It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Thing Corona Proves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
People are dumb.
I hear over and over "let's do this social distancing /quarantine now, so it's over quickly..." no. Just no.
All the measures now are to flattern the infection curve so the hospitals won't get as overwhelmed. It means the opposite, we'll be dealing with this for months.
I mean wtf they really don't get what they're told?

But I guess at least the toilet paper thing makes sense
One sneezes and hundreds # their pants

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's a novel virus. The likelihood is that we won't be dealing with this for months, but years or generations.

The hope in flattening in the curve is that a treatment or vaccine can be developed before the virus kills millions, but more, before it has a chance to mutate.

Every time it spreads the chance of mutation increases.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

People are generally ignorant on a wide range of topics (including myself) but there is no shame in being ignorant about something. The real shame is projecting one has real knowledge despite gaining none and creating a virus of ignorance about said topic.

The only people that really know are subject matter experts on viruses with paper on the wall and experience to match. Maybe people will wake up after this episode and admit they should not rely on their florist for car repair work but I doubt it.

link   
Don't forget your pets food...
They love you

link   
a reply to: Hefficide

My personal hope is it kills billions before they further mutate into zombies. *joke

I was just being annoyed by how many seem to think this will last 14 days

And if it mutates the vaccine won't work sooooo....

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Being ignorant is one thing, not understanding what the experts say is the real issue here

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Somewhat true. Influenza comes in various strains that all mutate but nearly every year a viable vaccine is developed on the backs of previous vaccines.

The same will presumably be true with this strain of Coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

All the measures now are to flattern the infection curve so the hospitals won't get as overwhelmed.

Yes, this is true. What don't you get about this? Don't you have any loved ones over 50? Any friends or family with health conditions? A heart?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Being ignorant is one thing, not understanding what the experts say is the real issue here

Maybe just Barney style it more. A wart is a virus. Has anyone cured the common wart. No. Do we kinda have a handle on warts. Yes. Will we get a handle on this virus. Yes. Highly likely in 6 months.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

It's a novel virus. The likelihood is that we won't be dealing with this for months, but years or generations.

The hope in flattening in the curve is that a treatment or vaccine can be developed before the virus kills millions, but more, before it has a chance to mutate.

Every time it spreads the chance of mutation increases.

This is what we're not being told. I think they know what it mutates into or can mutate into and that's why they are taking the measures they are. I recall videos of people in China, laying on the ground bleeding from the mouth and nose when this first broke out and they disappeared.

Clearly we know this came from an engineered facility, and our government is likely aware of the intent of said engineering. Those mutations that we have from thousands of years of being exposed to viruses and bacteria are what help predict mutations, and since we have never been exposed to this, I'm pretty convinced that there is a known variant that would be considered the "killer" strain, and for whatever reason, it's only 5% of population or so that gets this form, but should that change to 95%, we have a war on our hands unlike anything we've ever seen.

This response is unprecedented. $850 billion dollars in relief. Economic crash worse than Black Sunday and 2008 Financial Crisis. Self-quarantine and breaking of all social norms coming down from the Federal level. There is no way that this simply because it's silent, or the hospitals could be overwhelmed, there's more to it that we aren't getting, IMO.

~Namaste

ETA: remember folks... when the government and media are repeating something ad nauseam, it is because they are trying to convince you, not to inform you. Informed people know how to get information. It's what they are not telling you that is critical. Don't forget, the Propaganda Act (Smith-Mundt Act) was reinstated during the Obama presidency (that's not a dig on Obama, it is just a reference to when it occurred), which allowed the government and the media to use propaganda with the American public. Let that sink in for a moment...
edit on 17-3-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm not sure what you're talking about? I'm not against the quarantine or any measures to get this under control.
I was ranting specifically about people saying and thinking it will be over in 14 days.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Everybody is talking about what the virus is doing. Closing firms, stopping flights, all the hype about it. But what nobody is pushing is this virus accidentally released or on purpose.
The more important thing that aught be happening (which NO government wants to address) every major country has it's own biological warfare units. I don't care if they come up with he excuse "well we need these viruses to examine and find antidotes for". This virus would not be in the mix if it wasn't for these units.
They all aught to be closed and all germ warfare agents destroyed. But they wont cos just as this virus is blamed on the Chinese ALL the big nations has their fingers in the same pot.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm not sure what you're talking about? I'm not against the quarantine or any measures to get this under control.
I was ranting specifically about people saying and thinking it will be over in 14 days.

My apologies, I misinterpreted what you wrote.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
youtu.be...

edit on 17020000003 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

Tommy Lee Jones says it best in this one scene,
edit on 17020000003 by JHumm because: ETA

top topics

join