It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD bans all domestic travel for personnel and families amid coronavirus crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Pentagon officials late Friday announced a total domestic travel ban for all troops, civilian personnel and their families until May 11 in an effort to limit their potential exposure to the coronavirus.

In addition, troops will be granted “only authorized local leave” for the duration of the travel restrictions, limiting their ability to visit family and friends in far away states.

The government is open to domestic travel bans for its own personnel, how long do people think until the highways are shut down?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lots of companies have banned travel for their employees. Lots.

They are not going to shut down the highways. They can't. How will supplies get to the stores? How will gas get to stations? How will tests get to hospitals?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You know what best part of this is for many Guard and Reserve members in the Northeast. No Fort Drum cold weather field training.

We've cancelled so much, schools, military courses, all kinds of activities that we need to compete to fulfill our training blocks. Sounds great but really tough to make up. There is even talk of not having drill or military training events. That NEVER happens.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

They will not, by design, the government is NOT to here to help

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some people live in one state and work in another. Some business' will have interstate travel. The states can make it more uncomfortable and inconvenient to travel unnecessarily though. Plus, public shaming is such a thing.

Before you know it, people in vehicles will be wearing masks and hiding their faces to evade recognition while traveling to non essential destinations lol.

If I go any where, I'm wearing my Hulk mask.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I agree, they will maybe shut down the airlines because a lot of people go through the airports and can infect others. You aren't going to have one person infecting a hundred in your car. Now, the idea is to buffer this virus so too many people do not get critically sick at one time.

The damage this virus can do to multiple organs is way worse than what the flu can do. It has a powerful protein enzyme and when it grows in numbers, our body cannot produce enough of an enzyme that destroys or inhibits that enzyme. That leads to multiple problems.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

any word on hiv delivery systems, the origin of this in bioweapon labs, the effects on bone structure/long term lung damage after recovery?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimERustler

They will not, by design, the government is NOT to here to help

The States need to step it up and stop relying on Federal bail/handouts for weather occurrence; potholes, tree removal.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The damage this virus can do to multiple organs is way worse than what the flu can do. It has a powerful protein enzyme and when it grows in numbers, our body cannot produce enough of an enzyme that destroys or inhibits that enzyme. That leads to multiple problems.

I know people that have died from a 'viral infection' within the past year. This was not identified as a N1H1 or SARS or Flu. The treatment method was to flush their blood (with what). It destroys heart muscle, lung tissue. It kills within days and the V.A. has no idea what it is (or is not telling). I am wondering if this is an offshoot deliberately planted and spread.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Lots of companies have banned travel for their employees. Lots.

They are not going to shut down the highways. They can't. How will supplies get to the stores? How will gas get to stations? How will tests get to hospitals?

This could be a truckers heaven. Ban all four wheeler's from the roads.
And let them truckers roll.

edit on 16-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My lil bro was going to have his bachelor party here this upcoming weekend. The wedding was going to be back 'home' (5hrs and change) a few weeks later. Looks like Louisiana's Democrat governor (I hear tell so many people dislikes that guy) put a travel and congregation ban on everyone. No parties over 50. Guess he was being a little liberal with those numbers. The wedding was expecting some 200 people. Not happenin... I think he said they are shutting down all bars or will shut down all bars soon..

Even with SXSW being canceled, I figured the local and revolving cheaper tickets than a 6pak bands would still be doing their thing. The way it looks now, I think it'll be a ghost town. Everything is folding in on itself... No one wants to go out.
No one wants to be around a lot of other people. Government didn't need to step in here. ATX did it on it's own.

Time is going to stand still for life but not for hunger.

So far, I still haven't heard anything from my company. In a few days, I'll go back into work like it's another day. Even after the downturn and now with a new new new really bad downturn for the oilfield, we still have no less than 100 people (I'd guess closer to 200) in the office. More layoffs took place but the virus didn't have anything to do with that. It was heading that way because of ... I don't even know anymore.

So many chess boards, so few pieces.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimERustler

Pentagon officials late Friday announced a total domestic travel ban for all troops, civilian personnel and their families until May 11 in an effort to limit their potential exposure to the coronavirus.

In addition, troops will be granted “only authorized local leave” for the duration of the travel restrictions, limiting their ability to visit family and friends in far away states.

The government is open to domestic travel bans for its own personnel, how long do people think until the highways are shut down?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The military has a critical interest in limiting their troops exposure as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to respond to threats very effectively if a large percentage of the force was quarantined.

This is like when things get hot in Korea and DoD sends officers' families back to the U.S. and people come on here posting it and saying it's an indication we're about to go to war.

No, it's not.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know people that have died from a 'viral infection' within the past year. This was not identified as a N1H1 or SARS or Flu. The treatment method was to flush their blood (with what). It destroys heart muscle, lung tissue. It kills within days and the V.A. has no idea what it is (or is not telling). I am wondering if this is an offshoot deliberately planted and spread.

I think that this virus has been around for a while, the CDC did say that not all the deaths they attributed to the flu may not have been the flu over this past Winter. The guy also stated that they did test some of the ones that they thought were flu related and they were COV. It is too late to go back and test those people, they are probably burnt or buried. There is no way we will know for sure. The test for the COV19 was developed by the Chinese, they discovered what it was. They had some incidents of virus that were giving the Tiawan people problems and the Taiwan health care went back and tested some of the ones that died and they were positive for this coronovirus too, back from December.

There could have been lots of people who had this illness already, we will never know for sure. I cannot say it was the fault of anyone, nobody would have anticipated this virus would have been out there.

I can't say either way if it was out there, only look at a possibility. This virus did not have to start in China, and it could have started many months ago. If you want to find the answer, often it is good to look at the whole picture and remember that....you can have two or more infections going at the same time, even if they tested positive for the flu, they could still have cov and/or pneumonia or any other disease at the same time.

There is no rule that only one viral infection can infect you at a time and there is no rule that a virus and pneumonia cannot be in your body at the same time. You can probably have chicken pox with influenza.

top topics

join