It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cure for TDS: the WuFlu!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just about have to put this in the Mud Pit anyway because it involves the old Democrat vs. Republican thing, so I figured I might as well also put in a title that caught attention.

I just got through watching NY Governor Mario Cuomo speak at a news conference... now I have never been a fan of Cuomo. I consider him as much of a partisan hack as the partisan hacks in Washington, just without as much power. But this time, he impressed me! The man made a heck of a lot of sense, talking in plain, simple language about what went through his mind as he implemented some of the recent restrictions and why he implemented them. I came away from that experience with a new-found respect for the man.

Essentially, he outlined the real problem, which has been the real problem all along: the lack of hospital facilities compared to expected potential needs from this WuFlu virus. That's a real concern. The problem has been that people interpret the restrictions taken to try and minimize the severity of this shortcoming with a need for absolute panic. Cuomo explained that New York is not going to become a state where people are forced to stay inside their little boxes and cannot have contact with others, and emphasized that by stating that even if a city in New York tried to do that, he would override the order. He spoke appreciably of President Trump and the actions taken by the Federal government. He acknowledged the human need for social interaction. And he urged calm.

Credit where credit is due. I may still disagree with some of Cuomo's policies... after all New York is a whole different world from Alabama, might as well be on a different planet. We don't even talk the same; I wonder if I'm speaking a foreign language when there. But some things are bigger than just a chance to bash a President, any President, and Cuomo showed today that he can rise above politics and be a normal human being.

Good job, Governor Cuomo! This redneck salutes you!

TheRedneck

edit on 3/17/2020 by TheRedneck because: the man is a Governor, not a Mayor... duh!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Kudos to fredos bro.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree.
Cuomo is doing a very good job...and I like that he and the President are putting aside their political differences to work together for the people.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The debate has never, at least for me, been about political party. it has always been about corruption and inefficiency in government. What I want is probably pretty close to what those on the other side want: accountability for all government officials and a Federal government that works the way the Founding Fathers envisioned it, the way it worked for a long time. The real question is how we get there... do we work within the Constitution to bring us back to a time when things were better for many, while ensuring that those better times apply to all this time around, or do we scrap the whole thing and try a philosophy that IMO is based on unrealistic expectations?

When the country is in danger of being overrun, it is time to put those things behind us and do what we must to survive. That's what Governor Mario Cuomo did. I'll view him a little differently in the future.

My fervent hope is for the other Democratic (and some Republicans as well) leaders out there to take this as a lesson. I'm not asking you to abandon your policies and beliefs. I am asking you to put country first, not the government, but the people who live their lives by a timeclock, working a lifetime for a better life and an even better life for their children, and who are the true source of our greatness. That country. Not a paper castle nestled in some government office.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ALL liberal left MSM begain calling it

China Virus
Wuhan Virus

Trump says it and they blow a fuse lol utter madness

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

That's exactly why I quit calling it COVID-19 and started calling it WuFlu.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm an ass
I think the Democrats unleashes this virus just to damage Trump

there, I said it ...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
I'm an ass
I think the Democrats unleashes this virus just to damage Trump

there, I said it ...

Actually you may or may not be an ass, but if you believe what you just posted you are a fricking idiot.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Well, whether they unleashed it or not, some of them are certainly using it to full political advantage...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wholeheartedly agree with the OP. Cuomo did a press conference a week or two ago along similar lines, made a lot of sense, urged people not to panic, used real numbers instead of the fearmongering ones, spoke of cooperation with the federal government instead of trying to leverage this against Trump.

That's real leadership, whether you like his politics or not. Play politics another time, people's lives and livelihood are at stake here. Pelosi and Schumer should take some #ing notes.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can we write in Cuomo?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think it is just one paranoid irrational fear supplanting another one.

In cryptography, it would be called a substitution cipher.

new topics

top topics

join