In 2005, a group including researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology published research into the origin of the SARS coronavirus, finding that China's horseshoe bats are natural reservoirs of SARS-like coronaviruses. Continuing this work over a period of years, researchers from the Institute sampled thousands of horseshoe bats in locations across China, isolating over 300 bat coronavirus sequences.

“In 2015, the Institute published successful research on whether a bat coronavirus could be made to infect HeLa. A team from the Institute engineered a hybrid virus, combining a bat coronavirus with a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and mimic human disease. The hybrid virus was able to infect human cells.”

After reading that, my previous certainty that the virus was transmitted directly from bats to humans who had eaten them was shaken. It’s not hard at all to believe it escaped from the institute, “China's first biosafety level 4 (BSL–4) laboratory” according to the article.

This following also seems pertinent to the current pandemic: “... scientists such as U.S. molecular biologist Richard H. Ebright expressed concern of previous escapes of the SARS virus at Chinese laboratories in Beijing, and the pace and scale of China's plans for expansion into BSL–4 laboratories.”

I wonder how many gullible fools and anti-Americans believe Beijing’s allegations that the US Army released the virus in China? So absurd.

edit on 19-3-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Thus why, while an interesting concept, it will go no where. Same reason few elites who commit crimes ever get their due.

Agreed on that

Whether it's the true origin of it or not, they detected it, they found it, and they hid it from the rest of the world, that part is deliberate.

Possibly, but I have yet to see verifiable information that it's true. One thing is for sure, China did damn well in their containment of the contagion though, whoever is to blame and the circumstances around it, things could've been a hell of a lot worse.

South Korea also seems to have got their act together

"Chinese" is a Nationality...not a Race.
Watch out for those incoming 'Stupidity' lawsuits.

Thanks, based on your premise I shall be on guard

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Not calling you out specifically, this here is potentially an example of ethnocentrism. It's specifically putting down an aspect of another culture as inferior to one's own, or wrong. This is not an example of racism.

Also ethnocentrism is not always wrong either. Quite often a people can have a cultural trait that is in fact harmful to themselves and/or others. Cannibalism of the dead, more specifically of the brain in particular, which leads to Kuru is an example of an inferior trait shared by some cultures. Is hard to argue against it being harmful and as such an inferior practice in comparison to cultures that do not partake in such practices. At least in that respect. A positive example of ethnocentrism.

Just want to make sure, since we're all so happy with labels that things get categorized correctly.
Yes, it’s most definitely ethnocentrism on my part, although I’m well aware of unsafe conditions and cruelty to animals in US livestock operations. Our methods can and should be improved, and so should China’s.

At least American methods don’t result in global pandemics; I’m very ethnocentric in that regard.

And if you’ve ever seen the things Chinese cooks do to animals before and even during consumption, I don’t see how you can defend them.

I can’t even bear to look for imagery on horrors such as cats and dogs being transported or housed for eventual consumption, or the wet market in Wuhan, which is probably little different from thousands if not tens of thousands of other wet markets in China. We even have them in America.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join