It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Markets Annihilated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

Politico obtained documents that the President was briefed on this very scenario not 7 days into office.

It has been common knowledge for some time how the market has been hanging by Trump's tweets and his policy actions since he took office.

The President's do nothing approach on coronavirus, his trade wars, and his war on the fed has created this storm.

Yes, it is his fault. Like Trump said, Obama faced a similar scenario. What Trump doesn't mention, is that he managed much much better.

You've been lied to. Travel restrictions, declaring a national emergency, etc. isn't doing nothing. It's more than Obama did to manage swine flu. That killed over 1000 people in the U.S. before he declared an emergency.

The economic crisis we're facing now is because we're so dependent on other countries, China in particular, for our supply chains. That's Trump's fault?

You guys are desperate and it shows. Trying to blame Trump for this is gonna get him re-elected, dummies. Normal people aren't falling for this nonsense, only in your tiny echo chambers does this make any sense, and only to people who are sick, like you.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

Likewise, although I'm not fearful of new ideas or others perspectives.

I either agree, or disagree.

Simple.

For someone who isn't fearful of others' perspectives, you sure got defensive when I suggested those "gurus" you listen to just constantly predict disasters so that every so many years they can say they were right--with no mention of all the times they were wrong.

If you really think that's expertise, well, more power to ya I guess.

You didn't even watch the video before you commented with the usual deflective, dismissive bs.

I'm fearful of fools, not perspectives.

How is it deflective to point out that someone who predicts the same # every year, and is wrong most years, isn't an expert just because it happens once a decade? I googled a couple of the people you mentioned. They're constantly making "a crash is imminent" predictions, going back years. They've been wrong year after year.

Don't be so gullible. If I tell you "go look out your window, it's raining" every day and I'm wrong 5 days in a row, but on the 6th day it's raining, are you really gonna be like "Damn, that guy knows his stuff!"?

You need to be fearful of yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: face23785
Like everything else the Democrats have been trying, if they try to blame Trump for this, it's gonna backfire. Regular people are gonna be like "It's Trump's fault the economy tanked because of this virus? The same Trump who said we should bring our manufacturing back here? Sounds to me like he was right."

Go ahead, blame Trump. You're just gonna get him re-elected.

Well, Trump himself was never shy about taking full credit when the economy was booming. So it seems only fair he should hold true and take full responsibility, now that its not doing so well.

You know the flip side of that is that the Left has claimed the economy is only doing well because of Obama, so this crash must be Obama's fault right? If there is a recession, it's Obama's fault, that's the corner the Left has backed themselves into.

Or we can use a little brain, and realize that neither Obama nor Trump is responsible for our economy being so dependent on overseas manufacturing. That's been slowly becoming the norm for decades.

Of the two of them though, only Trump said it was a bad idea and we should bring manufacturing back here.
edit on 16 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: EternalShadow

My sister just told me our state's board of dentistry has ordered all dental offices in the state to close for an undetermined period of time.

She won't be able to pay her staff nor her bills in no time at all. She doesn't see her practice surviving this...which means 16 families will lose half or all of their income, too.

That's terrible, ABSOLUTELY heartbreaking. My family is dealing with financial detonations too.

My stepfather had over 50% of his retirement wiped out today. 32 years of teaching children the wonders of music and NOT ONE SICK DAY TAKEN.

He's in his mid-seventies now he's devastated.

His money didn't just evaporate, it was transferred to someone or something else!

That's what's angering many who realize this. All your hard work GONE to cover someone else's bad gambling habits.

edit on 3/16/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Amazing.

You're biases are so deeply rooted, that instead of just watching the video and then commenting about what was said, you Googled the OTHER folks I mentioned to gather MORE ammo to strengthen those biases.

You are a work of art my friend..

Holy christ..🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Amazing.

You're biases are so deeply rooted, that instead of just watching the video and then commenting about what was said, you Googled the OTHER folks I mentioned to gather MORE ammo to strengthen those biases.

You are a work of art my friend..

Holy christ..🤦🏽‍♂️

Dude, you tell us you listen to those folks and think they're "gurus." Then you post a video from another guy you think is smart, a 25-minute video by the way, and think we're gonna watch it? Why would we? You've already demonstrated you have poor judgement of who is worth listening to.

You're not as open-minded as you think.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh my God!

Can you let your ego go!!??

I said SO CALLED GURU'S!

I never said THEY WERE.

If you're incapable or not interested in watching the video, then LEAVE!!!

All your doing is attempting to DERAIL my thread with this stupid argument that your ego won't let you surrender to!

Kick rocks or add something of value to the conversation other than your own presestablished biases.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh my God!

Can you let your ego go!!??

I said SO CALLED GURU'S!

I never said THEY WERE.

If you're incapable or not interested in watching the video, then LEAVE!!!

All your doing is attempting to DERAIL my thread with this stupid argument that your ego won't let you surrender to!

Kick rocks or add something of value to the conversation other than your own presestablished biases.

You said you follow them, and indicated you think they've been vindicated by this. You're wrong, and so are they. They're often wrong and you should find new people to follow. The amount of projection you're displaying here is astounding. You think you're smart because you follow these people, and your ego won't let you even entertain the thought that they might be charlatans. That can't be right! You're too smart to have been tricked by their snake oil salesmanship, right?

And you have zero control over where I post. If you don't like what I'm posting, call a mod. If you don't want your drivel challenged, don't post in a public forum. Grow some thicker skin if you can't handle being questioned.
edit on 16 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well, I disagree.

You know NOTHING of my background or education and yet, you let the "should" statements come pouring forth out of your own fear of I don't know what.

I'm not going to argue with you, we simply see things differently.

I am disengaging from our discourse, should have done it sooner. I apologize for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well, I disagree.

You know NOTHING of my background or education and yet, you let the "should" statements come pouring forth out of your own fear of I don't know what.

I'm not going to argue with you, we simply see things differently.

I am disengaging from our discourse, should have done it sooner. I apologize for that.

I mean honestly, you've been a member here since 2015? and you thought you could post something like this and it wasn't going to be questioned? The people you brought up and the guy you posted the video of are goons that predict the same # every year and are wrong most years. The only reason they're still around is because of people like you, same reason "Nigerian princess wants to send you XX million dollars" emails still exist, because there's still people that fall for it.

Don't be so gullible man.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's only "gone" if you cash it out today. You still possess the same (fractional) shares as you did before. Today, many of them are "worth" considerably "less."

There's some perspective for you.

Businesses closing and staff losing income is an entirely different thing than the market, and the senate better pass a real winner on to the president double-quick to help the American small business owner and their staff.
edit on 16-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They...TPTB fixed it by buying everything for five cents on the dollar..Gee do you not think it might happen again..a reply to: face23785

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well said and articulated.. Too bad its true..a reply to: murphy22

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Trump takes credit when stocks are up but what about when they go down? Can't have your cake and eat it too Dumbo Donny!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It's Obama's fault.
Probly Hillary had something to do with it too.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

People of a certain age are required to "cash out" on a regular basis. Whether they want to or not.
The good news is, they are also in the high risk group.

edit on 3/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are they really "required" to cash out tho? Unless there is some clause in their 401 or IRA that they have to cash out a certain number of shares or a percentage, then they are just cashing out early.

Granted, retirees need cash to pay their bills so some may need to cash out for expenses, but unless it's a requirement lets not play that game.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Are they really "required" to cash out tho?
Yes.
www.employeefiduciary.com...
www.irs.gov...

And remember, those distributions are taxable. Maybe Congress should look at that.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join