It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don’t agree GTFO of this country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I will fight to the death, your right to say what you just stated in the OP.

I will also fight to the death, another persons right to disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: JON666
I don't think the founding father fought for you to bugger some other guy.

They fought for a Constitutional Republic that was intended to secure our freedoms and protect us from pure democracy which is “mob rule”. Because the sheep(mob) are so easily swayed by emotional responses.

Is that why the insurrection act was signed so quickly after the end of the war or let's put down the whiskey rebellion over taxation which was a founding reason of the revolution.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Now we have a pandemic which is slightly worse than the flu and you want to demand that I stay home and wish for the government to take such actions against my freedom.

While everything else made sense, this one crosses a line. You are being misinformed by someone about this being slightly worse than the flu. I've been analyzing the data and looking at the scientific reports (as opposed to political ones) and it is much worse than flu.

The founding fathers would not want you to put yourself and the lives of others in our nation at risk so you can go get drunk at the bar.

Although I think your main problem is that you don't emotionally comprehend how dangerous this virus is. Our hospitals could easily get overloaded, and if they do, the death rate would skyrocket to around 20%. By staying indoors and isolated, we are helping ourselves and each other and our nation by flattening the curve. Everyone still gets infected, but it takes longer, so that way our healthcare system does not get overloaded and people who need oxygen can get it.

The accepted data has COVID19 as 35 times deadlier than the flu. In addition, many more people need oxygen support at the hospital than with the flu. Obesity, smoking, age - these are all risk factors that make it more likely you will be hospitalized.

I honestly think you should be able to do what you want, but just understand that you are risking the consequences of getting yourself, possibly your friends (parents, maybe?) sick. I have a feeling you are failing to comprehend the reality of the situation here, and will have to be rudely awoken through an emotional event that happens in your own life.
edit on 16pmMon, 16 Mar 2020 18:38:44 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Freedom of speech for all viewpoints. The constitution to make sure mob rule doesn’t strip my freedoms.

But will you fight to the death to protect the constitution from mob rule?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Where do you get this information?

I think you are being lied to by the same news agency that pushed Russia for ratings.

link   

Freedom of speech for all viewpoints. The constitution to make sure mob rule doesn’t strip my freedoms.

I took two oaths in my life.

One to honor and cherish my wife, and the other to protect and defend the US Constitution.

Neither came with an end-clause.

link   

I am not in your country, not interested in visiting either
Plenty of other places to see

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I took two oaths in my life.

One to honor and cherish my wife, and the other to protect and defend the US Constitution.

Neither came with an end-clause.

I will be there by your side if it ever comes too it. I’m usually a pacifist but would prefer to die than see this country return to authoritarian fascism.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As an active duty military member, I'm appalled by your lack of consideration to your fellow man. Your interpretation of upholding the constitution is putting many people's lives at risk. For what? So you can say that you stood up to "the man"? Get a f**king grip and realize that you are not only putting yourself--- no we won't even discuss you -- but your family and your country at risk.

You seem to forget the older generation that fought and died for what we have now. Your lack of character and perseverance are shameful and your moral compass is absolutely broken if you think preserving your life is worth the lives of others who aren't capable of defending their own. You need to sit back and take a look at the big picture my friend -- but I'm sure you'll brush this off as some fantasy you're currently living.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ultimately, we're at a personal politics crossroads. People who claim to love the Constitution so much as to fap to it need to re-evaluate just HOW dedicated they are to it.

I have a feeling there's more RINOS and DINOS out there than just maligned politicians.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I do not care if I spread some plague to humanity as I exercise my freedoms.

If your freedoms entail negatively effecting others as you go about exercising them, then they are not freedoms - they are a hazard to society therefore you are the problem, not humanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Amen

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I am not afraid to die. I do not care if I spread some plague to humanity as I exercise my freedoms. My freedoms are more important to me than your fears.

And youll be the reason there is a forced quarantine backed by the military, because idiots like you are too stupid to be left to their own devices during a plague.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

And I’m sure you believe that we should all live in bubbles afraid of every disease and let the government dictate what, when and how we live.

A mortality rate of 3.5%, which only includes people who actually went to get tested because they were sick, is no greater risk than a combination of many other diseases that kill people each year that are spread through contact with other humans.

So I am putting at worse 3.5% of the population at risk.

A new disease will come every couple of years. The world needs to shut down because everyone is afraid of what is natural to the human condition? We get sick we die it’s natural.

Like I said to another poster. If this was actually the apocalyptic disease that some people want everyone to believe maybe I would think differently.

But this is just another disease to go along with all the others that spread from person to person killing people every year.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

I am not afraid to die. I do not care if I spread some plague to humanity as I exercise my freedoms. My freedoms are more important to me than your fears.

And youll be the reason there is a forced quarantine backed by the military, because idiots like you are too stupid to be left to their own devices during a plague.

I am too stupid to deserve freedom? I’m not sure I’ve read that in the constitution that was written to guarantee even the ignorant freedom.

I personally believe you are the one who is ignorantly following a narrative that can only lead to your enslavement.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I am too stupid to deserve freedom? I’m not sure I’ve read that in the constitution that was written to guarantee even the ignorant freedom.

You dont seem to understand the constitution.

I personally believe you are the one who is ignorantly following a narrative that can only lead to your enslavement.

Judging by your past posts and how abjectly ignorant they are , I would have to say what you "believe" is of no consequence to me kiddo

(post by SailorJerry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I do believe in a wealth cap. The only way to avoid the collapse of an economy is put caps in place that keep people from gathering and hording the financial tool(money) that makes the system work.

I believe that we are all part of society and that no one person can become wealthy without society. I always believe in natural scientific progression which means that everything that was invented is based on a progression of scientific advances not one mans intelligence.

I also believe that entertainers and athletes exist because of the system so that the system itself is more import than the individual. So those who benefit most from the system should be obligated to contribute to the development and continuation of the system.

Like I’ve already said several times. If this was a true apocalyptic disease I may have a different opinion. But to give up my freedoms for something that statistically is not more dangerous than some of the other diseases we have had in the past, I’m not buying the narrative. At this time there exists a false narrative that giving up my freedoms is for some greater good.

I would sacrifice my life on a cross for the whole world to see if their was some greater good to be had. But I will die to protect my freedoms from a fascist mob.

And I think you are taking what I’ve said completely out of context to what is actually happening in the world. Which was the only reason for this rant in the first place.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When I read stuff like this it always takes me back to a movie that I can't remember the name of.

An alien dressed up as a man comes knocking on your door. He offers you 1 million $ if you press the button he has with him on a certain device. He also tells you that 1 random person anywhere on earth will die if you do.
Everyone he asks presses the button, making logical twists in their mind to justify why they deserve that million bucks, even if one random hobo on earth should die for it.
Until they see their spouse, mother, father, friend or whoever in their immediate vicinity die.
Now you just traded your mother's life for 1 million $.

Your attitude seems to be quite the same. By your numbers 3 out of a 100 people die, just because you want to exercise your "freedom". Do you really find that logical?
My freedom entails a government that protects me and mine and every one of my fellow countrymen. If that entails me spending a couple weeks in quarantine then what's the big deal.

As a poster above already said, I think you're not understanding the impact this bug can have on a healthcare system. All these other diseases you mention, we've been living with them for decades if not longer. This one is totally new, really infectious and we have no defences built up for it yet.
The healthcare system in Italy for example is being overwhelmed. Go talk to a nurse or a doctor over there and then come back and tell us how evil the government is for making us stay home a couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I do not care if I spread some plague to humanity as I exercise my freedoms. My freedoms are more important to me than 

Then you won't mind if I use my rights to defend myself from your bull#.
*click-click*
That was me using my remote to change the channel, and the second click was because I wanted to adjust the volume because I changed it to a really awesome channel and I wanna turn it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join