It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump didn't lie, he held some things back to keep people safe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Trump is working for the greater good for America

Thats bad? What Merkel doing??????

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: gortex
Did you not?

If you read what I posted and not what you think I posted you will see I did not.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He can implement policy, which he has and it's been fantastic for the markets . Funny, I didn;t see you give him any credit for the booming us economy these last 3 years.

Fantastic for the markets ?

U.S. stocks plunged again Wednesday, after triggering circuit-breakers that temporarily halted trading, as investors dashed for cash as governments announced a plethora of plans to limit the economic blow of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell another 10% and has now erased all of its gains since President Donald Trump’s inauguration on January 2017. The benchmark S&P 500 index fell below its level last seen during the December 2018 slump.
www.marketwatch.com... =home-page

Mainly though, your continued use of every ill under the sun to bash your political enemies is quite pathetic.
Give it a rest, FFS.

When the Emperor has no clothes I reserve the right to point and shout "The Emperor has no clothes" regardless of where that Emperor is located.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I think the reference was to when the market was doing well.

I not sure what government policy had to do with that, however.

Cutting the interest rate sure didn't do much though, so, so much for that plan.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Got it.

Trump can do no wrong and even when things don't go right excuses will be made.

I bet you'd be on here calling him irresponsible for causing panic in the masses.

Those odds would beat any house in Vegas.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It was handouts to all those euros who couldnt/wouldnt play nice together.

Whereas the US just wants to play with itself, literally.

....borders anybody?????

Ha ha.
All the member states of the EU scrambling like hell to clampdown and lock their borders up after all those years of moralising and preaching about open borders and free movement.....irony indeed.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Does anyone really think Bozo Biden or Bullsh*t Bernie would do any better.

That is not even a question because the answer is NO.

Probably not..so what.

Trump said some dangerous sh#t, like, it's no big deal, all the fuss surrounding it is a hoax, people are getting sick, and going to work, tad amount to saying its ok to do that..very irresponsible.
Otherwise, I doubt anyone else would of took the big steps needed.

You're not very smart. The public is not smart, either. Had trump came out and told you # was about to hit the fan people would've died by trampling in the stores. How do I know this?
I work in public, i see first hand what panic does. Had they not eased us into it all those god loving Christians would've came out of the woodwork with #ing shotguns and shot you over butt paper. The murder rate would've went through the #ing roof.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and clearly do not work with large crowds.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Does anyone really think Bozo Biden or Bullsh*t Bernie would do any better.

That is not even a question because the answer is NO.

Probably not..so what.

Trump said some dangerous sh#t, like, it's no big deal, all the fuss surrounding it is a hoax, people are getting sick, and going to work, tad amount to saying its ok to do that..very irresponsible.
Otherwise, I doubt anyone else would of took the big steps needed.

You're not very smart. The public is not smart, either. Had trump came out and told you # was about to hit the fan people would've died by trampling in the stores. How do I know this?
I work in public, i see first hand what panic does. Had they not eased us into it all those god loving Christians would've came out of the woodwork with #ing shotguns and shot you over butt paper. The murder rate would've went through the #ing roof.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and clearly do not work with large crowds.

Saying people were probably going to work infected and ..meh. Sorry, not the right thing to say..that is the big one to me.

You are welcome to your own opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Fair enough
Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

At such times, it's more important that the words of our leaders should inspire and encourage calm, rationality and preparedness; not ignite the fires of paranoia and panic.

I agree. However, action speaks louder than words.

Those manic voices who are still venomously attacking our president in an effort to convince us all that his words and decisions will lead only to death and destruction will make our situation worse, and ultimately cause more sickness and death.

You know what else made the situation worse within the U.S at this present time...?

A: Trump's PAST actions and decisions

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

Why did HIS administration do that...? What were the reasons given at the time for doing so...?

Battles in our streets for food and supplies, with a wave of injuries and deaths to go along with it?

So, because Trump took the approach he did, this won't happen within the good ol' USA anymore? Cool! It's good to know All is well over there.

For the record: Trump does take a lot of unnecessary heat. And other times, it is well deserved.

I wish you, your loved ones, and everybody else on this site good health during these present times.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

Why did HIS administration do that...? What were the reasons given at the time for doing so...?

Are you sure about that or is that what you've been conditioned to think?

Could the below be true?

Media, Democrats Ran With False Claim Trump ‘Disbanded’ Pandemic Office

The official who once ran the White House pandemic program dismissed a false Democratic talking point that Trump eliminated the pandemic-response team and criticized reporters for parroting the claim in news stories.

"No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there," wrote former National Security Council adviser Tim Morrison for the Washington Post on Monday.

"It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, ‘dissolved the office' at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness," Morrison wrote. "Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious."

As part of an effort to slim down the historically bloated National Security Council, the directorate of global health and biodefense was merged with two other positions—not eliminated—according to Morrison.

"If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled," he wrote.

freebeacon.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

1. No, I'm not sure about that.

2. No. I'm not conditioned[ to think that he did. I'm not conditioned to think he didn't do it either.

I have, with good reason, been SELF conditioned to view All POTUS as being POS human beings. Excluding JFK, of course. In saying that: I really don't understand American political cult like attitudes. Choosing sides nonsense. Both Republicans and democrats are lost, imo. Anyway...

Could the below be true?

It can very well be true. Might be a false narrative as well. Just like my initial post pointing it out could be false narrative... or true. I will entertain it based on the fact Trump often gets a unfair shake from media.

The official who once ran the White House pandemic program dismissed a false Democratic talking point that Trump eliminated the pandemic-response team and criticized reporters for parroting the claim in news stories.

"No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there," wrote former National Security Council adviser Tim Morrison for the Washington Post on Monday.

"It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, ‘dissolved the office' at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness," Morrison wrote. "Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious."

[As part of an effort to slim down the historically bloated National Security Council, the directorate of global health and biodefense was merged with two other positions—not eliminated—according to Morrison.

"If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled," he wrote.

1. WHERE (within current administration) is this NEWLY merged health and biodefense team right now? I want to read up on this *stronger* combined directorate. I googled it and can't find any source leading me to it. Should of been easy to find in these Cofefe19 times.

2. WHAT exactly are the "TWO other positions" it was MERGED with..?

Freebeacon.com vs Snopes. com (both equally talented at twisting narratives).

It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

Yet, the buck stops at the President in either case.

So, one narrative is stating it was "merged" and the other narrative stating it was "dissolved".

If merged, the program and it's members will show up on some official US GOV site from as way back as May/2018...right?

Thanks for the info. I will get back to you if I find out your narrative is more cemented in truth. And provide you with sources.

Cheers and good health to you.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Could the below be true?

Media, Democrats Ran With False Claim Trump ‘Disbanded’ Pandemic Office

As part of an effort to slim down the historically bloated National Security Council, the directorate of global health and biodefense was merged with two other positions—not eliminated—according to Morrison.

freebeacon.com...

Obviously he's been brainwashed... like most far left liberals.

edit on 18-3-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Maybe this will clear it up. Is appears that Bolton did the restructuring and reassigning of the GHSB under the NSC umbrella. He restructured a few departments (listed below) under the NSC into one single directorate, which Morrison assumed with all of the GHSB responsibilities and title as director. Zeimer resigned, he was not fired.

The directorate was disbanded when a May 2018 change in organizational structure by John Bolton, Trump's recently appointed head of the National Security Council, resulted in the effective elimination of the office then led by Rear Admiral Tim Zeimer, Sr. Director for Global Health Security and Biothreats. Remaining staff were moved to other NSC departments, prompting Zeimer's resignation, thus completing the elimination of the office.[25][26][27] The responsibilities that formerly belonged to the directorate, along with those of arms control and nonproliferation and of weapons of mass destruction terrorism, were absorbed into a single new directorate, counterproliferation and biodefense, and assigned to Tim Morrison in July 2018 as director. Morrison characterized the consolidation as part of an overall NSC "reduction of force" and called it "specious" to say the office was "dissolved," adding "the bloat that occurred under the previous administration clearly needed a correction," and "That is why Trump began streamlining the NSC staff in 2017."[

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

So, a body dedicated to pandemic response and begun due to the ebola outbreak went away because it was just "bloat?"
Is that what that says?

Yeah, pretty sure it does.

But fortunately the admin seems to be taking it seriously now. I wonder if such a body might show up again. Nah, just bloat.

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, a body dedicated to pandemic response and begun due to the ebola outbreak went away because it was just "bloat?"
Is that what that says?

Yeah, pretty sure it does.

But fortunately the admin seems to be taking it seriously now. I wonder if such a body might show up again. Nah, just bloat.

You need to re-read what happened. The responsibilities of the GHSB were reassigned to Morrison under a single directorate and according to Morrison it made it stronger than it was before. I'm under the impression that one guy resigned the rest of his staff we're moved within the NSC but the response team was never dissolved, just reorganized. I'm not sure what you're confused about? It didn't vanish and stop existing as you're implying.

edit on 19-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

according to Morrison
Yeah. I got that part.

I'm not sure what you're confused about?
Am I?
A body dedicated to pandemic response was absorbed into a larger group. That means there is no longer a body dedicated to pandemic response. That means that those in the body who were dedicated to pandemic response have other responsibilities.

Doesn't it? Of course, it was just "bloat" so it's fine. Better yet, Trump had no part in it. Plausible deniability.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
...and maybe it was way overstaffed to redundancy by Obama, you don't know it wasn't and neither do I. Although, if the last few years have taught me anything, it's that the Dems love sitting around with their thumbs up their butt wasting taxpayers dollars. So very possible that yes, it was "bloated".

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Real good response.

I was hired because my immediate supervisor could not do his job and my job at the same time.

I get paid a salary do to my job. I'm good at my job. I'm efficient at my job. As a result, I spend some time with my "thumb up my butt" (or I go home, either way I get paid). But guess what? My work gets done. The work I'm paid to do.

If I wasn't there, guess what would happen? The work wouldn't get done. Like it wasn't getting done before I was hired.

That is not bloat.

It sounds like Bolton put people in the same position my supervisor was in before I was hired. Only he did it with people who were working for the security of the country. I just work for a general contractor.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

according to Morrison
Yeah. I got that part.

I'm not sure what you're confused about?
Am I?
A body dedicated to pandemic response was absorbed into a larger group. That means there is no longer a body dedicated to pandemic response. That means that those in the body who were dedicated to pandemic response have other responsibilities.

Comprehension much? Dedicated office or not it still existed under the NSC. You keep saying it didn't exist which is wrong. The responsibilities of the response team were assumed by Morrison, they didn't disappear. ...and no, it does not necessarily mean that they have different responsibilities. If needed, I'm sure they could be tapped for the knowledge they have as far as pandemic response.

I'm learning about this as are many of us but the story that WP, CNN, NYT, MSNBC and others are trying to feed everybody is not the truth the way it's being represented. The fact these networks are pushing this story so hard should be a red flag to anyone with a couple of brain cells left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join