It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife went to get tested for CV19 - what happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am on my second bout with some kind of virus that I have never experienced before. I first got sick back in January, around the time that there were only a few cases in the US. I was just in, Arizona, California and Vegas on vacation with my family. My two daughters got sick on the car ride home and eventually I did as well. The kids just coughed a lot at night, but didn't seem to be too bothered by it in the day. When I got home, I noticed that I was getting a sore throat, but it was in an odd location. The soreness was in my throat where my sinus dumps in. It was odd and I have never had experience it before. I then started getting winded sitting on the couch watching TV. After all that, I started to feel a strange sensation in my head and extremities, like any time I moved my arms or legs I got either winded or felt like I was on a boat.

I decided to go in and get checked as I was in 3 states that had confirmed cases of the new virus. When I got to the ER, the nurses, doctors and staff didn't seem to be to bothered that I was sick. In fact, they kinda scoffed at me for taking up their time when I just had an "upper respiratory virus" as they called it. I asked if I should be tested for the Coronavirus and they basically laughed at me and said they couldn't test for it. They then told me to go home and get some rest. Eventually the virus went away and I was able to go back to work.

About 4 weeks later, I started to get swelling in my neck and all the old symptoms came back. I went back in and was tested for the flu and strep throat. Both tests came back negative. I went in again when I started feeling like I was about to faint. They told my my pulse was around 120 BPM, my BP was 165 over 100 something, but my Oxygen was at 97%. They just monitored me until my vitals calmed down. They said that it was anxiety related and that I needed to get some rest. I asked about the test again and the nurse said that it wasn't a big issue, the cornoavirus was laughable and that she was embarrassed for the USA. "This is the USA for crying out loud, it's embarrassing." Then she proceeded to talk about how the media is hyping it up and it's no more than the common cold.

It's odd, part of me want's to keep my sanity and not live in fear, so I try to tune it out, but the conspiracy nut in me thinks something is up. I'm not sure what to do, but I have been sick 2 times now, and both times have knocked me on my butt, not in a way that made me feel like I would die, jut in a way that sucked really bad. Not being able to catch your breath, being fatigued all the time and that strange swimming feeling in my head is very annoying. Also, the cough that just comes and goes. I don't know if I ever had the Cornoavirus, as I was unable to get a test, but if I did it's more annoying than worrisome.

I am now at the end of the virus again and starting to get my energy back, the cough is gone for the most part, but I still feel a little off. I am hoping to get back to work by next Monday. I need to make some bug out cash just in case, and I have seen everything good on Netflix

edit on 18-3-2020 by AIC4ME because: forgot to say how I'm doing now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Even though my doctor thinks we have it, I’m unable to get a test. I’m pretty sure I got it at his office 2 weeks ago.

It started with a strange neurological feeling I can’t quite explain & headache. Next two days 101 fever & exhausted then the dry cough started. The high fever went away but then I experienced the worst sore throat of my life. Daughter & husband catch it on day five. They didn’t experience the sore throat but had low grade fevers, dry cough, & fatigue. Now I know this is crazy but at the height of it, our Yorkie coughed his poor little head off for 3 days. Oddly, I’m the only one who experienced the sore throat and now I’ve got an occasional burning sensation in my lungs & get winded easily. Daughter, 18, hasn’t coughed in 24 hrs. My sore throat is gone but my glands are hard & tender, less cough which has turned productive and the occasional lung discomfort.

I first contacted our Board of Health & was denied a test. Yesterday I called my doctor & he wanted to see us immediately. He did his exam in the parking lot. Told us he thought we had it but he had no access to testing. He assured us it would be mild and all in all, it has been. His parting words were “Good luck & call if you have trouble breathing”.

Indiana has a population of 6.6 million. They’ve done 154 tests.

If you’re curious, go search “sore throat” on Twitter & see just how widespread this truly is.

edit on 3/18/2020 by Whisper67 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It stinks because they are NOT testing people. I have a coworker who came back from Finland, a week later she fell ill with fever and everything. They came with all the hazmats and stuff at work, check her and sent her home. With the instruction to wait if she feels worse then call again. Few days later she felt ok. But she never made it to the statistics as infected and recovered, so I'm sure the statistics would look very different if they would actually test people.

The general recommendation is if you don't feel well to stay home and wait.
But they halt the whole country based on incomplete numbers and statistics. And not only one country.

WTF is going on?
edit on 18-3-2020 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat

WTF is going on?

It's almost as if they don't want everyone tested because the mortality rate would drop and they wouldn't be able to cause this mass panic with the media. Heaven forbid there is toilet paper on the shelves

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

All I can say related to this - in NYC we had to wait a long while till federal gov't ok'ed several local facilities to do our own Cv19 testing. Up until then there was only limited testing by sending to the CDC and that took a while. Perhaps you are in a region with limited testing. If she was not in critical condition, maybe they figured its best to leave beds available for those in a critical condition. Whatever the case the result have been the same - to send her home for self-quarantine.
edit on 18-3-2020 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Same experience with my daughter last week. Luckily, she's fine now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Worry can sometimes cause shortness of breath.
It happened to me once a few years ago. had myself convinced that I couldn't breath. X-rays and tests came back neg for any lung issues.

So I talked with a counselor and worked some of my worries out. Suddenly my breathing was normal again.
edit on 18-3-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AIC4ME

originally posted by: WhiteHat

WTF is going on?

It's almost as if they don't want everyone tested because the mortality rate would drop and they wouldn't be able to cause this mass panic with the media. Heaven forbid there is toilet paper on the shelves

Bingo! There is no testing being done in our area, even though it appears it has been here for at least three weeks.
As soon as Inslee announced schools would be closed, panic set in and the stores were wall to wall with shoppers, sharing the virus.
People are being told they have the flu, and to self quarantine. Nobody is staying home.

I'm scheduled to have surgery tomorrow to remove an infected mesh implant. I'm pretty conflicted about that; is a low-grade infection worth chancing the virus? I guess I'll find out if I don't chicken out by morning.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

While that might work it’s coming at a significant cost. We live in the most advanced and prosperous county on Earth and are lucky to have phenomenal medical care

Only for those that can afford it though.
The rest will get sick and have to deal with it on their own.

I think a big push for universal healthcare is coming after this.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

WTF is going on?

You'll have to ask the governors and the potus.

They claim the tests are being done.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When asked about wealthy or well-connected people having greater access to testing, POTUS simply replied, "You'd have to ask them, that's the way the world works sometimes..."

I'm sorry your wife went through this, I hope she gets better.

I hope the process gets better.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sounds like there is a lot they're not telling us. What if this is related to blood type? They check your blood type and know that you have a 90% chance for recovery so they send you home.
edit on 18-3-2020 by TamtammyMacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They probably are using all the tests they are given on the hospital staff and government workers, not many for the general public. They definitely did charge the insurance company for the visit, they probably get more money for the Er if it is through insurance or pay direct than through the government reimbursement....so no cov test.

Your wife will need to go in at least three times to finally get tested for the virus, a great cash cow is hard to find.

In my experience, there's no way they're using them on the hospital staff. My guess is because there's no plan in place for how to keep the hospitals open if staff start testing positive (especially if it's true that many younger/healthy people may be asymptomatic).
edit on 18-3-2020 by Weagle because: forgot to quote

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
WHERE in WA?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
WHERE in WA?

Southwest Washington
edit on 18-3-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Update:

First and most importantly - thank you to all the members who sent well wishes to my wife. Sincerely appreciated all.

Also - thanks to everyone else who shared their story - it’s both comforting and concerning all at the same time that others have gone down a similar path. I hope you’re all well now and have or are moving past your ordeals.

So after the fun at the hospital my wife slept in the next day and spent the first half of the day resting. It was a beautiful early spring day here so she took the kiddos on a walk while I was still at work. She said she had been feeling better, it was too nice outside and she wanted to get some fresh air - never mind the kiddos going ape from being stuck inside thanks to the schools being closed. All in - seems like a pretty reasonable - though perhaps a little ambitious endeavor given how she was feeling. But, my wife’s one strong willed woman - and a sunny day she will not waste. So...

Off on the walk they go. She texts me while out there and says she feels like she’s 90. Out of breath from just walking DOWN the hill. Crazy. We play golf whenever we can and walk, play some tennis at the club down the street regularly and chase our kids around. Walking DOWN the hill should NOT create any breathing issues.

In stubborn fashion she finishes the walk, gets home and has to lay on the couch for an hour while she catches her breath and tries to relax. From a 2 mile walk that has only moderate terrain change.

She’s had all the illnesses we’ve all had - the flu, bronchitis, colds, strep, etc. and she said she’s never felt this way - and we’re both from the PNW where the winter crud is a thing.

Today she slept way in for her and no has no fever, started taking Mucinex (we don’t take really any pharmaceuticals so this took her a minute to use) and said “it’s a game changer” once she was awake. I find that odd though because her cough hasn’t been productive, no wheezing, no green gunk - just a cough.

So as it stands I can say Mucinex made a big difference but it doesn’t make sense why - it’s an expectorant. She also rested a lot - as she should - and drank a lot of fluids. She said she feels halfway human today but then ran out of gas - but better than yesterday.

Super bizarre to me. Won’t test for covid but she can’t want two miles when she leads an otherwise active lifestyle.

Not out of the woods yet for her and I and the family remain fine - exhibiting no symptoms of anything at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Do you have any olive trees nearby? Olive leaf tea is an amazing strong antibiotic. Start feeding her curry with a lot of turmeric in it. Use fresh turmeric tubers. Oregano is great too. lots of it, or even better, oregano oil. Vitamin D3 mixed with K2.
She will be ok

Good advice, but don't forget Selenium and lots of high quality Zinc.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Super bizarre to me. Won’t test for covid but she can’t want two miles when she leads an otherwise active lifestyle.

Not out of the woods yet for her and I and the family remain fine - exhibiting no symptoms of anything at all.

She has the main/primary symptoms of this thing. If I were you - or her - I'd go back to the ER, and simply refuse to leave until they tested me. We need to stop being sheep (no offense intended or directed toward you or your wife).

Hopefully, this kind of nonsense will go away once more test kits are available.

I'd also be concerned with the possibility that she may have some underlying conditions she is unaware of. Heart disease/problems is highest on the list. Lots of people have serious coronary problems that don't even know it - until they drop dead of a heart attack. I'd seriously suggest looking into this asap.

Best wishes to you and yours!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Is it possible they're only testing the worst and oldest cases to up the mortality rate? Seems a whole bunch of mostly healthy people are being turned away from testing, but older and/or fragile people are constantly being tested.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

They subsequently performed a chest x ray and said she’s basically clear but looks like she might have some sort of infection. Again, no rest for covid. 

That probably is the test, it infects the lungs, from what I've heard it is likely any damage from the virus is visible in x-ray.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join