It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocking certain forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi! Is it possible to get a feature to be able to block a certain forum from showing? Like ticking a box in our ‘MyATS’ page, turning the visibility of a forum on or off? I have seen the complaints about the Mudpit, but recently maybe about all the virus going viral on ATS.

Some moments I just don’t feel like reading certain subjects, sometimes I do.

This is no complaint, just something that popped up in my brain.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

The world is fast going to hell in a hand basket, and you want the site owners/operators to take the time to change code to suit you because, you can't scroll past forums you don't like reading without clicking on them?

Am I reading this right?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That facility used to exist but was disabled- presumably in order to speed up some other process. I don't think they're going to reverse now whatever benefit was gained by making that change. Simply allowing the eye to skim over the titles you don't want is a workable solution.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

The world is fast going to hell in a hand basket, and you want the site owners/operators to take the time to change code to suit you because, you can't scroll past forums you don't like reading without clicking on them?

Am I reading this right?

I doubt that the site owners are working on a solution for coronavirus. The world isn't going to hell in a hand basket. There are still things to do in one's job regardless of what it is. The virus isn't an excuse to sit in fear and do nothing productive.

Goedhardt makes a legitimate point and his feature suggestion is a good one.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I havent noticed any significant changes to the site in quite a while, maybe a few tweeks here and there to keep it running, but thats about it.
Its unlikely youll see something like that added just cause.
Your best bet is to scroll past what you dont wish to see, or just browse the particular forum sections that interest you.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
That facility used to exist but was disabled- presumably in order to speed up some other process. I don't think they're going to reverse now whatever benefit was gained by making that change. Simply allowing the eye to skim over the titles you don't want is a workable solution.

It is a good argument not to implement it indeed. But still, I would like it. But if not, I won’t lose sleep over it

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If you look at the top you will note you can click on "forums". From there you can click only on forums of interest to you.

Beyond that, simply do not click on or read topics you don't want to read. Same way you use a remote control to choose what you see on TV.

Question answered, thread closed.

top topics

join