It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid19 is my fault.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I just had an interesting thought pop into my head, and yes it might be a bit dramatic and a very centric view of the world as it revolves around me(ME!!!!!).

I closed a business months ago, the market was booming, everything was great. I figured I'd lay around and do whatever and then go out and get a job because EVERYONE was scrambling for workers.

I was going to sit by, enjoy some fine whisky and smoke cigars while I did some day trading and then eventually wander into some new career that payed well and required nothing more than being a competent person(basically anyone over 30, it seemed) that had transportation and could manage to show up for work on time for more than a week at a time before they threw in the towel(that was literally the job market in my area).

Well, I sat around and did just that and now I realize that with the way things are going(overblown or not), I'm guessing the fear parade is on full bore and everything is being shuttered. So I guess I may be SOL now.

I've had some pretty poor luck when it comes to trying to move between sectors and most have failed. Could it be that my cavalier attitude about this "epic" job market brought about this worldwide economic collapse?

That would require an unbelievable amount of faith that the entire world revolves around ones self..........

So I guess I should apologize then....

Bonus: if there are no jobs, atleast people will stop asking me when I'm going to get a job.

edit on 16-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I was going to sit buy, enjoy some fine whisky and smoke cigars

You remind me of someone..but maybe I'm not being very logical here.

edit on 16-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

That cool uncle you never had?

Really though, I'm just the guy that ruined the world because of a chinese fling I had.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
All right, we have someone who admits it is there fault. Evidently you do not work for the government, because anyone associated with the government would never admit they did anything wrong. That is a prerequisite for a government job.

So, don't be blaming your starting all this on the beer or booze.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

That cool uncle you never had?

Really though, I'm just he guy that ruined the world because of a chinese fling I had.

You were 'flinging' boogers at a Chinese buffet weren't you?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I just had an interesting thought pop into my head, and yes it might be a bit dramatic and a very centric view of the world as it revolves around me(ME!!!!!).

I closed a business months ago, the market was booming, everything was great. I figured I'd lay around and do whatever and then go out and get a job because EVERYONE was scrambling for workers.

I was going to sit by, enjoy some fine whisky and smoke cigars while I did some day trading and then eventually wander into some new career that payed well and required nothing more than being a competent person(basically anyone over 30, it seemed) that had transportation and could manage to show up for work on time for more than a week at a time before they threw in the towel(that was literally the job market in my area).

Well, I sat around and did just that and now I realize that with the way things are going(overblown or not), I'm guessing the fear parade is on full bore and everything is being shuttered. So I guess I may be SOL now.

I've had some pretty poor luck when it comes to trying to move between sectors and most have failed. Could it be that my cavalier attitude about this "epic" job market brought about this worldwide economic collapse?

That would require an unbelievable amount of faith that the entire world revolves around ones self..........

So I guess I should apologize then....

Bonus: if there are no jobs, atleast people will stop asking me when I'm going to get a job.

You have a very egocentric view of the world.
First the economy has no cares about you in general.
Second the world has no cares about you.
Third unless you are infected with the virus, this is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Can you actually prove that the world DOESN'T revolve around me?

It might be an interesting thought exercise. Not because I'm important, but that maybe everything that happens in the world that seems important is actually based on something of no importance whatsoever. So why couldn't it revolve around me?

top topics

join