It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Martial Law?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reporter: "Are you considering a nationwide quarantine or lockdown?"

The President: "No, we're not."

Reporter: "What about what that poster's friend on ATS said?"

The President: "He's full of crap."

edit on 16-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Not quite on the trucking bit. Yes, they are exempt from regulations, but it's not that straightforward. Only trucks that are carrying freight directly related to the declared emergency are exempt from regulation. That's standard practice any time a state of emergency is declared, no matter what level it's on. It lasts the duration of the emergency.
edit on 3/16/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Martial law not in my state. Beaches are PACKED spring break is here. They will probably do it after the public, FAILS to voluntarily stay out of large groups, defy curfews etc. I would not be suprised. Ya the title of this topic is a little fear mongering 😒 I think all of us already know tighter restrictions are coming without the impending doom topic, my friends cousins, wife’s brother’s cousin’s son heard blah...

edit on 16-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2020 by Tim2win because: link didnt work

Spain have deployed the army over here to control/clean the streets.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Tim2win because: link didnt work

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JinMI

I got several emails from my banks and creditors last week on the "Corona Virus", assuring customers that all is well, but also urging customers to use ATMs cautiously and recommended taking advantages of online services as much as possible.

I received a similar email from my bank last week stating that they were following all sanitation procedures, tellers were using sanitizer, etc. Two days ago I received one that they would be closing the lobby until mid-April, so please use the drive thru and ATM until then.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
DOW30 down 2997 points today !!!!!

It's the economy stupid !!! 🤓 🦚

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
UPDATE from stepson (just came home) on friend in National Guard...he said his friend was reporting a rumor he heard circulating in the NG.
NO actual evidence of mobilization in Ohio in 48 hrs.
REPEAT...
NO actual evidence of mobilization in Ohio in 48 hrs.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Some of us know that there are some toilet tissue packs in MRE’s. Ohio is not a safe place right now.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The president said at his press conference this after noon experts are telling him that the virus Hysteria could last until August.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The president said at his press conference this after noon experts are telling him that the virus Hysteria could last until August.

We just need to recognize a definite plateau and decline in the infection curve...for things to begin getting back to normal.
Hopefully, that will happen by early April.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmm, A co-worker of mine knows a girl that's married to someone working for the CDC, and apparently told him something similar.

I don't buy it necessarily, but I do find the coincidence interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha

some innovative restaurantures are offering a pick up only service.
Call in pick up or get delivery.
Keep the salsa flowing.

This particular group of restaurateurs are worried about legal liability. They do boutique style restaurants in touristy areas, whose menu feature trendy chefs and prices reflect ambiance more than a big plate of comfort food, like Applebee's, Chilis or Red Robin.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Can everyone who posts an update of their area PLEASE tell us what area that is???

It does no good for anyone by just saying, "Our governor" or "our stores and businesses".

You don't have to disclose your GPS coordinates for Pete's sake, but a general idea would be nice.

Otherwise, YES, you are simply spreading fear and rumors.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

This is nothing short of fear mongering. A blatant attempt to cause panic. My partner and I had to calm my step daughter because her cousin texted her. I kid you not, this is what she said. "I just got a text from _____. She said a friend of her friend got a message from her uncle who is in the military. He has friends in the military in DC. They were in a meeting with the President and a national quarantine will be instituted in the next 48-72 hours."

We had to calm her down. We went online and found multiple reports of a false report being texted. It's gone viral but it is false. This is pure evil designed to send the public into a panic.

I get that some people disagree with the Trump administration's response. That's fine. We all have a right to disagree, but this spreading false rumors crap needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And when it comes August, those same experts will be saying the virus Hysteria could last until Tuesday, November 3, 2020.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

This is nothing short of fear mongering. A blatant attempt to cause panic. My partner and I had to calm my step daughter because her cousin texted her. I kid you not, this is what she said. "I just got a text from _____. She said a friend of her friend got a message from her uncle who is in the military. He has friends in the military in DC. They were in a meeting with the President and a national quarantine will be instituted in the next 48-72 hours."

We had to calm her down. We went online and found multiple reports of a false report being texted. It's gone viral but it is false. This is pure evil designed to send the public into a panic.

I get that some people disagree with the Trump administration's response. That's fine. We all have a right to disagree, but this spreading false rumors crap needs to stop.

How is a national quarantine "pure evil" if designed to protect millions from spreading a deadly disease?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

..." but those of you who know me, know I that I'm not one for hyperbole and definitely wouldn't just make something up."

Oh Really ? I Beg to Differ . I KNOW You .........

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Oh Really ? I Beg to Differ . I KNOW You .........

Like, in a Biblical sense?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
Because it is false and is causing a panic. People are being encouraged to make a rush to the stores and buy up supplies. This causes people to actually all run to the store at the same time so their are people crowding together. Doing the opposite of what they should. Getting into large groups and could actually make the spread worse.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join