It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not one covid19 case in West Virginia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Cuz all the white lightning is run through copper pipes...duh.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Even though commercial labs such as Labcorp and some hospital labs have been approved they may not be ready. The State lab can test now. You still have to meet CDC protocols before one can be tested. Don't know what the protocols are. Very few in WV have travelled to China. Cruises and the beach - yes. If obesity becomes a risk factor for being put in ICU it doesn't bode well for many residents.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Morgantown just got its first confirmed case. That said, lack of testing was a major reason. Morgantown is about 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh, so it was inevitable that it would get it. Once it gets in the state, it will spread south like wild fire along the I-79 corridor, then west to huntington on rt 50. You can also expect the other major routes to spread it. WV has a couple of major highways that help spread the virus. Morgantown, Charleston, and Huntington are going to be the major hubs, since Motown, Fairmont, Clarksburg are so close and Charlestown is next stop on I-79 basically. Huntington is right beside Ohio.

Camain

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

You are skipping Wheeling and it is already in Belmont Co. Ohio...So, you can figure it is already in Wheeling.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
dhhr.wv.gov...a reply to: camain

50 miles south of Morgantown here, I have seen no reports of a confirmed case in Morgantown can you tell us your source.

edit on 3/17/2020 by HillbillyFreak because: Added link to WVDHHR page about virus

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
How many tests have they done?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: HillbillyFreak

I thought I saw something on WBOY. I got alot of family in WV, grew up there before moving out. Could be speculation i guess, I just find it old with the proximity to Pittsburgh there are no cases yet. I think there are, and just don't know it yet. We will see, could be the water makes for stronger folks
. I remember during the summer drinking water from the streams. When I got older, you could actually see little critters in there if you look hard enough lol.

Camain

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It's due to lack of testing. I don't know what the current numbers are, but as of last Friday only 31 tests had been performed and only five of those had been processed.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

80 negative test and 4 still waiting for results, as of 4:30pm 3/16/2020

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
West Virginia now has its first positive case.
first positive
edit on 3/17/2020 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
West Virginia now has its first positive case.
local News

This was announced with glee by CNN's wolf blister. He then went on to say that now President Trump has one less positive thing to talk about.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HillbillyFreak

80 negative test and 4 still waiting for results, as of 4:30pm 3/16/2020

84 total tests 1.82 million people. Why so little testing

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

They, are not going to waste a test on someone who is showing no symptoms.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just thought I'd let everyone know that WV now has its first confirmed cases.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
perhaps its because they are a pro-life state ??

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That's hardly wasting it. There is a town in Italy that stopped the spread of the virus using mass testing to identify exactly who had it and who didn't allowing the government to make truly informed decisions about which actions need to be taken and where. Mass testing should be taking place everywhere.
Correct and up to date information is crucial.
edit on 3/20/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's not how this works. Some people do not show symptoms until much much later if ever. In this environment everybody is suspect till proven otherwise

top topics

<< 1   >>

join