It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What About the Next One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
After having seen people overreact so strongly to the coronavirus -- which by all accounts and statistics seems to be a mild- to moderate-level threat compared to other various flus and colds that happen each year around this time -- it kind of makes me wonder what's going to happen the next time a significant virus hits. Something that actually does spread fast and hard and kills a much higher percentage of people exposed to it.

Will people think that someone is crying wolf and ignore the warnings even harder? Will the foolish panic even sooner, stripping the stores of toilet paper at the first mention of it in the news? Will it become "oh, well, another one," with people simply reverting to their now-taught habitual behavior of isolation?

I wonder. About a lot of things. For instance, how does coronavirus compare statistically to infections and deaths by other non-coronavirus flu strains that are certainly happening at the same time? Where are those numbers? After all, each year a LOT of people die from "ordinary" flu and pneumonia. Are people going to start panicking over those now, when we used to just practice basic sanitation to keep them at bay?

FWIW, since this is a Predictions thread I tossed an online three-card Tarot and the Knight of Cups came up for the "future." So... someone with a cure, or an answer? Pretty positive, really. The second card was the Nine of Wands (the "present'), so at this point I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
edit on 17-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
now wait there....that violates the rules of explanation.....may I respectfully explain....

I'm not sure it's a pathogen. we are missing one bit of info on this virus...idk what...but something is missing

what if 5G can activate a nano iron particle nestled on a gene site. Military Electromagnetism.....ya hit the nano iron and it gives of energy 90 degrees off.

something doesn't add up.

edit on 17-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

OR...or...perhaps leprechauns have formed an interdimensional music group and someone is playing out of key, causing an illness which strikes some people with severe illness if they happen to cross over one of the sound waves while playing certain mobile games!

Makes at least as much sense!

OP, I'm hoping that people learn to stay prepared, and that humanity learns to severely punish any nation who fails to contain viruses they're playing within labs. I don't believe we should treat this as if China purposefully unleashed this upon the world, but even negligent/accidental biological warfare, if that's what this is determined to be, should be treated severely.

All economic loss, loss of life, suffering and collateral effects should be charged to China tenfold for their negligence. This won't be the civilization destroyer, but if your containment of viruses in research labs is successful 99.99999999% of the time, you have NO business modifying viruses.

We can't do this more than once every hundred years. If this is going to start happening every few years, nobody will workhourly or commissioned jobs anymore unless the pay scale goes through the roof.

new topics

join