It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus check 2020, should the disabled get it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Those of us who are self-employed and rely on consumer spending, appreciate every dollar we can get from our government that we paid taxes into for so long.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ya, we should get it.. they are telling us old people to just stay home and isolate ourselves, well, having to pay someone to go fetch our food is an added expense.
After all, on the other thread they were willing to round us all up and gives us free cruises around the world to get rid of us.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Pfft. Can I cash it?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That makes it sound so simple but it's much more complicated.

A mortgage payment pays the bills of the financial institutions.
Dividends, payroll, healthcare, 401k...

Stopping that money would cause a snowball effect.

The better bet is a stimulus check even though I'm not supporting that either.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm disabled with a broken spine and my application for help has been pending for about 8 months now. Ever since I had this spinal injury I can't accomplish hardly anything, I can barely even walk small distances. I don't take pain meds either.

So I get (and have) nothing.
I've been living on like 20$ a month this year, and have gone days without food on multiple occasions. I know all about starvation.

Thankfully I still have a little food left I got at a food bank last week but it'll be gone within days. Think they're closed for weeks now so I can't re-up.

Anyways, point is, I'm disabled and literally have to save myself as no one gives a # if I died tomorrow. Not you not any govt.

Give me the damn stimulus. It'll move my income from 60$ in 2020 to 1060$ lol.

I live in America in that kind of poverty. I notice every time people throw away food or waste their $ on pointless bs. I'll pick up a penny.

Thankfully I have a friend that brings pizza by a time or two per week and so I'll gorge on that when it happens.

You know who is the most unlikely person to get the stimulus? Me. Though I need it more than 99% of you.

I don't even want to think about this anymore. I made a mistake and created this.

At least I'm finally learning the truth about life. Can't believe I'm going to hit post on this, it's really embarrassing to admit openly I'm pathetic. But I am so... why lie? Who cares what anyone thinks ...

Just know that not all cripples get a check.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The only people that should receive anything are the people out of work because of the pandemic.

Disabled people will still be getting their regular income.
So do school teachers.

I think a stoppage of mortgage/rent for 2 months would stimulate a good deal and then we do not need to use taxes to stimulate.

I have some rental houses.
How exactly does my renters not paying me their rent stimulate me?

The useless eaters want everything for free.

I don't think that is anyone's viewpoint on this one.
We all want to help people but it's just a matter of using the best plan.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thats a lot of toilet paper and water isnt it.

Those are the commodities that are selling.

Stimulate that economy.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

At least I'm finally learning the truth about life. Can't believe I'm going to hit post on this, it's really embarrassing to admit openly I'm pathetic. But I am so... why lie? Who cares what anyone thinks ...

Just know that not all cripples get a check.

Sorry to hear...have you thought about opening a Go Fund Me account? In the past charity outweighed the Government and it seems Go Fund Me is how much of that is done today. I would donate to it...so even if you got 40 bucks it would be better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

My heart goes out to you, it really does.
I dont know where you are living at but I'd be surprised if they closed down the food bank and to be honest, I'd contact social services because they really should be offering you some help of some kind.
I was lucky, I at least have three sons to help me out and some items I could sell to help me get through the close to year they left me go with no income.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Thats a lot of toilet paper and water isnt it.

Those are the commodities that are selling.

Stimulate that economy.

Silly is this you? I know you are hording...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
New gun for meeee

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I am a disabled vet, on VA disability. I don't need that extra check.

I'd much rather that money go to someone that lost their job... or a small business owner that has been hammered by this.

When you get it, you can always donate it.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Everyone has been impacted in one way or another. So , yes everyone should get a check.
I feel like I have been impacted for other's foolish panic .
Yet , I will most likely donate mine to my wife's church fund for people that were truly affected.

edit on 3/17/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow. it didn't take long for every Tom, Dick and Harry to be holding their hands out, along with all the failing businesses, many of which were failing before the virus hit. Why should failing businesses get bailed out with tax money? The public coffers are not a bank to reward failures and people who run their business into the ground...I #ing hate that!!!

Britain is going to throw a 350 billion stimulus package into the mix to shore up the economy, and keep it ticking over. This has always been the main aim of the UK government, to protect the economy, and it is understandable, but I hate the corruptness that will also be rewarded. Those that should lose everything will get to keep everything so that they can fail again and be bailed out. YOU SHOULD ONLY RECEIVE IF YOU MERIT IT!

Like many others, I've paid my taxes and my bills solidly for 46 years, even gone without food and other stuff at times to do so, but I kept the roof over my head, and the utilities running. I know I have always been much more capable of achieving more than I have done, and that is my flaw, my regret, but through all the struggles I have experienced I never turned to crime, drugs, or alcohol to escape my responsibilities, and participate in a social duty that keeps society going. I know I won't receive a penny, or any help from the stimulus, nor will I ask for it, I don't want anything I don't merit. In fact, the odds are, according to scientific experts, I will probably get infected with the virus, and at my age, be lucky to survive it...and getting infected is something I definitely don't merit.

Bear in mind, like 9/11 changed the world, so has this event, the world has been changed again, and it won't be the same...ever.
edit on 17/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Life lessons can be learned from this post.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I'm disabled with a broken spine and my application for help has been pending for about 8 months now. Ever since I had this spinal injury I can't accomplish hardly anything, I can barely even walk small distances. I don't take pain meds either.

So I get (and have) nothing.
I've been living on like 20$ a month this year, and have gone days without food on multiple occasions. I know all about starvation.

Thankfully I still have a little food left I got at a food bank last week but it'll be gone within days. Think they're closed for weeks now so I can't re-up.

Just curious, who is paying for your internet access?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nobody. I wouldn't laugh if you didn't get one either.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I see your point. I have a mortgage and no rentals so I forgot about the people that rent houses out.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You have a special mind, there is nothing pathetic about that can’t think that way either. Crap happens, we persevere through it. The next reality we are embarking on perhaps will present you better opportunities to change the position you’re in. As far as the topic at hand, 1,000 dollars is not that much, we can spend that in a minute, it should be 3-5 thousand dollars they will probably tax it also yes everyone should get it. Any how good talk hang in there man, this post was surprising.

👍🍻
edit on 17-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join