It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Martial Law?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Dont forget the margaritas!

Things are calm out here in the Shenandoah valley - I usually commute into the DC area for work but on the plus side with full telework right now I get a lot more family time. They did close the private school my toddler goes to - right now for 2 weeks.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Too pretty,yeah right.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

ETA #2 - RT article from hours ago

DING DING DING.

The messages, citing insider information from “military friends up in DC,” and warning of nothing less than a “two week mandatory quarantine for the nation,” fell on fertile ground. It immediately became a hot topic on social media as people posted thousands of messages on the topic. Some rushed to break the “bad news” or to wonder if anyone else received the disturbing message. Others said that many of their friends forwarded the messages to them.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

If that's what it is, then that's what it is. If mods want to delete the thread, have at it. I trust my source... perhaps he was misled as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Too pretty,yeah right.

It's all the lotion I rub on my skin.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mamabeth
Too pretty,yeah right.

It's all the lotion I rub on my skin.

Put the lotion in the basket.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Funny how a lot of these trending Twitter hashtags begin when this side of the world is mostly asleep...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If they're going to implement Martial Law, why would they announce it on TV ? 🎯 🤧 😷

Yeah, if it were ever implemented, I seriously doubt they would say the words "Martial Law," but rather the measures they would take, which are characteristic of it.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I got a similar text yesterday saying essentially the same thing. A family member has a friend at the CDC who’s was in a meeting yesterday. They said that there will be an announcement today of a nationwide 14 day quarantine. Similar to what Italy has.

I also received a text from a friend who’s brother in law works with the White House and he echoed the same thing. Think of it what you will.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
What possible purpose would that have? Recommending that we all self-quarantine to help slow down the spread is one thing, I think you'd see a major uprising if it led to country-wide curfews.

Maybe that’s what they want. Gun grab.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I did just see on the news the Feds are considering a nationwide curfew.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DevolutionEvolvd
a reply to: FauxMulder

If that's what it is, then that's what it is. If mods want to delete the thread, have at it. I trust my source... perhaps he was misled as well.

Perhaps if your story didn’t mirror a story that’s been circulating for hours and hours before you posted, it might be a bit more believable. I’m not saying that I don’t think there will be further measures put in place or something, because I very much do expect that.

But I find your story a little too parallel with the story in the article to accept at face value. Guess we’ll see in an hour.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Folks, we saw the president walk out with the heads of CVS, Walgreens and WalMart. They have all signed on to help the US. To stay open. He just reversed legislation to allow for trucking to by pass restrictions.

The government has done this in waves.

First it was colleges. Then local schools. Then it was sports. Then theme parks. Then international air travel. Now it is restaurants and bars. Next it will be curfews. Then it will be domestic travel. If you do it over the course of two-three weeks it is 'accepted' much easier by the general public..as well as the media. I am sure CNN has the bits cued up when it is finally announced.

I know that in the industry I am in people are very very worried that everything in the US will effectively shut down for the next 2-3 months.

Nothing we can do but ride it out and hope it does not affect anyone close to us.

Remember, they shut down Boston over a terror attack.

Retail workers are unsung heros right now!

Hospitals may turn their back on you but Walmart never will, nor will they provide their employees with any protection whatsoever!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DevolutionEvolvd

I believe it. I heard Governor Cuomo practically demand it from the Federal Government, this morning in his address.

That guy is a Mussolini wanna'be. Him and his brother.. I would hate to be in that state when he fires up the ovens..

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
New Jersey "strongly" discouraging travel after 8pm !!!!!!!!!!!!

Governor very direct 🤧 🥶

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How in the world can they shut down state to state travel?

Its easy after you shoot the first few and leave them in the road....

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
here in canada the PM is making an announcement at 1pm EST. Wonder if it's related

a reply to: KKLOCO

Yep, I heard non-citizens are out but US citizens are exempt. I get my beer just over the border in Windsor so I almost panicked I wouldn't get my Molson Maple Leaf! All is good, thanks Canada!..

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Governor very direct 🤧 🥶

What sense does 8pm make? wtf?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole

Governor very direct 🤧 🥶

What sense does 8pm make? wtf?

Dark.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just back from PetSmart with enough kibble to feed the two yappers and the family for a month...It's chicken!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join