It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are my fellow canadians doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm just outside of Toronto and work residential renovation by day and sling taps at my families bar by night, so that means I'm not doing anything for at least two weeks aside from crossing my fingers that my 72 year old father hasn't caught it from being at the bar.

We're getting ready to hunker down and ride this out in my household. We have a pretty good supply of what we need to last a couple of weeks, and we have a backup plan involving a trailer on a river a couple hours north of us in case everything goes sideways.

Yesterday I reached out to some old friends and we've promised to touch base at least once a day while this is happening, it's very comforting and I would recommend it to anyone.

But I want to know how my fellow canuckle-heads are doing in this new reality.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Its been a pain in the ass.
I only use cash and now some whiny, scared people, are refusing my cash because of cooties.

I offered my elderly neighbors help in that if they need any errands done, I'll do them.

My best friend's birthday is Friday and we usually go camping, if I see him at all this weekend, I'll be lucky.

Other than that, life is normal and I am not letting the panic everyone else has, get to me.

I'm in the nation's capital so its extra weird because it is a politically correct guvmint town, so everyone is extra stupid and offended if you don't comply with the herd.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I randomly read a letter from Gaelen Weston to Loblaws customers, and if you read between the lines, it sounds like we're headed for a lockdown.

People are having issues with pharmacies rationing insulin, which is my greatest concern atm.

I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.

Edit to add: We're still enjoying the outdoors everyday. I hope you dont miss your camping trip. Dog pics for joy.

edit on 18-3-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm in Thunder Bay. Ont.
No actual cases here yet,
but all the symptoms of complete idiocy.
Had to go to 3 different stores just to get the basics.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

A couple hours is not far enough....its got to be a full tank of gas distance away.Criminals do carpool ya know.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
up here near Sudbury we're fine and pretty well doing what we can to stay normal.
With the city pretty much shut down my friends are finding that workloads are severly affected. Most of their customers are cancelling or postponing their service requests and orders. Paranoia is ruling the day.
Same issues with busnisses not accepting cash and restaurants are closing. Since we are all on the road it means that we're relegated to Tims drive through. Argh!
edit on 18-3-2020 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I just read this, this morning.
ottawasun.com...

“We are going to make sure our stores stay up and running to serve your community,” Weston vowed in the letter. “We have the food, drugs, and essential products you need — and that supply will continue even as Canada restricts its borders.” The Loblaw Companies executive said he has been in contact with provincial and federal officials, all of whom agree that food and drug stores are essential services that must be kept operational. “It won’t be business as usual,” he said. “But you will be able to count on us.”

I sure hope they do!!

The people I have talked to usually are saying the same thing, its panic and life goes on.
People are taking precautions, as they should but I haven't met too many people losing their minds over it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Criminals do carpool ya know.

I think Greta Thunberg would endorse this.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Canadian dog to puppies: "When I was your age we didn't have anyting boot snow to eat, and we liked it! We loved it!"

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Poltically, laughing at how stupid this is going to make the Liberal Government going tolook, an that the Conservatives, Ont an Alberta took the first steps, while some liberals online are crying Nazis an tyranny.

Not to mention that there is the possibility that the virus actually did come from a Canadian lab an was stolen by Chinese spies but it could just rumours.

Other then that, steady as she goes.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That's awesome of you to help your neighbors out, I'm sure it makes a huge difference to them!

I haven't seen much panic here, some shelves at the stores are empty, but they seem to be keeping on top of it.

Maybe aim to do a canoe trip in the summer?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You work for loblaws?

My mother manages a Well wise - formerly shoppers home health care.
It's owned by loblaws.

They are complaining because of the lack of information they are getting from head office.
Apparently the district manager has been on vacation for 4 months and is unreachable.

edit on 18-3-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Canadian dog to puppies: "When I was your age we didn't have anyting boot snow to eat, and we liked it! We loved it!"

"A little pine needles mixed in and you knew it was Christmas!"

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

You work for loblaws?

My mother manages a Well wise - formerly shoppers home health care.
It's owned by loblaws.

They are complaining because of the lack of information they are getting from head office.
Apparently the district manager has been on vacation for 4 months and is unreachable.

No, I don't, there was just a letter from the head of the company distributed across their points apps.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Ohhh.
Makes sense.
Provide the public with information before the employees haha.

It’s probably just because the DM is the liaison between the employees and HQ.
Well, mom says she’s keeping it open until told otherwise.
There’s a lot of people that depend on the supplies from there.
It would be doing more damage than good to close those doors.

My work on the other hand....
600 employees everyday in a small remote mining camp.
Tight living conditions, shared spaces.
One bozo comes in with a cold, the entire mine site has it.
But fear not, we will stay open!
I personally don’t care if we close.
I’m on salary so I get paid either way.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We just entered a "public health emergency" state here in Alberta. Nonessential services are closing. Only drivethru and delivery places open.

The hospital is not accepting people for outpatient services. Doctors are using online assessments to decide whether or not you need to come in.

People are becoming panicky idiots since schools closed for the year.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That terrible about the insulin, are you diabetic?!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Fair enough, but it's pretty tricky to get to our spot, so i'm not too worried.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

We went into emergency mode yesterday. My family has bar, we took all of the booze out yesterday so we wont bet broken into when the liquor stores shut down.

This is so messed up!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

That terrible about the insulin, are you diabetic?!

I'm not, but my son is. Luckily, he only uses >6mls of insulin a month right now, but it's a scary thought that anyone who needed it wouldn't be able to get it, or would only be able to get a day or two worth of insulin at a time. ☹

new topics

top topics

join