It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial institutions prepping for virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My wife just called me asking details about our home internet and wireless connections.

She received an email today from the main office or IT department inquiring about those services.
Her credit union is preparing for closing its lobbies to the public. The ATM and ITM machines would not likely be effected.
No definite action is being taken but it seems they are covering their bases.

Nothing ground breaking but it's a little more info pn the situation.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ours is too. I've been getting emails for a week or so from lots of places we deal with.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

oh good, people aren't going to take that well.... nothing like a good old fashioned run on the banks to make things REALLY interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You think people have already freaked out. Just wait, if they turn off the internet....

Is that what you’re implying?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No.
They just wanted to know what kind of connection we have available if she needs to take a computer home.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

oh good, people aren't going to take that well.... nothing like a good old fashioned run on the banks to make things REALLY interesting.

The bank would not be closed.
You can still get cash and talk to a human.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Thank goodness I don't have any money to run for.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This seems like a good place to post this "I don't know what alternative universe I woke up in but here it is" information.

It appears that we're all going to be getting Covid-19 checks.

On Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the cash infusions could happen swiftly. “We are looking at sending checks to Americans immediately,” he told reporters. “Americans need cash now and the President wants to get cash now. And I mean now, in the next two weeks.”

Source

Searching "Mnuchin UBI" will bring up a myriad of alternate sources if this one is not to a readers liking.

This is real.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo
Thank goodness I don't have any money to run for.

You better go get some. I'm only selling this hoard of TP for hard currency.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This seems like a good place to post this "I don't know what alternative universe I woke up in but here it is" information.

It appears that we're all going to be getting Covid-19 checks.

On Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the cash infusions could happen swiftly. “We are looking at sending checks to Americans immediately,” he told reporters. “Americans need cash now and the President wants to get cash now. And I mean now, in the next two weeks.”

Source

Searching "Mnuchin UBI" will bring up a myriad of alternate sources if this one is not to a readers liking.

This is real.

If/when the Secretary of the Treasury and Trump start talking about getting “cash now”, “in the next two weeks” into the hands of the American public...

It kind of makes me think that they no longer “value” the currency.

I mean, when has an administration, especially this Administration, given anything of value to the public with no strings attached!?!

Alternate Universe indeed! Down right Bizzarro World!
edit on 17-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Don't y'all remember when Bushy Boy did the same thing.

I think it was 1000, it was like a blip on the radar.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

i got an email like right after you posted that...in my city about a half dozen credit unions branches are closing, some have drive thru only, some are fully staffed.

i think we know by know that they don't need to close, just appear to have reduced services or hours and everyone will go try to do their banking at the same time. aka a run on the banks.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do remember that, it went into savings rather than toward buying useless crap like they intended. Obviously a lot of other Americans did in fact spend it on useless crap.

top topics

join