It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in their 30s intubated from CV19 in SFO - true?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Some 80.9 percent of infections are classified as mild, 13.8 percent as severe and only 4.7 percent as critical.

The highest fatality rate is for people aged 80 and older, at 14.8 percent.

The study finds that patients with cardiovascular disease are most likely to die of complications from the novel coronavirus, followed by patients with diabetes, chronic respiratory disease and hypertension.

There were no deaths among children aged up to 9, despite at least two cases of newborn babies infected through their mothers.

Up to age 39, the death rate remains low at 0.2 percent.

The fatality rate increases gradually with age. For people in their 40s it is 0.4 percent, in their 50s it is 1.3 percent, in their 60s it is 3.6 percent and their 70s it is 8.0 percent.

The first paragraph talks about severity breakdown, but everything after that starts talking your risk of dying. They don't breakdown how the severity rate is spread out. There is no reason to assume only those who are older get severe disease or may be more or less likely to get it more severely just because they are more likely to die.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

I read in the news yesterday where France said over 50% of the people in their ICU's were under the age of 60.

Iran said that 15% of their deaths so far are people under 40.

I don't think China was honest with the news they put out to the world.

I would like to know if both strains are here in the US or just one. Iran is dealing with the more aggressive strain. That came out before this country went crazy that Iran had a different strain then China had. They thought it mutated in Iran. A while later China announces that their are two strains of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
it's looking more and more likely that use of anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen increase the chances of younger people developing acute symptoms tho i don't think it's been proven yet, there's just mounting evidence.

as for the rest, at this stage it genuinely seems like chance. the older you are the more likely it is to be worse, but that doesn't mean younger people are immune! the way this whole thing has messed with people's risk assessment and reading/critical thinking skills is truly fascinating.

I heard that from a nurse today, stick to Tylenol.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: napayshni57

A lot of micro biologists and virologists are saying that it was a 'lie' from China when they said only elders and ppl with underlying conditions got sick from the virus. It is the group that gets sick faster and dies faster, but they say that the truth is that everyone can become critically ill, no matter the age group or health history.
Over here, about 50% is age under 50.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Young people are getting extremely sick from coronavirus, according to new evidence

Despite initial data from China that showed elderly people and those with other health conditions were most vulnerable, young people—from twenty-somethings to those in their early forties—are falling seriously ill. Many require intensive care, according to reports from Italy and France. The risk is particularly dire for those with ailments that haven’t yet been diagnosed.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thoughtful responses here all - thanks for that. I knew if I took what I “heard” here I’d get some voices of reason/confirm my suspicions about my OP.

Beyond that though, it’s becoming more evident that this virus really doesn’t discriminate based on age - everyone is susceptible. No good - not that it was good before but if we could say with confidence the majority of people will be fine we can keep essential services open/staffed/etc.

What I can also say anecdotally is the more information that comes out, the more I hear of people 40 and under becoming very concerned about this. This is particularly true for those who are under 40, single and live on their own. They realize if they get very sick no one can really help them or take care of them who isn’t a medical professional - and they’ll be socially isolated for a long time.

I’ve heard more than one of them say they are very concerned about the above. I have two co-workers in that bucket. They’re also worried about the fact they chose to live in an urban center - not out in the burbs like us - so they are concerned about population density. They also don’t have room in their apartments to really “prep” for this kind of thing. Since we do, I’ve extended offers to multiple people that if they don’t want to shelter in place alone they can stay with us since they’re healthy at this point.

Kind of a can’t win situation at this point for many people. Rough.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Many people with autoimmune disorders don't know it for 5 to 10 years.

I first had symptoms of sarcoidosis 5 years before i was DXed by doctors from the VA staffed by UCLA found it.

My first symptoms was small fiber neuropathy first DXed as fibromyalgia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join