It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus check 2020, should the disabled get it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We hear news of $1,000 stimulus check in 2020 because of the Coronavirus, a lot of people are going to need this money, especially the disabled.

I've read that the disabled will not get this check . Some people on supplemental Security income only make about $700 to $800 a month. That sounds nearly impossible to live off of.

This stimulus check is supposed to stimulate the economy so why don't the disabled get the stimulus check too?

So I'm asking you the people of ats , do you think the disabled should get this full check like everyone else?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

On the one hand, its not grade school and "fair" has nothing to do with the fiduciary responsibility that comes with managing tax payer money. If this is a reward for tax payers, "fair" has nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, its not unusual for disabled people to rely on the charity of their loved ones (as it should be). Their loss of household liquidity is certain to impact all the other households that they may help out. If the goal is to prop up the economy, disabled are just as viable as anyone.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If you're on disability you're already getting government cheese, why do you need more cheese that could go to others not already getting cheese?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are we supposed to get a stimulus check? Cool!

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am a disabled vet, on VA disability. I don't need that extra check.

I'd much rather that money go to someone that lost their job... or a small business owner that has been hammered by this.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The only people that should receive anything are the people out of work because of the pandemic.

Disabled people will still be getting their regular income.
So do school teachers.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I wonder about people on social security. I collect because I can but my income is from a 401 I started back in the eighties and a stock portfolio that is poo poo right now.
I do not work and neither does my husband. We both retired early after I sold the store.

I could use the $1000.00. I have another tax bill coming up.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The only people that should receive anything are the people out of work because of the pandemic.

So do school teachers.

I think a stoppage of mortgage/rent for 2 months would stimulate a good deal and then we do not need to use taxes to stimulate.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh you mean nobody told you? This stimulus isn't for the people who passionately hate Trump.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I like that idea... Throw a utility like electricity in there as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

There's another question for the panel.
Will veterans who are collecting retirement from service get this stimulus check?

A lot of my friends are retired veterans. Its this areas second biggest occupation.
Golf is the first.

Military is heavy in the region.
There are over three hundred military installations, offices and outposts here in southern Virginia.
I am surrounded so its not unusual for this to be a big military retirement area too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I like that idea... Throw a utility like electricity in there as well.

It would be a hell of a lot more than 1000 bucks...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So do school teachers.

I think a stoppage of mortgage/rent for 2 months would stimulate a good deal and then we do not need to use taxes to stimulate.

I have some rental houses.
How exactly does my renters not paying me their rent stimulate me?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: madmac5150

There's another question for the panel.
Will veterans who are collecting retirement from service get this stimulus check?

A lot of my friends are retired veterans. Its this areas second biggest occupation.
Golf is the first.

Military is heavy in the region.
There are over three hundred military installations, offices and outposts here in southern Virginia.
I am surrounded so its not unusual for this to be a big military retirement area too.

I think it should be for those in need, most military retirees are not hurting as part of all this, so those who get laid off or hours cut like all the services industries would be the most in need.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This stimulus check will probably just cover the cost of the increase of everyone's health insurance because of this pandemic. People will be losing their health insurance if a business has to close for any longer period of time. It will take months before they call all their workers back to work.

I doubt if I will even get it, I am retired.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I will let you know when the check shows up. LOL..
Who will laugh last then?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So do school teachers.

They don't think that far out.... after all, you are a greedy landowner.
edit on 17-3-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

They don't pay rent, and you don't pay mortgage. Its not a stimulus as much as to help people get over a low income hump. If you own the properties outright maybe submit for reimbursement of costs that the rent would cover.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I see this as a loan I didn't ask for, but don't have a choice with.

This thousand dollars I don't need is going to inflate an already dangerous bubble.

Does anyone remember a time stimulus checks actually worked?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So do school teachers.

The useless eaters want everything for free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join