It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Day? He's an amateur!

I woke up this morning after having gone to sleep around 10 or 11 PM, feeling refreshed and ready to go... Until I glanced at my clock and saw 1:30 AM on it.

My body has forgotten how to night at this point.

edit on 3/27/20 by Hefficide because: Typo

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

This week has been pretty solid just because we've set a routine that imposes some structure on the three of us. Last week was Spring Break, so we didn't have that and by the end, we were losing it.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I just read where some people in California were calling the
police because they heard their neighbor's coughing.I wonder
if people will start calling 911 if I leave my house or sneeze.
This is getting really crazy and will further panic and hysteria.

Before all this Covid-19 stuff you used to have to cough to hide a fart. Now you have to fart to hide a cough.

ps, Don't squeeze too hard either. If you cough and # yourself at the same time it's game over.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ARgh, judging by some of the other threads on ATS I think people are beginning to lose it.

I better stay here where it's safe.

ON another note, my cheap ass bosses wouldn't get me a laptop to work from home but they forward calls to me and I can't do a damn thing for anyone without the industry software that I need to access their accounts.

If I can collect I'm swear I'm done because I've had enough of working for jerks who don't GAF about me and tie my hands at every turn.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My son is 18 and still lives at home with us. He goes to Uni downtown and works as a QA writer. Uni is still on extended spring break and aside from a meeting each morning, his workload is pretty limited at the moment.

He wanted me to tell you that the true multiplayer/twitch juice is Tarkov and that you would probably love Farcry 3.

Personally, I recommend Fallout New Vegas because I love the pause button in my RPGs.

Stay sane!

edit on 27-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Hey, thanks! Tell your son that he's got really good taste in games! I have all but the latest of the Farcry games and have played Tarkov but just don't have the reflexes for it. I do enjoy watching a YouTuber who goes by AquaFPS play it however.

I have the entire Fallout series as well and really enjoy those too - bugs and all.

Oh except for Fallout 76. I pretend that one doesn't exist. I'm giving Bethesda a Mulligan on that one.

I hate to admit it, because it would probably seem morbid... But today I've been playing Plague Inc. It's my way of confronting and facing the anxiety I guess.

Take care!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Playing plague inc. at this time just aint right Heff.

So, I did some yard work yesterday and I feel like I was hit by a truck now.

Boy am I out of shape.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I can't Tarkov to save my life either. I totally get your feeling on 76, but for me, it scratches the wander/explore, strip and recycle everything grind that often soothes my particular brand of mental illness.

I'm sure that says more about me (and Fallout 76) than either I or Todd would appreciate in better times, but alas...

Plague Inc. is something I've been avoiding. Maybe I'll give it a go!
edit on 27-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I've been playing RimWorld and chronicling my progress in a thread on the video game forum.

The first colony I started for it for ended pretty early on. One of my poor slobs went nuts and decided he absolutely had to go hunt elephants with a bow and arrow by himself. He got trampled and the way animal revenge works in the game, all the animals of that type on the board go after you and all your colonists and their stuff.

There were a LOT of elephants, and I did a tribal start. So none of them had anything more advanced them bow and arrows at that point.

They all got trampled to death.

I started a new game, and I started them with a better tech start. They're doing much better.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thought I'd check in while on lunch break and see how ATS is doing. We've been working double time. Since folks here are self isolating, we are providing support such as grocery shopping and delivery, same with medications, Doctor appointments (that haven't been cancelled!), being the liaison for the supports folks in the home and delivering to and from the main office, etc etc etc...I have ramped up my recruiting and hiring trying to help out those that have been laid off or lost hours due to this and hopefully some may decide that they want this for a career choice. With new hires comes more training and keeping the folks still working current...

My BIL who works at a plant run/owned by an Italian company has finally seen some effect of this virus as far as work goes. There are folks not coming to work due to concerns and the company is having to shut down lines. He was sent home last night from his shift. Hopefully, they can get enough folks to work and get some lines up and running and folks like him won't be out of too much work. They close the plant and clean/repair for two weeks out of the year so maybe this could be an opportunity to keep folks working (fingers crossed).

I am so excited for the weekend (have off Sat & Sun) and playing in the yard. Lots of work to do with Spring finally having sprung. The decks need repair and rebuilding and I need to repair some of a privacy fence that the winds took down about a month ago and this is prime weather, here, for that!

Everyone stay safe and healthy and hang in there!

(post by toolgal462 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow was today a rough day!

Kiddo got it into his head that he wanted to go outside and play with his friends. So even though we made it clear and have been making it clear that there would be no time outside with friends until after his obligations were met and school work was done ... he decided he wasn't having any of it.

From the start even though we ran the standard routine to get him going, everything the same, he dug in his heels. He understood nothing, couldn't get anything, it was too hard, he just didn't understand, we were asking too much, etc., etc., etc.

There was a massive meltdown over it when we finally told him there would be no anything until his work was done even if it meant we were all still sitting around the table at 3am! I told him either he shaped up or we'd send him to his room after he got done even if there was playtime left over.

By the time all was said and done, it was almost 4pm. We had been getting it all done by 2 every other day. The kicker was that it was Friday. It was all review with room to get done anything he hadn't finished earlier in the week, but he had gotten it all done. There was very little added on top. So that gives you an idea of how much time he wasted trying to give us to give up and just let him go.

Oi! I need some alcohol after that day.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: drussell41

We have the family call chain.

Sister and I are calling mom and dad every day. Cousins call my aunt. Mom and aunt call each other.

I like that system alot.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Been dealing with a "stay-at-home" thing for years and years. Its one thing when its a choice we make, but the moment it isnt.. Health issues for me before all this, quarantine for so many now.. It can make it so much tougher.

So true.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: toolgal462

Some people you just can't reach...

So we get what we had here today, which was: Four straight hours of Fallout: New Vegas.

Going back to the tried and true, huh? I'm still plugging away at my second character in Fallout 76. I didn't start her on any of the main quest lines because Wastelanders is supposed to alter that somewhat, and I wanted to explore all of that. She's level 80+ now.
Just need to get her perks squared away on heavy weapons and gunsmithing, and then.... Good Times.

Boy, Ozzy, you really meet the best and worst in FO76. From griefers and thieves to people who will give you the proverbial shirt off their back. It's like a snapshot of society at large.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So how is everyone dealing with maintaining their space while not coming off like a dick or a paranoid idiot?

By not giving a FF what others think about some issues
edit on 28-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This is probably more scattered of a thought than I'd care to admit and don't be surprised if in a few days I post something like "My curtains are trying to pick a fight with me. I suspect they're conspiring against me with the microwave. The curtains have hated me ever since the Febreeze incident. I'm sure of it."

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Beautiful and timely:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Me in 1988: This is crazy. I have 90 cable channels and can't find anything to watch.

Me, current day, in the United States of Quarantine: This is crazy, I pay for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Now and CBS all access. I have Vudu, Tubi, Pluto TV, Crackle and several other free streaming apps... And for all that I just spent 4 hours binge watching mukbang videos on YouTube.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join