It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump didn't lie, he held some things back to keep people safe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It seems that Trump has matured from "this is bad for me" to "this is bad."

I still can't listen to him talk, with his repetitions, superlatives, and innuendos. But there are others who are capable of actually getting the message across.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Trump administration is handling this better than most of the administrations handled this kind of stuff in the past. Oh, that is right, Obama really did not do anything with the swine flu deal, I guess it can't be said that he mishanled it since he barely touched it.

I personally do not like Trump's personality, but remember, I am critical of those who say they are geniuses, I do not like them making us look like nerds. He says he is intelligent, but in reality he is not that smart, if he was he would keep his mouth shut more. But he is good for our country, he is not the typical conceited politician. Not all of the politicians are conceited, but many are. Trump stepped on heads to climb the ladder and he is at the top, so he doesn't have to step on American citizens heads to climb any higher. I wish more politicians had the true interest of the people in this country in mind, maybe it will change for the better, but I highly doubt if most of the congressmen would go against the few corrupt ones that are running congress. Of course, AOC is not included, she is more into stirring up things than working to correct things.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Think of it as the Marshal Plan fof US citizens. You know the Marshal Plan right? It was handouts to all those euros who couldnt/wouldnt play nice together.

Kinda like right now....borders anybody????? The irony is as thick as Rosie Odonnell's ass.

a reply to: ManFromEurope

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Trump didn't hold anything back, He has nothing to hold back, he spews whatever is in his head across the headlines. Your premise is sound if one bases their assessments of our current struggle on the assumption that Trump is of, not only sound mind but, superior intellect and compassion. I get that you likely believe that. But for those of us who do not find any of those qualities in his daily leadership and communication skills, his actions over the last month more clearly display a man who is out of his depth and only pretending that he has a grasp on this.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you want to understand just what an excellent job the USA is doing at defending against the Corona Virus then look at this chart from European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:

Daily cases confirmed (excluding China). America is in orange (fancy that
) and Europe in yellow.

There are those that will listen to a quite ridiculous US main stream media and Democrat BS, but it looks to me like the US is doing pretty well compared to the disaster happening in Europe. I'd suggest the Trump administrations early actions in January to combat the virus are paying dividends.

It may of course be that the worst is yet to come for the US, but I think we can all agree that globalism and open borders are now closed issues and everyone now agrees that tight border security, no refugees and actually manufacturing vital goods in ones own country is the way forward... right?
Maybe if the Democrats and politically motvated judges had not tried to block every move Trump made for the past 3 years to secure the borders of the US, you chaps over there would be even lower on that chart.
edit on 18/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
What a maroon.

Did you just call someone an "escaped slave"? lol

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

If Pres Trump's speeches, answers & announcements in the earliest days of this crisis hadn't been words of confidence, rationality and solidarity, but instead had given us the scary numbers about community spread, already in progress, and possible mortality rates... Well, do any of us believe there wouldn't have been mass panic? Battles in our streets for food and supplies, with a wave of injuries and deaths to go along with it?

Trump spoke from ignorance not in an attempt to allay fears which is why he's reportedly angry with Jared Kushner who told him the virus was just a nothing-burger.

For some leaders a crisis can be a golden opportunity for them to show themselves as a safe pair of hands to steer their country though the crisis , with Trump it just highlights his inadequacy.

Hopefully acting President Pence will save you and us.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If Pres Trump's speeches, answers & announcements in the earliest days of this crisis hadn't been words of confidence, rationality and solidarity, but instead had given us the scary numbers about community spread, already in progress, and possible mortality rates... Well, do any of us believe there wouldn't have been mass panic? Battles in our streets for food and supplies, with a wave of injuries and deaths to go along with it?

Trump spoke from ignorance not in an attempt to allay fears which is why he's reportedly angry with Jared Kushner who told him the virus was just a nothing-burger.

For some leaders a crisis can be a golden opportunity for them to show themselves as a safe pair of hands to steer their country though the crisis , with Trump it just highlights his inadequacy.

Hopefully acting President Pence will save you and us.

You are in the UK, why would you be hoping that President Trump or Vice President Pence will save you?
You sound a bit needy.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You are in the UK, why would you be hoping that President Trump or Vice President Pence will save you?

Because if the American economy goes down the pan our economy goes down the pan , it's not difficult.

You sound a bit needy.

I think we all need a sane White House.
Just seen him describing the medical ships bound for New York , bloody hilarious.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Because if the American economy goes down the pan our economy goes down the pan , it's not difficult.

Not really an "if" anymore. Sort of a given, I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think you're right but we live in hope , forlorn hope granted but any hope is better than no hope.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Just seen him describing the medical ships bound for New York , bloody hilarious.

why is sending our medical ships hilarious?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

why is sending our medical ships hilarious?

Why do you think I said it was ?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Pretending that POTUS is competent with the best interests of the country at heart does not make it become so.

Trump is a charlatan and a poor leader by any standard.

Feeling warm and fuzzy about his skills is delusional thinking.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Did you not?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Which country/ leader would you hold up as a beacon of light for us all to bow down to in awe of their foresight?

I think the Tman took very early steps which seem to have helped mitigate the spread.

You just hate the dude....i get it, but he was given snip for acting early...and given snip now. If you are honest...you dont know jack about stopping a pandemic.....same as al the other world leaders....and internet experts.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Trump administration is handling this better than most of the administrations handled this kind of stuff in the past. Oh, that is right, Obama really did not do anything with the swine flu deal, I guess it can't be said that he mishanled it since he barely touched it.

There has NEVER been anything like this. Take it from someone who lived through the polio epidemic. There's nothing to compare this to. And the BS Trump et al are proffering about Obama and H1N1 is unsupported by the facts:

On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency.

Dr. Richard Besser, then-acting director of the CDC, confirmed to the press on the day of the U.S. declaration that there were 20 cases of H1N1 in the U.S., and that “all of the individuals in this country who have been identified as cases have recovered.”

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
were you cool eith Obamas response to the H1N1 flu epidemic??? Bet u aint old enough to remember that.

Lets compare those stats a year from now.

a reply to: Salander

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Trump is working for the greater good? Here’s an excerpt from Germany today.

"The German paper Welt am Sonntag reports this morning that a Tübingen based firm has developed a vaccine for the coronavirus, but Trump and his government are exercising immense pressure to block its introduction. The reason: they want to insure that they control the vaccine and that it is made available only on a for-profit basis. The German government is outraged by their actions. Among the tools Trump is employing: offering huge financial lures to German scientists working on a potential corona vaccine to America with high financial donations or to secure the drug exclusively for his country. Welt am Sonntag learned the details of these bizarre dealings from German government sources who are monitoring the situation. The US President is said to be offering the company a large amount to secure its work exclusively. Trump is doing everything possible to get a vaccine for the United States. "But only for the USA," says the federal government, under the terms of the deal, the vaccine would be denied to other countries."

Seems like opportunism and disaster capitalism to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: UKTruth

You sound a bit needy.

I think we all need a sane White House.

He can implement policy, which he has and it's been fantastic for the markets . Funny, I didn;t see you give him any credit for the booming us economy these last 3 years. Odd. Now you think the reaction to the Corona Virus is his fault??? Even more odd. As it stands the US govt actions have been excellent - far better than our own or those in Europe.

Mainly though, your continued use of every ill under the sun to bash your political enemies is quite pathetic.
Give it a rest, FFS.

edit on 18/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join