It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States Ignoring CDC by Not Cancelling Primaries - That Could Give Bernie Sanders a Boost.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Monday March 16, 2020

Due to the highly contagious CoronaVirus-19, the Trump Administration's Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is putting forth guidance to protect Americans, by reducing the Spread of Covid-19.

Two of the directives are: 1.) No gatherings of more than 10 people, and 2.) Each person should try to stay 6 feet away from another person.

SOURCE: www.cdc.gov...

Amazingly, state election primaries are still being held, even though the governors of those states are taking drastic measures to adhere to CDC directives.

States Defying the CDC for 3-17-2020 Elections: techcrunch.com...

As each of you know, voting locations have more than 10 people in the line waiting, and those voters are nowhere near 6 feet apart from each other.

In some "primary" states, including here in Illinois, drastic measures are being taken, with bars and restaurants closed 24/7, for the foreseeable future. The governors of these states are vowing to do everything within their power to limit the person-to-person spread of Covid-19.

But apparently, it's OK to crowd together for a period of time in order to vote?

Not only are they being huge hypocrites, they may be sabotaging their favorite Presidential candidate, JOE BIDEN. Why?

Because most older people vote for Biden. Older people will be far less likely to get in a line of people, during this CoronaVirus outbreak, since Covid-19 hits older (over age 60) people the hardest.

Younger people tend to favor candidate BERNIE SANDERS. Most of them will not be afraid of potential exposure to the CoronaVirus, since it doesn't, for the most part, pose a serious health risk for them. Plus...young Democrats are more passionate for Bernie, than older Democrats are for Biden. (IMO)

At any rate, it will be interesting to see if hypocrite governors end up hurting their "establishment" candidate Joe Biden, by going forward with holding primaries in the face of this extremely contagious virus.

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I could see not canceling the election in November, but the primaries could be shuffled back a little. The time of the election is pretty good, the flu season is not in full swing yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Interesting... Bernie Sanders thinks Primaries should be postponed until the CoronaVirus danger has passed.

www.foxnews.com...

Maybe gambling that Joe Biden will continue making major gaffes, or even have a medical condition?

Either of those could knock Joe out of first place.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I could see not canceling the election in November, but the primaries could be shuffled back a little. The time of the election is pretty good, the flu season is not in full swing yet.

Bernie Sanders agrees with you.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But another problem is all the "down ballot" candidates running. They've been spending a lot of money on local advertising, with the strategy timed to match the election day. For instance, today in Illinois, the candidates went ballistic with TV and print advertising, since the state Primary is tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ohio has had it easy. Those ads can’t make it on past the local news Breaking News, Governor Pressers, President Pressers, more local news Breaking News and then Montgomery County (Dayton, OH) Pressers.

We forgot there was an election tomorrow until the great cancelled/back on/cancelled/back on again war for eight hours. They finally decided just drive by your poll and check in the morning to be sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I find the easiest way to maintain 6 feet or more is to walk around with a M4 on your back, especially in Portland...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Ohio is a state that's hard for me to figure out. It voted for Trump over Hillary, but John Kasich was always anti-Trump.

What mindset is running the state now? When I graduated college there, Dick Celeste was governor.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I find the easiest way to maintain 6 feet or more is to walk around with a M4 on your back, especially in Portland...

And if the election waiting area contains more than 10 people you clear em out the same way?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And if the election waiting area contains more than 10 people you clear em out the same way?

Oh you might need further firepower, M4 on your back and a MAGA hat... You would clear city blocks...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

OHIO GOVERNOR POSTPONES THE PRIMARY after a judge tells him he can't.

It Will be interesting to see if Democrat governors who "say" they care for the citizens of their state, prove it, like Ohio's Republican governor Mike DeWine did tonight by closing the polling places in his state tomorrow.

With less than 12 hours to go before polls were scheduled to open in Ohio for the state's presidential primary election, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, a Republican, announced polls would remain closed Tuesday amid concerns over the coronavirus.
More at: www.cbsnews.com...

It would be ironic indeed if a Republican governor cared more about Democrats voters, than Democrat governors, like our Pritzker prick here in Illinois, does.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's also possible "the fix is in". Hard baked in, for a Biden win in Illinois.

TV Station shows primary election results, the DAY BEFORE the Illinois primary!

Source: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"Test run"

My rear-end...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
"Test run"

My rear-end...

The Governors backing Biden must feel very uneasy. He's like Frosty the snowman. They probably wish the General Election was in July, instead of November, before Frosty totally melts away.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Had lunch with Celeste’s wife in the 80’s. She is goofy when trying to relate to teenagers, but that is a different story.

Ohio voted to try to get rid of Kasich early during the 2016 primary, hence he won. He was resoundingly despised as Governor because he “solved” Ohio’s money problem by not paying out to the cities and counties as required. Pretty easy to fix a budget problem by tacking in billions and not spending billions.

DeWine is about as much of a Republican as.... I’m stuck as Joe Stalin or King George III were better Republicans. DeWine is very quickly making Ted Strickland, who bankrupted Ohio among other things, look beloved.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com... DNC warning that delegate penalties will happen to any states not meeting june 9th deadline up to 50% in reduction of delegates ,guess they really are hedging their bets against sanders, my bernie friends are loosing it

A new memo from the Democratic National Committee panel that handles delegate selection for the presidential nomination warns that states that hastily change the “first determining step” of their own process could be subject to penalties – including a 50% reduction in delegates – if they hold primaries after a June cut-off date.
so that will be interesing i think some states are voting today anyways

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

DeWine is about as much of a Republican as.... I’m stuck as Joe Stalin or King George III were better Republicans. DeWine is very quickly making Ted Strickland, who bankrupted Ohio among other things, look beloved.

Ohioans drank DeWine and regretted it, LOL. Maybe they'll pick a good governor, next election.

top topics

join