It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife went to get tested for CV19 - what happened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
My wife wasn’t feeling well for several days and then had shortness of breath - which is highly unusual for her. Low grade fever. Mild cough. She’s in her early 30s, no pre-existing conditions that should tilt her towards the virus, non-smoker, occasional drinker, doesn’t do drugs and spends a fair amount of time outside/is generally active - we have two little kids so hard not to be active.

She called urgent care and they declined to see her - said go to ER. Ok.

Went to ER. She went on her own as to not expose me or our children to something if someone there was infect. I felt bad about her going it alone but it made sense for the family. She works in the medical field so this wasn’t such a big deal for her to be at the hospital.

So she gets there - one line to go one - everyone gets through intake on one path. Standing 4 feet apart.

She goes in and explains her symptoms. Send her to waiting room. She wants 2.5 hours and finally gets seen.

Doctor comes in fully kitted out in a ventilator - multi-later gloves - the whole thing. Asks her some questions and then says they WILL NOT TEST HER for CV19.

While she’s there - she entirely isolated, couldnt use the restroom and no one would go in her room unless they needed to take a reading or had to swab/draw blood. Tested her for the common flu and she was negative. Meanwhile, her oxygen utilization was down and she has a heart rate of +100 while laying there. No, she was not anxious. She works very close to this ER at the medical center.

They subsequently performed a chest x ray and said she’s basically clear but looks like she might have some sort of infection. Again, no rest for covid.

Sent her home a short while later saying to isolate and rest. That’s it. And the Dr. delivered that message fully suited and FROM THE DOOR and wouldn’t go in the room. Weird...

That was yesterday. Wife is still having some labored breathing and now also has a sore throat.

So... for being “fine” and “with a cold” are the suits necessary? Won’t go in the room? Won’t test?

I had a coworker go in to get tested today who is a fitness nut and she’s running a fever and had material shortness of breath. That was in WA state. They said they wouldn’t test her because she’s NOT A PUBLIC OFFICIAL! Straight up. She’s not a member of government so they won’t test her.

All of this bothers me. There’s more to this CV19 then we’re being told - based on personal accounts.

I do think both of them will be fine - and my wife went only after she checked her O2 levels, BP, heart rate and temp (we have equipment for all of that) and - even though we’ve traveled in the last month to areas domestically that are considered to be “infected” - NO TESTS!

This all just seems a little fishy to me...

Anyway - sharing my account with you all as just another story amongst many.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Scary story, I hope your wife is ok. Worrying, I am scared crap less of getting sick right now. Me and my wife, she works at a doctors office.. if I am worrying about anything it’s getting sick, and me getting pissed off with this kinda bullcrap in this story.. I have a temper.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The real pandemic is panic. Panic Panic Panic.

I don't know, at this point it's just such a mess.

Like you said, you(and I) assume the two mentioned will be fine.

If not for the corona scare I wonder if either of them would have even gone, or just laid low, self treated and recovered.

What's the point of all this? Is it intentional panic, is it states/facilities/companies trying to "outdo" one another for a massive amount of government funds that will come spilling down from the mountain into politicians and executives pockets.

Is it an effort to exert or project the "power" that the institutions have(gov, media, corps) over the pleebs by making them stay home and be subjected to severe movement control(6 hour business windows for necessities)?

I can say it's an absolute # show.
edit on 17-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

As quickly as we are being told this disease spreads, I think if the real numbers were in the mortality rate would look similar to the common flu.

We can’t have everyone believing this isn’t serious when we want to quarantine the world.

Maybe I will prove to be wrong. But I am on the something smells fishy boat with you.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Does anyone know on how why NBA Players are able to get tested and results right away? I just saw Keven Durant tested positive?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I’m sorry that happened. It makes feeling unwell right now when all this is going on, even more stressful. Even if only because you don’t know whether you (she) can possibly be infecting others more at risk. The same story almost happened to a friend of mine here in North Georgia. She had a friend return from China not feeling well at the end of Jan. That friend got better but my friend got sick and still is... same symptoms as your wife. Now her husband is sick too. They’ve tried to get tested 3 different times and told no. Last doctor told them they “probably had it” but didn’t meet testing guidelines (huh???) and yet, still asked them to quarantine their family for 14 days. Too strange.

link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I am not panicking but I am not going to get refused treatment let me tell ya..

The wrath of a wounded dying god, will be coming their way.. I am not the only one either...

link   
They probably are using all the tests they are given on the hospital staff and government workers, not many for the general public. They definitely did charge the insurance company for the visit, they probably get more money for the Er if it is through insurance or pay direct than through the government reimbursement....so no cov test.

Your wife will need to go in at least three times to finally get tested for the virus, a great cash cow is hard to find.
edit on 17-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

(post by ZapBrannigan3030 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Do you have any olive trees nearby? Olive leaf tea is an amazing strong antibiotic. Start feeding her curry with a lot of turmeric in it. Use fresh turmeric tubers. Oregano is great too. lots of it, or even better, oregano oil. Vitamin D3 mixed with K2.
She will be ok

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: usaman1983
Does anyone know on how why NBA Players are able to get tested and results right away? I just saw Keven Durant tested positive?

Money. Elitism.

If you have money you are apparently worth more to the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: usaman1983

It's obvious isn't it?

They can test quickly when they want to. They just haven't been. This is squarely on the shoulders of the CDC and FDA who've been bottlenecking this whole process, but if we knew, we'd be less scared by things.

Sure. We do need to slow the spread because there are enough serious cases that medical systems can be overwhelmed. Italy, Wuhan, and Iran are sure proof of that, but for most of us, this is a nasty illness ... if that, and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I went to get tested as I’ve had shortness of breath for awhile. 3 nights now I’ve been unable to fall asleep because can’t catch my breath and now actively have to think about it. F’in scary stuff. Anyway. No fever (99.1), but coughing at night, and shortness of breath and now something strangely feeling neurological. Anyway 2/3 ain’t bad but no test. Just 150 tests for my town of 60k give or take (not sure if it was just that clinic or the whole of the healthcare system here). So I wasn’t “sick enough” on their scale either. Got a “3”, didn’t ask out of what.

EKG was fine, X-ray got a hit but they called back to say
I was fine. No test. Not sure how I feel. Not even sure if I feel better about the call that my ray was “fine”.

But thank you for sharing your wive’s experience, even as odd and unnerving it sounds. Hope she is feeling better!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Scary story, I hope your wife is ok. Worrying, I am scared crap less of getting sick right now. Me and my wife, she works at a doctors office.. if I am worrying about anything it’s getting sick, and me getting pissed off with this kinda bullcrap in this story.. I have a temper.

I appreciate your concerns.

I do think she’ll be fine. But when you have an otherwise healthy person show up exhibiting those symptoms and do nothing? Odd. And thus she’s also not counted in the “mild case” category.

Stinks to high heaven IMO.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yep keep us informed, if she does not get better I would take her back up there and get a little high power with them..

This is serious it’s our lives, there is some spookiness with being sick right now..
edit on 17-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I’m sorry that happened. It makes feeling unwell right now when all this is going on, even more stressful. Even if only because you don’t know whether you (she) can possibly be infecting others more at risk. The same story almost happened to a friend of mine here in North Georgia. She had a friend return from China not feeling well at the end of Jan. That friend got better but my friend got sick and still is... same symptoms as your wife. Now her husband is sick too. They’ve tried to get tested 3 different times and told no. Last doctor told them they “probably had it” but didn’t meet testing guidelines (huh???) and yet, still asked them to quarantine their family for 14 days. Too strange.

Exactly and I hope your friend is ok!

I’m not of the mind this illness would be fatal to her or I or my kids if she had CV19. My 7 year old has been prone to some lung infections when she was really little. 9 year old is healthy as a horse - literally won’t hardly eat candy! All of us are active and eat generally well. We’re fortunate to have excellent medical care and we do all preventative tests - I do annual physicals, etc. We’re not models of health on a magazine cover but the docs say we’re good.

I just don’t want to go to work if I know I’ve been exposed. If I have to shelter in place I’ll feel fine after a day or two and take the rest of the week off while the world’s closed having a few vodka sodas and annoying you yahoos on here

BUT - I don’t want to pass it to someone who has a more challenging condition. I also need to know if she/my kids/etc. have been exposed so one of us impact others.

I think that’s the point of the 14 day lock down. You don’t test the public and scare the sh!t out of them... you just lock everyone down - force them to spend two weeks healing - cases drop off - weather gets warmer - put it behind us.

While that might work it’s coming at a significant cost. We live in the most advanced and prosperous county on Earth and are lucky to have phenomenal medical care - and my wife even works in the medical field, has for over a decade, and was recommended BY HER EMPLOYER THAT IS A MEDICAL PRACTICE to get tested and yet nothing.

It’s not much solace but at least if any of us are communicating this I can put my head on the pillow saying we tried to check that box.

That said, the Mrs. is doing a fair amount of couching it right now until she feels better. So she is not a threat to society in current state. Once she’s healthy that’s a whole ‘nother conversation

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Yep keep us informed, if she does not get better I would take her back up there and get a little high power with them..

This is serious it’s our lives, there is some spookiness with being sick right now..

Will do.

I feel like others need to hear what really happened. Not some MSM filtered BS.

If developments arise I’ll certainly report.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This 'philanthropist' in Louisville was tested because she had an upset tummy.

Not even on the list of criteria for testing...but then she did recently mingle with 'officials' at an art museum:

Christy Brown Tests Positive for Coronavirus

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Had she recently got a flu shot. Or any other vaccines, Allergy Shots?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm located in North Central Illinois. Been wanting to get out of this filthy hell hole of a state for years. At the end of this Month, we were finally set to burn the tires off our vehicle moving to Tennessee, but... yeah.

What your wife is experiencing - the symptoms and sensations - describes PERFECTLY what I am experiencing, and have been for the last 5 or 6 days.

Approx a week ago, had light sinus pressure and a runny/stuffy nose. That was gone in 36hrs.

Then 4 days ago, I got that dry, scratchy feeling in my throat. Turned into a sore throat, and by bedtime, a mild, semi-productive cough. Noon the next day, I felt a bit chilly and checked my temp. A low fever, just under 100°. It hung around the rest of the day, but never got any higher than that. I drank some water and crashed out early. Woke up the next morning (3 days ago) with no fever whatsoever. Still had that cough, but it was getting better. Was good to go all day... I just wrote it off as a case of horrible timing, although I've been careful to avoid any possibility of exposure for at least 2 weeks. (When I say careful, I can guaran-gdamn-tee that I didn't touch any surfaces in public, or touch my face, or even breathe the same air as anyone outside of my family and our home. Not in the last 2 weeks, didn't happen.)

Same deal that next day, Sunday, March 15th, 2 days ago. Felt fine.

Then yesterday (March 16th) I felt ok all day. In the evening around 7pm, I was watching a movie with my wife & kid before putting her to bed. Very suddenly I felt the fever return, but this time it came on stronger and more quickly, no mistaking that feeling. But it wasn't accompanied by any nausea, cramping, or physical pain (when facing something like stomach flu or food poisoning, these other symptoms tend to roll in on that first wave, along with the fever). I snuck away and grabbed our thermometer - yep, 101.5°F.
The rest of last night, my temp kinda bounced around between 99.3 and a high of 101.7. But even when I was reading at the highest, I didn't shiver or get those characteristic chills as I expected. You probably know the feeling, like you're standing wet and naked outdoors in a winter wind. That's what I've always experienced with fever in the past... and I mean ALWAYS. But not yesterday. #ing weird.
However, from that evening, I HAVE been feeling odd. I was having a rough time explaining it to my wife, or even describing it myself. (And as you've probably guessed by this ridiculous essay, finding the right mix of adjectives and descriptors has never been a problem for me.) I bundled up under the covers, and with a bit of difficulty, went to sleep.

Woke this morning feeling almost 100%. No fever, a good appetite, plenty of energy. I felt relieved. Then about 7pm, the fever returned once again, fluctuating between 99 and 101°F. Maybe a little short of breath I suppose. But there are two things that I can't shake:

1. I find the exact parallels between your/your wife's description of her symptoms and my own to be more than just coincidence. And I'm 2/3 of the way across the North American continent.

2. Member SlateSteam describes the slightly dizzy, cloudy-headed, not-quite-myself feeling he's had like this: "...something strangely feeling neurological". This perfectly sums up how my own brain has felt for the last 48hrs... That is to say, decidedly unfamiliar to me. This is deeply troubling, especially considering what we've read about this novel virus's willingness to cross the blood-brain barrier and set up shop in the CNS.

Doctors commenting on a lung infection, but refusing to test for the presence of NCoV-19, and sending her on her way with a "You'll be fine." All that while refusing to even enter the room. And I've heard interviews with several doctors who were very quick to treat any alarmism with disdain. But once the same docs were seeing it firsthand, many said they've never seen anything like it. Many of them say "The rate of complications is unbelievable." Those words keep echoing in my head...

It doesn't add up, friends. Not one f#ing bit.

Personally, I think this is a bioweapon. There are just too many strange facts and news stories, and too many loose threads for it to be a wholly natural virus that resulted from a random mutation in a Chinese market.

OR... as a person of logic and science, I must concede the possibility that my symptoms could be a regular old flu. Or all this unprecedented societal insanity could be causing the psychosomatic manifestation of CoViD-19 symptoms.

But I highly doubt it.

Hug the ones who mean the most to you, tell them how important they are to you and how much you care.

There's no telling what tomorrow could bring.

Stay safe friends. God speed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join