It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Chernobyl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure if it's been posted but I searched the threads and didn't find anything.

And on 18 January the Wuhan authorities allowed a massive community banquet to take place, involving more than 40,000 families. The aim was to set a record for the most dishes served at an event. Two days later, China finally confirmed that human-to-human transmission was indeed taking place.

Most remarkable of all perhaps, the following day, Wuhan held a Lunar New Year dance performance, attended by senior officials from across the surrounding province of Hubei. A state media report of the event, since hurriedly deleted but captured here, says the performers, some with runny noses and feeling unwell, "overcame the fear of pneumonia... winning praise from the leaders".

By the time the national authorities had woken up to the impending disaster, and closed the city down on 23 January, it was too late - the epidemic was out of control. Before Wuhan's transport links were cut, an estimated five million people had left the city for the Lunar New Year break, travelling across China and the world.

Some have begun calling the disaster "China's Chernobyl".

Source

What's worse is this story was buried. Maybe other people have read it or heard it, but today was the first I've stumbled on it. It explains why all of the major cities are the most infected, the ones with major airports all over the world. The outer cities and towns are WAY less impacted.

This makes me pretty angry. China is culpable for everything happening right now. Regardless of how the virus originated, there should have been some erring on the side of caution before allowing 40,000 families to gather and then let 5 million people travel abroad. By January, they were well aware that it was a problem. That just leads me to believe the entire thing was intentional.

You don't think Chinese officials know the numbers of how many people travel for Chinese New Year? They weren't aware that there was a gathering of 40,000 families at the epicenter of the virus? There is no f##king way they are that stupid or misinformed. So the question I would have next, is WHY? That's what I think is eating at people. Most of us on ATS know that this looks less and less like some type of accident, and it isn't nature that conjured this up for humans, nature provided the tools for humans to do this to themselves.

Either way, I'm witnessing the world on full melt down, and it's affecting the lives of everyone I know, and it's China's (ruling elites') fault.

~Namaste

ETA: I might also be a little annoyed that I can't find any TP and I don't live in an infected city!
edit on 18-3-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne
sarc
could you be anymore xenophobic or racist?
/sarc

thanks for the info
i have no doubt diane finestein wants this buried

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

China is culpable for everything happening right now. Regardless of how the virus originated, there should have been some erring on the side of caution

While the leaders of Wuhan did not seem to be cognizant of the impending explosion of the virus we need look no further for the same ineptitude than any of the press conferences of our national leaders. Have you seen any of the press conferences that Pence has held? While people are being told to ''socially distance'' themselves and to keep a proper distance between them, the stage with Pence and other ''pandemic leaders'' have been crowded shoulder to shoulder with little if any distance between them. This is true of many of the Trump press conferences as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Right now, China is in full on damage control mode. They aren't going to own up to anything but that it has to be America's fault.

ETA: I might also be a little annoyed that I can't find any TP and I don't live in an infected city!

I wonder if bidet sales have gone up lately?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's the "Kung Flu" virus. It will always be known as this and Chinese in origin. No way around it. It likely won't be the last either. Their culture is filthy and environmentally toxic. Westerns who go there are told to not eat out in town for this specific reason. They eat dogs, extract cooking oil from street gutters. Nothing good is ever going to blossum from it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

China is culpable for everything happening right now. Regardless of how the virus originated, there should have been some erring on the side of caution

While the leaders of Wuhan did not seem to be cognizant of the impending explosion of the virus we need look no further for the same ineptitude than any of the press conferences of our national leaders. Have you seen any of the press conferences that Pence has held? While people are being told to ''socially distance'' themselves and to keep a proper distance between them, the stage with Pence and other ''pandemic leaders'' have been crowded shoulder to shoulder with little if any distance between them. This is true of many of the Trump press conferences as well.

Seriously? This isn't a political thread, take that to the Mud Pit.

Off topic... They are being tested and checked constantly. This thread isn't about our politics.

On topic... It's about how China allowed people to gather knowing there was a deadly virus at the center of the city where they threw a banquet and then let 5 million people hit the airports and roads on holiday. Most crimes have to prove intent. That's the purpose of the thread is to speculate on the intent and the culpability. Not to compare to our current leaders or political system. I don't envy any one of the people standing up there, and I have a degree of confidence that they are doing the best they can with the information they have, and I could care less what party line they tow, I care that they do what's best for me and the rest of the country in the present moment.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

we need look no further for the same ineptitude than any of the press conferences of our national leaders

ok
enough is enough
do said press conferences involve 40 k people?
do said press conferences involve 5 million people?

allowing 40,000 families to gather and then let 5 million people travel abroad

you addition is simply a poorly veiled insult based on a very ridiculous comparison

but keep up the trump hatred

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Some Chinese dude ate a bat...and caused an epidemic in China.

The Chinese government tried to cover it up, not only to it's own citizens, but the rest of the world for 1-2 months.

China allowed millions of infected citizens to unknowingly spread the virus around the world.

BLAME for the Chinese Virus...goes to the Chinese Government.

Countries around the world should sue the Chinese Government for their losses...both financial and personal.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I remember reading that in the early days of the official start of things, doesn't surprise me it is being suppressed or that China is playing the great white satan card.

It is mildly surprising how many people are believing them.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

You need something like this. You can even rig up your own with a sink sprayer or shower hose.

Home Depot - Toilet Sprayer

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

You need something like this. You can even rig up your own with a sink sprayer or shower hose.

Home Depot - Toilet Sprayer

I'm good with that, I have showers in both bathrooms if it comes to that. It's just crazy that I'm even looking at that option.

When I called the store, they said that they have plenty of supply coming in, it's just gone as soon as they stock the shelves. They told me to come first thing in the morning before they open the doors and I should be able to get the things I need like TP, milk, bread, eggs, basic stuff.

I live in a place where even though it's a fairly big city, I don't have family or many friends close by, they are all several hours driving distance so it's all a bit unnerving. I've tried on 4 separate occasions to get basic things and no luck yet.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

China's newest theory is the US brought it over in October during the Military Games.

This means China is committed to saying they have been spreading this since at least the beginning of November.

As we saw with Chernobyl countries will deny until the facts can't be denied any longer.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Will your store not do a delivery to home and then they load your order as soon as the shipment comes in? Or one of those curb side pick up orders?

I haven't even attempted to try to shop for anything in last 2 weeks but I can understand how stressful this is for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I do believe China is done. They won't survive this once the rest of the world's economies get back up and running.

We have learned they can't be trusted and we can't have all our manufacturing in one country who behaves this way. And since China depends on the rest of the world for their entire economy they have doomed themselves with this virus.

They didn't help themselves either when they threatened to halt medication shipments to the US.

China Threatens to Halt Medication

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Some Chinese dude ate a bat...and caused an epidemic in China.

I read this recently:

Scientists at South China University of Technology in Guangzhou believe the lab could be a possible origin of the deadly pandemic.

The facility is located 300 yards from the infamous Wuhan food market where the Chinese government claimed the outbreak – which has killed over 1,500 people - started in December.

Written by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao, the research journal claimed WCDC “hosted animals in laboratories for research purposes”, including 605 bats captured in nearby provinces.

The paper, titled ‘The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus’, reports that one researcher named only as JH Tian “was once attacked by bats” and that “the blood of bat was on his skin.”

According to the journal, Tian isolated himself for 28 days after the “bats peed on him.”

As well as the Wuhan food market, the lab is also located near the Union hospital where a group of doctors were the among the first to become infected.

The paper states: "… the Chinese horseshoe bats were natural reservoirs for the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) which caused the SARS outbreak in 2003."

Earlier this month, the first scientific evidence revealed that the virus DID come from bats and is a version of SARS - a pandemic in 2002-2003 which killed 774 people.

Two new scientific studies, published today in the journal Nature, have together provided the first formal evidence on the deadly new illness.

Their findings confirm that the Wuhan coronavirus is a type of SARS - but one that can spread more easily.

Source

Let's say 1% of the infected die. And let's argue that 50% of the population gets it. That's roughly 37 million people that will die from this. If the mortality rate is 5%, which it is right now, that's over 185 million people that will die. You can play with the numbers, but clearly, not getting this under control quickly is going to be devastating.

China is responsible. There has to be consequences for this type of irresponsibility and the impact to the rest of the world. It would be a different story if it stayed in China like SARS mostly did. This is basically SARS but as contagious or more than the flu.

Time will tell, but this demonstrates how unprepared we are for these large scale events. If this were a more severe or deadly disease, an attack, an asteroid, whatever, it shows how most countries are not able to support the masses.

The bright side / glass half full... it gives us the opportunity to find the weak spots and prop them up. There will be more ventilators and masks kept on hand in the reserves. There will be drug manufacturing coming back domestically. There will be processes in place for fast track research and funding. There will be a way to see if the economy can be braced.

Time will tell...

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Will your store not do a delivery to home and then they load your order as soon as the shipment comes in? Or one of those curb side pick up orders?

I haven't even attempted to try to shop for anything in last 2 weeks but I can understand how stressful this is for you.

They can't guarantee items for in-store pickup, because it's first come first serve. The Instacart people won't wait around, if it's not there, they don't get it. I have to go to the store myself, and while there is an extremely low infection rate here, there was a few people in the neighboring county so I'm waiting to see if any cases pop up first and using up what I have sparingly.

I'm not mad at Chinese people, and would never suggest that to anyone either... but I am really pissed at China, the leaders. I will now and perhaps for the rest of my life, go out of my way to avoid anything that is Chinese made unless there is no other option and I can't go without it. I know that's a lot of things, and I'm ok with that... they are officially boycotted for the direct effect on my life and the lives of people I care about until they pay some type of retribution for this.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Help me understand here. I thought your thread was about incompetence. Incompetence. You pointed out cases of incompetence in China and I pointed out cases of incompetence in Washington. Yes or no. You say that there was culpability in Wuhan and I say there was culpability in Washington. You claim that the leaders in Wuhan knew about it and did nothing. I claim that the leaders in Washington knew about it and the precautions that are needed and IGNORED THEM right there in front of a national audience.

Or is it just that you are here to bash China. If so it is you who has made this a political discussion, not me. Otherwise a thread about incompetence and culpability needs to look at a larger picture than just pointing the finger in one direction.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Bummer. Hopefully everyone got their fill this week and with the new shipment things will have settled down.

They sometimes sell TP in DIY stores or at least some blue shop paper towels are soft.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

We are being told that social distancing and keeping a reasonable distance between ourselves is a best defense against this virus. Yes or no. All any of us has about what happened in China is second hand information. Possibly reliable, and certainly worth considering. But those several stages filled with American ''official'' ignoring that ''separation'' criteria is a demonstration of incompetence and failure to demonstrate the policies they are pushing.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How is what the Chinese government did...ANY different than a person that knows they are positive for HIV, not telling their partners and intentionally spreading HIV to as many people as possible?

The Chinese government tried to cover up it's epidemic...and thus, intentionally spread it to other countries as a result of that coverup.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join