It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Martial Law?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No , in Like a Past Post Tense............

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

To clarify for you. This is the first time it has been done at a National Level. You are correct it has been done for Hurricanes or Natural Disasters . This is the first time it has been declared for the entire US.

Link

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Because it's not a national quarantine. It's people spreading BS for no reason beyond that they can. I first saw a variant of this a couple weeks ago. People were freaking out about it then, and the claim was that they heard it from an Uber driver of all places.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yes, but it's exactly the same. Unless the driver is on a documented emergency load, all regulations still apply. Nothing has changed for the industry. As of now, I haven't heard of anyone pulling emergency supplies under the declaration.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

that's messed up.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shooterbrody

Under Martial Law, the Federal Government can enforce a national curfew and manage food supplies and distribution chains.

Under a state of national emergency we no longer have our normal rights either!!! Martial law does not even need to be spoke of. The shelter in place orders will be followed or they will move on to full military enforcement if its not taken serious enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just wanted to follow up real quick with the OP - did you get in touch with your friend and ask him wtf happened? Inquiring minds want to know...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What's happening in China and Europe seems to be close to martial law no?

We received a letter from our government saying we are not allowed to leave the house without a valid permit and reason ( medical, labor or to buy food).
If not you will receive a fine up to 3000€, you will be arrested and put into jail.

This change happened over the weekend, it didn't took weeks.

edit on 17-3-2020 by intergalactic fire because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
so uh the "shelter in place" in the san fransisco bay area .....is that not martial law?
or do we need an official statement from someone saying such?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No. Under Martial Law the military takes over law enforcement and day to day operations. Shelter in place is basically quarantine.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
oh
so it is a voluntary "shelter in place"?
until it is not....
www.smcgov.org...
IS THIS MANDATORY OR IS IT JUST GUIDANCE?

It is mandatory. This Order is a legal Order issued under the authority of California law. You are required to comply, and it is a misdemeanor crime not to follow the order (although the intent is not for anyone to get into trouble).

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T COMPLY WITH THIS ORDER?

You can be fined or imprisoned

edit on 17/3/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I never said it was voluntary. But it's still not martial law. You can parse it however you want and it still won't be.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

fair enough
thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I work in the Kansas and my boss works in San Fransisco. She said the atmosphere is eerie...but her and her family are doing OK for now, just following directions and hoping for the best.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

the Kansas

rough place I hear

in San Fransisco

equally as rough I hear

I hope the best for all involved!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In Austin, they just shut down the restaurants and bars. Still open for pickup and delivery at some locations.

If you’re caught going to a bar or restaurant or caught in a group of over 10 people, it’s a $1000 fine.

How is this not a form of Marshall law?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Because Marshall law isnt a thing.

And update since I started this thread...

Multiple states and cities have, in 24hrs, banned bar/restaurant dining service with the exception of take out/delivery. CA has issued shelter in place lockdowns. NYC is begging the feds to activate the military and urging residents to shelter in place while advising the public that it will be mandatory soon.

This is precisely what I was saying. Yesterday began the slow process of orders and advisories from local governments that will lead to a softened blow of a martial law announcement.

Anyway... time will tell.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DevolutionEvolvd
Yesterday began the slow process of orders and advisories from local governments that will lead to a softened blow of a martial law announcement.

Yeah, sure it will. Just can't admit that your story was BS, can you?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have nothing to gain making up a story on a conspiracy forum website. Ive been a member of this site long enough for others to know I dont make # up. Haha... I'm happy to admit I was given false information if it doesnt come to fruition.

But, so far, what i was told is happening in the timeframe i was told it would. In fact, during many public announcements included language being repeated "this can/will change in 2 days"

But sure, keep thinking I'm fabricating stories to gain popularity or brownie points on ATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

Same variation on the story making the rounds on social media.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join