It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

My Post Transplant Center sent out absolute crap advice today, totally ignoring the fact that this virus remains viable in the air for three hours and AS IF you could maintain social distancing anywhere in the medical facility. I am convinced that they don't care if its patients live or die. I have multiple instances to support this conclusion. They are going to have a lot of transplant recipient deaths on their hands because of the crap advice they are giving out and their attitude of "Meh. Whatever happens to you, happens." It has gone SO downhill in the last 5 - 10 years.

I won't be seeking a third transplant if I should live long enough to need one. I can't get to another transplant center and, at this point, I wouldn't trust them to remove a hangnail, let alone do another transplant. They nearly killed me with the last one, so no. It will be dialysis or hospice.

I might get dropped from their patient roster anyway. I called to tell them their advice sucked swampwater and ended the call by telling them that I hope they enjoyed the deaths. I am So. Angry.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. I am the same way with The Witcher series. I see everywhere how awesome it is, and I always end up feeling like a total failure because I just can't make myself hit that magic moment you describe with it. I just can't make myself want to "be" Geralt enough to get immersed enough to learn it and play.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone is interested in combat breathing, a technique to get control of emotions.

Breathe in for four seconds.
Hold air in your lungs for four seconds.
Exhale for four seconds.
Hold your breath, lungs emptied, for four seconds.

This article makes like it's just a SEAL thing, but it isn't. My husband learned it in the AF.

getpocket.com...

edit on 31-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join