It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do Scientists Pull Electromagnetic Energy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How Do Scientists Pull Electromagnetic Energy? I know there must be ways for this to be possible. Discuss.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What does that even mean

a reply to: Moongirl

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I think she means push.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Probably with a copper wire.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moongirl
How Do Scientists Pull Electromagnetic Energy? I know there must be ways for this to be possible. Discuss.

Coils. It's all done with coils.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
What does that even mean

That was my thought as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: hombero

I think she means push.

No, I mean pull

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Oh.
The answer is, they don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

They are about to find out how you pull electromagnetic, but its Not Open Knowledge yet. You will be the First to know promesse

NC

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure what you mean but opposite polarities of electrical charge attract.

Also, magnetism and electrical energy are related to each other, which is why they call it electromagnetism.

A moving magnetic field can create electron flow in a wire. The movement of electrons in a wire also causes a magnetic field. But they aren't separate, you can't really have one thing without the other.

Engineers and scientists use a quick trick called the right-hand rule to determine the relationship between current flow and magnetic flow. If you hold your right hand in a thumbs-up position:
The current flows in the direction that your thumb points and the magnetic flux wraps around the wire in the direction that your fingers point. Cool, eh!

There is another more complicated right-hand rule with your fingers pointing out that shows the relationships of force, current and magnetic field (which are at 90 degrees to each other), but it relates to the simpler version.

In old television CRT tubes, a beam of electrons is bent by a magnetic coil, called a yoke, so that the beam scans across the inside of the screen, lighting up a fast-moving phosphor dot with different brightnesses. Because of our persistence of vision, we don't see the dot but instead, we see a complete picture.

Does that explain some things?

There is also another thing called the photoelectric effect that causes electrons to radiate in particular ways. But that's better to learn from science at school. It would be hard to explain clearly in a short text message like a forum post.

edit on 16/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What I mean is how can you pull electromagnetic energy out of something

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mostly, we get electricity to flow around in loops.

But if you want it to beam out somewhere, away from conductors, that would be photoelectric effect.

Photoelectric effect
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The Sun via light and solar power i suppose, then there is plant photosynthesis.

What do you have in mind of harnessing?

edit on 16-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Still trying?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

They are about to find out how you pull electromagnetic, but its Not Open Knowledge yet. You will be the First to know promesse

NC

When are they going to start and where will it be announced?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

This may interest you.

Don't hold me to the veracity of his claims all the same as i dont know the conditions under which the device was tested.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What do you mean?

Do you want to demagnetize something, or use electromagnetic energy to power something else?

If the former; you use a demagnetizing stone or a degausser. If the latter, electromagnetism is caused by electric current, which produces more power than the magnetic field would yield, so just use the power source to power what you're trying to power.

But yo; don't listen to Phage, he just told you that you can't do something that he doesn't even know what you're asking; because you have not asked your question with enough information to discern what you're trying to do.

What are you trying to do exactly?

If you're trying to pull energy out of an electromagnet; you do so by magnetizing an object that's magnetic with your electromagnet.. The energy is briefly transferred into the magnetic material; hence why it becomes magnetic. This isn't very efficient and there will be lots of energy loss as a magnetic object will dissipate it's magnetic field fairly rapidly.

In short; you can siphon energy from an electromagnetic field by magnetizing an object with that field, and then repulsing another object that's hooked to a battery. It won't be efficient; but it can be done by a 5th grader [this was my 5th grade science project 27 years ago.] Or you can just ya know; use a magnet on a fixed track; and put your electric magnet on a pinwheel, and you have a magnetic piston engine -- that can be used to kinetically generate energy.

You'd lose more energy than you store, because there has to be a power source making your electromagnetic field; unless you created this via wind or waves; in which case you've just created hydrogeneration [water] or windmills [air].

Go away Phage. You're wrong.

There is actually a practical use for this; if the energy field is created during another process. So you could utilize the field to recuperate energy to make an individual process more efficient. This is a similar concept to kinetic energy recuperate or what they call "Regenerative breaking" in which case they use the heat and kinetic energy that's generated from braking in a car to charge the battery in an electric vehicle. The idea here would be utilizing the same principle for the electromagnetic field generated while performing a separate process; you could then make that process use less energy; as you're decreasing the loss of that energy, by recycling already lost energy.
edit on 16-3-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You know you could take it upon yourself to educate yourself to clear up any misunderstandings about properties of magnetism, electricity, and the generation of electromagnetism.

A simple Youtube or Google search would do the trick. You've already received a few decent responses, but you don't know it, because your not thinking about electromagnetism properly.

Most of the natural sources of electromagnetism are too weak to be of use. Man-made sources of electromagnetism are much stronger.

Unless you could provide a more clear line of questioning I it may be hard to figure out exactly what you are looking for.

For all intents and purposes we don't really "pull" electromagnetic energy out of anything. We definitely do use the effects of electromagnetism in a variety of ways. Mostly in what are known as switches.

In an ELI5 sort of way a conductive medium such as a copper wire is wrapped around another medium, which is called a core. When potential difference, also known as voltage,

Look here's some Google answers for you. It comes with pictures which may help you understand.

education.jlab.org...

ece.northeastern.edu...

Here's a link on how to create your very own electromagnet.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Now, it just occurred to me that you may be thinking of something similar to induction.

Induction is the one of the big ways we really put electromagnetism to use. A common type of motor is the induction motor.

For the sake of simplicity here's a video on electromagnetism.

And here's a video on induction.

And here's a video on the induction motor.

Induction motors simply put take an electrical input, and turn it into a mechanical output.

A generator, for the sake of simplicity actsin the opposite manner. Using near identical means. It takes a mechanical input, and turns it into an electrical output.
edit on 1632020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't think they do I think they use electromagnetic energy and turn it into electricity. Although you can create electromagnetic energy I don't think you can pull the energy back per se.

Electromagnetic energy is More like Trace electricity. Electricity made it magnetic. I can be completely off on this but in a nutshell this is what I have found.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
I don't think they do I think they use electromagnetic energy and turn it into electricity. Although you can create electromagnetic energy I don't think you can pull the energy back per se.

Electromagnetic energy is More like Trace electricity. Electricity made it magnetic. I can be completely off on this but in a nutshell this is what I have found.

Sure you can. Electricity creates magnetic fields, you can then convert the magnetic energy back into electricity using kinetic regeneration.

In the videos above where they talk about induction motors, they also talk about induction generators; which is exactly that, kinetic regeneration. Teslas do this. Toyota's do this to with regenerative braking, which takes the kinetic energy of the wheel being stopped by the brake, and the heat created by it, and using those two forms of energy to put energy back into the EV battery. The wheel is turning because of the electric motors, the wheel stopping creates the kinetic energy, so electricity is converted into kinetic energy to make the wheel spin, and then the brakes create friction and heat and torque from that kinetic energy and turns that back into electricity that's stored back in the battery that created the original kinetic force.

I.E. It's recycled; and yes -- not perfectly, there is loss obviously, it's not perpetual motion, but it makes the energy usage more efficient. We capture escape energy that we couldn't utilize from the initial force, which is used again to create the initial force; hence lowering the cost of energy to produce subsequent initial forces.

I.E. Magnetism is a by product of electricity; it's a conversion of energy. Energy cannot be destroyed, it can only be converted. Magnetism is not like "Trace Electricity" at all, it's a conversion of energy from flowing electrons. Electricity created magnetism, which can be converted back into electricity, which will then create magnetism, which can then be converted back into electricity. Our tools have loss because equal and opposite reactions, so you will get a linear down step in energy; but that's just because our tools aren't 100% efficient, and that's ultimately the end game in energy science, is becoming 100% efficient; because once you did that, you'd only need initial energy to start a motor, and then it would run forever solving the power crisis as we know it.
edit on 16-3-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join