It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes COVID-19 worse than Seasona Influenza in one pic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The other question is if the RO number is so much higher, wouldn't we be seeing far more cases than we have already? You'd expect to see hospitals being over run particularly if the hospitalization rate is that high...

we know for fact that this virus just didn't get here last week... so even if you factor in the incubation period, where is the tsunami of dying victims at hospitals?

I know right. Double the RO number, 4x longer incubation time, 10x the hospitalization rate, 10-34x deadly, yet here we are with 29 million cases of the flu this year and only 217,000 Coronavirus cases.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aallanon

While I can understand why people are concerned about the fatality rate, it's a mistake to focus only on that.

I agree with you on this point Phage. The real concern is the hospitalization rate that has the very likely chance to overwhelm our collective ability to treat patients. That the fatalities are merely a subset of that number.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Nah its not FMA. Hospitals report admission rates to the County who then report up the chain. If you go down to our transfer center they have an idea day to day the free beds of most hospital in the area. Thats in case we get full we know where we can divert patients etc. The counties report to the state and the state reports to Federal Agencies

In our COVID age there is no doubt a special flag that collects that data as well

So how does that determine how many have been exposed to the Coronavirus that didn't go to the doctor/hospital?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

The other question is if the RO number is so much higher, wouldn't we be seeing far more cases than we have already? You'd expect to see hospitals being over run particularly if the hospitalization rate is that high...

we know for fact that this virus just didn't get here last week... so even if you factor in the incubation period, where is the tsunami of dying victims at hospitals?

I know right. Double the RO number, 4x longer incubation time, 10x the hospitalization rate, 10-34x deadly, yet here we are with 29 million cases of the flu this year and only 217,000 Coronavirus cases.

Because as the data shows, We in the USA are at the very start of the upward curve. Italy is at the top and China has plateaued.

edit on 3/18/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

When will the USA Hospital rate ramp up? I've been hearing experts predict that coming cataclysm for the past month now... and they always say it's 14 days into the future.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Kinda like all the stuff Q keeps saying is going to happen right? Still waiting on all those sealed indictments.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Exactly. I keep asking people to explain the numbers and the reaction. the numbers MAKE NO SENSE relative to what we are actually seeing occur, much less in context of collapsing our economy and society.

It is like how no one questions global climate change models.... garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The disease won’t but the panic will.

edit on 18-3-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Dude, I'm on your side. My daughter is a Critical Care RN. This is no joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It looks like the hospitalization rate and percent of fatalities, is comparing the US flu against worldwide covid19.

This has been done in pretty much every comparison I've seen and it's driving me nuts. No one wants to address it. Some people even deny it's being done, or simply don't understand what's wrong with doing that. It's misleading.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Who’s numbers are you going to trust? Chinese? Italy’s? Saudi Arabia?

I don’t even trust the numbers I’m getting from the USA

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

I defy you to tell me what the final casualty rate is.
On that Chart

It's not necessary. Even slightly intelligent people can do the math and see that the fatality rate in the United States is very low.

Do the math. www.worldometers.info...

That may be true, but I have begun to wonder. The number of people dyeing in area nursing homes has been increasing rapidly the lat week and a half. There's no testing being done in our area, except for one teen who may have been exposed attending a basketball tournament. Results pending, 5-7 days.
The obituaries page seems to have a lot more people in the 65+ age group dyeing at home. Again, thy're not testing for Covid here.

Maybe there's a connection; maybe not. Without testing it just seems to be a higher- than- normal amount of older people dyeing each week that people here are beginning to wonder about. (Idaho/Washington border.)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Does anyone have a good source for the worldwide death rate for the flu?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I talked to a nurse who left a medical conference Monday, she said Illinois had 11 cases in the hospital at one point and now it is down to seven.

It is just a matter of time before Americans get fed up with the panic-hoax that is being perpetrated on all of us right now... it was started by the mainstream media.

As we have seen in the recent years, 99% of the disasters they predict, never happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

I defy you to tell me what the final casualty rate is.
On that Chart

It's not necessary. Even slightly intelligent people can do the math and see that the fatality rate in the United States is very low.

Do the math. www.worldometers.info...

Earlier today we had someone tell us a $1000 stimulus per person X 300,000,000 people in the United States means the stimulus checks will cost us $25 TRILLION.

So I wouldn't be so certain about letting people do the math.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I talked to a nurse who left a medical conference Monday, she said Illinois had 11 cases in the hospital at one point and now it is down to seven.

It is just a matter of time before Americans get fed up with the panic-hoax that is being perpetrated on all of us right now... it was started by the mainstream media.

As we have seen in the recent years, 99% of the disasters they predict, never happened.

I was behind a nurse today picking up food. She thinks the whole thing is being overblown. Anecdotal, I know.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Exactly. I keep asking people to explain the numbers and the reaction. the numbers MAKE NO SENSE relative to what we are actually seeing occur, much less in context of collapsing our economy and society.

It is like how no one questions global climate change models.... garbage in, garbage out.

You're not allowed to critically think, you must go off what the MSM tell you, even if it makes zero sense.

I've noticed nobody can answer this question:

So how does that determine how many have been exposed to the Coronavirus that didn't go to the doctor/hospital?

Yet somehow the MSM can put a number on it as the OP pointed out it has a 19% hospitalization rate. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aallanon

While I can understand why people are concerned about the fatality rate, it's a mistake to focus only on that.

I do agree. Hearing about how organs are effected/diminished due to the infection. Fatality at this time is not the worry factor. The side effect of being affected and future implications are far scarier.

I think that is what is what they are downplaying as much as possible.

Edit add: My concern is that my family already suffered through this virus in December. My husband had contact with Chinese VPs via work then came down with the worse flu he ever suffered from. My daughters, grandsons and even I had caught a bug with various effects. I suffered the least, but my cough and chest congestion have continued. No fever for me, lots of sweats and chills, but being pre-menopausal has been my excuse. I have suffered from shingles in the past, so I know how painful that nerve pain is...my body aches have not been that extreme. Seeing X-ray pics of glass fibers in lungs is a concern. My grandson and pregnant daughter have never been so asthmatic as they have recently after that bout in December. I have had to assist $$$ with their purchasing additional inhalers.
edit on 3 18 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 18 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

When will the USA Hospital rate ramp up? I've been hearing experts predict that coming cataclysm for the past month now... and they always say it's 14 days into the future.

That changes since we (as a country) keep instituting more restrictions, slowly, so that keeps pushing it out, which is good. The idea is to delay the rise of the curve and try to flatten it out while we try getting a viable treatment rushed through the FDA. If the timing is right, then we can reduce the fatality rate and hospitalization rate and not over burden the system.

It's a delicate balance, that is being actively tweaked not only nationwide but in the hot-spot areas be more restrictive to again slow it down.

We cannot stop the spread. However, we can slow it down, delay it, and attempt to reduce the dire impact upon people.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

If you go to Italy and ask around, I bet almost everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who is in the hospital, or has died from the virus.

In America you would have to ask a whole lot of people before finding someone who knows someone who knows someone who is hospitalized, or who has died from Coronavirus.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join