It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA CoronaVirus-19 Crisis Is Being Taken Advantage of By Several Entities.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Presidential candidate Joe Biden is holding his own regular press briefings on the virus. Over the weekend he issued a dire warning.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Someone should ask Joe about the post analysis of the H1N1 from 2009.
I look forward to seeing Joe at the debates, if he makes it that far.

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Presidential candidate Joe Biden is holding his own regular press briefings on the virus. Over the weekend he issued a dire warning.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: scrounger

How large is the dataset your using...and how do your predictions conform to observation?

I love how youve lengthily and colour coded your reply

But what data are you basing your 'hypothesis' that this is not as bad as the flu?

3 months of spurious data and a global response pandemic.

Am i missing something?

First thank you for an adult and civil discussion...
sadly not as common as it used to be on ATS

second.. thank you for noticing the color coded reply... I use it to make each point seperate (something helps those in debate and harder for some to deflect from).

third ... sadly you are missing something.
one good thing out of the panic and slanted reporting is that the hard numbers are clearly reported .
divided by deaths, infected , world, nations and in US by even states updated daily.
Thanks to the internet not only easy to get, but easy to see past articles with past predicitons and numbers.
then as easy to look up in USA is numbers of infection, death, hospital admittance of the common flu .

then just takes time and effort (very minimal) to compair HARD REPORTED NUMBERS of corvid 19 vs the "predictions" .

then to compare hard number in US of corvid 19 infections and death ratio and even by state vs predictions and even the common flu.

by any logic the "predicitons" have been not only wrong, but dead (no pun intended) wrong.

then add the fact IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE to the current flu deaths , hospitalization and infected within the US.

let me leave you with this small fact in just IL

IL averages 3,500 deaths YEARLY from the "flu"
current deaths from corvid 19 is 1285 infected and 12 (let me say again 12) dead.
the deaths are not even half a percent of average flu deaths in IL
the deaths are not even 1 percent of current infected vs death ratio.
I could go on on how off predictions , but I hope you get the point.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

Why this obsession in comparing influenza with Corvid-19? Two different things.

One is occurring annually and there is a vaccine which mostly works, while the other is new, more contagious and more lethal with a chance of significant harm if left unchecked to rampage through the population.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

as for covid19 comes from the corona virus family and the "flu" comes from the influenza family you are correct.. but as for two "different things" in effect and who is most vulnerable your quite wrong.. both have "flu like" symptoms (give or take) with same outcomes that are undistinguishable unless you get test to determine EXACTLY WHAT your suffering from. As for "obsession" if your implying pointing out hard numbers/FACT from "predictions" it seems you need to learn what definition of "obsession" is. unless your using the logic of orwellion newspeak.

One is occurring annually

quite correct.

and there is a vaccine which mostly works,

um not exactly that effective.. on average 40 percent with many years they guessed WRONG.

while the other is new, more contagious and more lethal with a chance of significant harm if left unchecked to rampage through the population.

Based on what HARD FACTS do you continue to repeat this claim?

because as I pointed out as of 5:26 am CST today

corvid 19 US
infected .. 46,168
fatalities ... 582

percent of infected to fatalities .... less than one percent (if want to be accurate .01 percent)

common flu US
from october 1 to march 14 (note the range CDC says is due to the range of influenza viruses and not all are reported) and not the end of the season

38 to 54 MILLION illnesses
17 to 25 MILLION medical visits
390 to 710 thousand THOUSAND hospitalizations
23 to 59 THOUSAND DEATHS.

last year/season the death count was 61 THOUSAND and the year before that 72 THOUSAND in USA

so the cold hard facts are covid 19 is NO WAY DEADLIER or more contagious (based on cold hard numbers) than the flu has been in this year ALONE, much less than the year before that.

but did anyone call this year or previous two years for
closing schools ... NO
closing businesses serving food in house..... NO
closing "non essential businesses"..... NO
ordering people to "stay in place".... NO
closing parks....................... NO
claiming medical facilities will be overwhelmed
and run out of ventilators ......................NO
calls for more and longer times on restrictions... NO
all under FORCE OF LAW aka arrest................ NO again

but we have to date only 582 deaths (and yes there will be more) to date and all this is being done...

so what appears to be uncomfortable to some people and an inconvenient HARD COLD FACT IS THIS.

when 61 thousand US CITIZENS DIED from THE FLU ... no one (based on the current actions ) GAVE A CRAP

when only 582 died (in my state if IL its only 19) then we are willing to harm literally MILLIONS financially, educationally, and freedoms...

you dont see the hypocrisy and overreactions ? REALLY?

I dont relish any deaths that have happened, have elderly medically compromised relatives, or any deaths that will happen.

but i am for RATIONAL actions that will aid the most people and will not harm more than it helps.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

as for covid19 comes from the corona virus family and the "flu" comes from the influenza family you are correct.. but as for two "different things" in effect and who is most vulnerable your quite wrong.. both have "flu like" symptoms (give or take) with same outcomes that are undistinguishable unless you get test to determine EXACTLY WHAT your suffering from. As for "obsession" if your implying pointing out hard numbers/FACT from "predictions" it seems you need to learn what definition of "obsession" is. unless your using the logic of orwellion newspeak.

One is occurring annually

quite correct.

and there is a vaccine which mostly works,

um not exactly that effective.. on average 40 percent with many years they guessed WRONG.

while the other is new, more contagious and more lethal with a chance of significant harm if left unchecked to rampage through the population.

because as I pointed out as of 5:26 am CST today

corvid 19 US
infected .. 46,168
fatalities ... 582

percent of infected to fatalities .... less than one percent (if want to be accurate .01 percent)

common flu US
from october 1 to march 14 (note the range CDC says is due to the range of influenza viruses and not all are reported) and not the end of the season

38 to 54 MILLION illnesses
17 to 25 MILLION medical visits
390 to 710 thousand THOUSAND hospitalizations
23 to 59 THOUSAND DEATHS.

last year/season the death count was 61 THOUSAND and the year before that 72 THOUSAND in USA

so the cold hard facts are covid 19 is NO WAY DEADLIER or more contagious (based on cold hard numbers) than the flu has been in this year ALONE, much less than the year before that.

but did anyone call this year or previous two years for
closing schools ... NO
closing businesses serving food in house..... NO
closing "non essential businesses"..... NO
ordering people to "stay in place".... NO
closing parks....................... NO
claiming medical facilities will be overwhelmed
and run out of ventilators ......................NO
calls for more and longer times on restrictions... NO
all under FORCE OF LAW aka arrest................ NO again

but we have to date only 582 deaths (and yes there will be more) to date and all this is being done...

so what appears to be uncomfortable to some people and an inconvenient HARD COLD FACT IS THIS.

when 61 thousand US CITIZENS DIED from THE FLU ... no one (based on the current actions ) GAVE A CRAP

when only 582 died (in my state if IL its only 19) then we are willing to harm literally MILLIONS financially, educationally, and freedoms...

you dont see the hypocrisy and overreactions ? REALLY?

I dont relish any deaths that have happened, have elderly medically compromised relatives, or any deaths that will happen.

but i am for RATIONAL actions that will aid the most people and will not harm more than it helps.

scrounger

I think something being ignored by corona-deniers is that the hospitals have not all been fully overwhelmed yet. We’re in the beginning stages of this and people have been able to get the care they need to pull through. How much more time do we have before hospitals are at full capacity? Cuomo in NY is already ordering hospitals to take on an extra 50% of their capacity. It’s not long before other states start running into the same problem.

Meanwhile, you’ve got members on here bragging about how they won’t have their freedoms restricted and are still carrying on about their daily life as they always have. While I’m not looking forward to mass people dying, I’m quite curious on how well those posts will age over the next 2 months.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

… percent of infected to fatalities .... less than one percent (if want to be accurate .01 percent)

Um. My point is that flu and Covid-19 are different things, so it's pointless to compare and in so doing suggest that Covid-19 is unimportant. The fact that Covid-19 is more contagious and deadly than flu is based on the reporting of the known facts.

It's a silly position to put yourself in when you demand HARD FACTS from people when you are standing a pretty shaky ground yourself. You are relying on statistics which are meaningless unless considered longitudinally – snapshots just prove the age-old phrase “lies, damned lies, and statistics”.

The point the Covid-19 naysayers fail to understand is that left unchecked there is a good chance the disease could cause more misery than flu, not just for the people who die, but for some of the survivors who will end up with life-long lung damage.

Now, people do give a crap. It is why across the world there is such focus on flu vaccinations and prevention. To a significant extent flu is controlled in the developed world, including the US where the norm is 20-40K deaths, with last year with 61K deaths an exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join