It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook announces $100 million program for small businesses impacted by coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

In a blog post announcing the grants, Facebook said, “We know that your business may be experiencing disruptions resulting from the global outbreak of COVID-19. We’ve heard that a little financial support can go a long way, so we are offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time.” Facebook said the grants will be available for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries.

This should be interesting. The skeptic in me doesn't trust facebook and is looking for how they benefit from this other than the obvious pat on the back and an attaboy for Mark Zuckerberg.

Nevertheless, my own business has taken a hit as well as others in this area, and I'm sure a bit of extra cash would be helpful. BUT...what's the catch?
Article Link
edit on 3/17/2020 by Klassified because: DBCowboy unplugged my keyboard.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Klassified because: Same as before

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

A 100 million to 30 countries. What’s that gonna do? Just like $1000 from our government...

Zuckerberg is worth 55 billion. All he can muster is 100 million?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ad credits? yawn.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
ad credits? yawn.

We’ve heard that a little financial support can go a long way, so we are offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time.”

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When this winds down in 3 months, there's gonna be a huge cash grab. People are gonna expect to be paid for living through this(LOL) as if they're owed something.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I know a couple of people who own small businesses and even a grand for them will help to keep the door open for a while. It will pay the utilities and part of the rent for a month. If they have to pay it back after this thing blows over, they can do it. Nobody is spending money on the stuff they make right now, contracts have been put on hold. Then they will be overbooked when things get back on track.

new topics

top topics

join