It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA CoronaVirus-19 Crisis Is Being Taken Advantage of By Several Entities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Monday, March 16, 2020

Since January 21st, when CoronaVirus-19 was first diagnosed in the USA, there have been 3,800 cases diagnosed. Of those 3,800, 99% of them are "mild"...not requiring hospitalization. Of the 142 individuals who did require hospitalization, 69 of them died. The others have recovered.

Source - Updates hourly: www.worldometers.info...

In the United States, the closest relative to CoronaVirus-19 is the "common Flu". Since this past October, the Flu has afflicted a minimum 36 million Americans, causing 370,000 hospitalizations, and sadly, 22,000 deaths.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

By comparison, CoronaVirus-19 is no more deadly within the United States, than the common flu is.

But the U.S. Mainstream Media took how deadly Covid-19 was in China (and now Italy), and day after day, whipped Americans into a state of fear, by declaring that the same high level of sickness and death, was imminent in this country. And they continue fomenting fear of an imminent U.S. health disaster to this day.

The National Basketball Association (NBA) cancelled its season. The NCAA cancelled "March Madness" college Basketball playoffs. Scores of events were cancelled across the country. Universities and K-12 schools across America began shutting down.

This caused panic shopping runs for basic essential items, thereby emptying shelves at major retailers and grocery stores, across the country.

The Trump Administration then decided to declare a National Emergency...which freed up an additional $40 Billion dollars to "fight CoronaVirus", augmenting the $8.8 Billion emergency funds approved by Congress, a few days before.

So here we are today, with several entities working to take advantage of this domestic "crisis" that was ginned up by the U.S. Mainstream Media.

As Winston Churchill and Rahm Emmanuel said: "Never let a serious crisis go to waste!"

In my opinion, here is who's attempting to get mileage out of our current CoronaVirus-19 Crisis:

-Governors - Get as much of the $48.8 Billion National Emergency Declaration funds as possible..no matter who is inconvenienced, or financially damaged in the state.

-MSM - Bash Trump's Covid-19 Response, in order to Help Dem Candidate Joe Biden, since the Russia, Ukraine, Racist, Campaign finance attempts to damage President Trump were all duds.

-Democrats - Bash Trump's Covid-19 Response, in order to Help Biden, since Russia, Ukraine, Racist, Campaign finance, etc.. were all duds.

-Basketball - We just hate Trump and want to do our part in generating mass hysteria under his watch.

-Investors - We'll use this crisis to sell, then buy cheap, making us even wealthier.

-Trump Admin - Covid-19 is a nothing-burger in the U.S., but we'll use it to show how wonderfully we handled the "crisis", by throwing everything we have at it.

It's interesting how so many disparate entities have the same mindset, to get as much mileage or money, out of this "crisis" as possible.

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In the United States, the closest relative to CoronaVirus-19 is the "common Flu". Since this past October, the Flu has afflicted a minimum 36 million Americans, causing 370,000 hospitalizations, and sadly, 22,000 deaths.

When you say "related" I assume you don't mean flu and Coronavirus share anything except some of the symptoms are similar. They are not genetically related.

The current concern appears to be the fact that if the Coronavirus is unchecked then it will have a greater impact and toll in life and misery than flu. Coronavirus is more infectious and spreads quicker. Additionally, common flu has a mortality rate of 0.05%, while Coronavirus seems to have a mortality rate of 2-3%, so significantly worse.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh boy...where to begin...

You're country folk and will likely survive this, and just shows why humanity will never evolve...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is going to be unpopular not only with me for sticking my toe in this political crap, but for others who may read this, but I gotta say it.

The President has been playing good cop bad cop.

Period.

As far as those entities you mentioned, its basketball ALL THE WAY.

Been saying it for years, but no one would listen.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're country folk and will likely survive this, and just shows why humanity will never evolve...

Might be a run on 'home delivered' Pizza mate

You're in the front row for that where you are.

I'll supply the wood!

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Hopefully the U.S. government (CDC) will let us know when the MSM-predicted carnage in America won't happen, so things can begin returning to normal.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

For some reason, your words brought gratification, LOL.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Might be a run on 'home delivered' Pizza mate

You're in the front row for that where you are.

I'll supply the wood!

Kind regards,

Bally

The story of my life, somewhere just behind the curve.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

For some reason, your words brought gratification, LOL.

It's proof diversity is why we people continue to thrive...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

There is no relationship between corona virus and influenza virus.
Except they are both virus.
That's like saying that chicken pox and aids are relatives.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Ummm..the panic store runs happened before the cancellation of sports and school closures. Heck, the hand sanitizer disappearing was one of the first events in the timeline of american events!!
So, before you blame the governors, the news media, lol.. NBA or NCAA, and all the others...
Maybe you should blame those enterprising nit wits who had the foresight and thought it was such a great idea to clean out the stores of masks and sanitizers thinking they could make their fortune selling for two or three times their cost online...

And.. I dont want to talk about the NCAA march madness.. this probably just killed my former employer!!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Hopefully the U.S. government (CDC) will let us know when the MSM-predicted carnage in America won't happen, so things can begin returning to normal.

A return to normalcy isn't going to be that easy at this point, unless it happens THIS WEEK.

For a generation of sniveling, entitled "justice" bots, there's going to be some serious PTSD coming....BELIEVE IT. Some of it real, but I imagine most of it will be fabricated to garner undue sympathy for absolutely nothing.

Can we even say what "normal" will be, or look like after all this?

I can only speculate, but its going to take some time for everyone regardless.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

We haven't been "normal" since the bush housing bust.
Our economy has been on life support ever since. Maybe a good pandemic is just what we need toconvinde us to pull the plug and let it die so we can start rebuilding

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I guess you need to edit the Wikipedia entry for Coronavirus?

Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

When you say "related" I assume you don't mean flu and Coronavirus share anything except some of the symptoms are similar. They are not genetically related.

first your playing word games / deflection... yes the corono virus is different then the "flu" that is the influenza virus family... but that does not change that (for the most part) the symptoms and medial issues are nearly identical.. close enough to be almost indistingushable without tests. in short different song same verse

The current concern appears to be the fact that if the Coronavirus is unchecked then it will have a greater impact and toll in life and misery than flu.

define "unchecked" ? the common flu is (compared to the current actions of corona) is not checked at all... the infection and deaths are MUCH GREATER by factors of 10 or more and NO ACTIONS EVEN REMOTELY are taken as compared with corona..

Coronavirus is more infectious and spreads quicker.

this is one thing that seems (at least with information available) to be true..

Additionally, common flu has a mortality rate of 0.05%, while Coronavirus seems to have a mortality rate of 2-3%, so significantly worse.

not so fast skippy on this standard used line.. If one cares to remember initial reports were quoting the mortality rate as (depending on what report) 10 percent (give or take). since the initial reports the rate of mortality HAS BEEN DROPPING rapidly to the 2 to 3 percent your quoting. that is a drop (if you care to be honest) of 7 to 8 percent . that means in REAL FACTS that as more are shown to be "infected" , the death rate has not kept up . in fact DROPPING. along with most of those dying are ALREADY MEDICALLY COMPROMISED . those SAME PEOPLE die from the flu, pneumonia and other medical diseases.. the YOUNG and healthy have SHOWN (for the most part) to be ok. In fact we still dont know how many have had it and got over it. Along with how many really do have it. so to claim "higher mortality rate than the flu" is at best a THEORY , not proven fact

The cold hard reality is that the mortality rate is DROPPING, the actual amount of deaths is mostly limited to those medically compromised (thus vulnerable to any pathogen) and the actual numbers of deaths is NO WHERE NEAR THE FLU of years past.

but yet we are willing to sacrifice our liberty , rights and common fornicating sense to "protect us".

sorry the FACTS dont support the actions taken

like killing a fly with a flame thrower.

scrounger

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So long as you wash your hands, care...

Nothing else matters

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

How large is the dataset your using...and how do your predictions conform to observation?

I love how youve lengthily and colour coded your reply

But what data are you basing your 'hypothesis' that this is not as bad as the flu?

3 months of spurious data and a global response pandemic.

Am i missing something?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I hate these type of posts. Use your common sense. Yes i know a lot of people do lack common sense. It happens to everyone at some point in time.

The flu has been around for ages and is constantly mutating. It's already prevalent throughout all society.
0.10% mortality rate.

Along comes this Novel Corona virus. It's not prevalent throughout all society. It's new. And it's starting to spread. It's more infectious... Currently, the R0 for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease COVID-19, is estimated at about 2.2, meaning a single infected person will infect about 2.2 others, on average. By comparison, the flu has an R0 of 1.3.
It's more deadly. Italy currently has a 7.9% mortality rate. China who has had it the longest has a 4% mortality rate. Iran 5.2. U.S 1.8%.

More contagious than the flu, and much more deadly. And it is just getting started.

Currently it hasn't done as much damage as the flu. But it is just getting started. the normal flu strains have already spread to all corners of the globe.

You can't compare apples with oranges.
edit on 16-3-2020 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Can you HONESTLY remember what "normal" was back then?

I can't.

I'm sure very few do. It's been one crazy, distracting, disruptive, unbelievable, incredibly horrible scenario after another over the last 20 years...

It wasn't even "normal" before the outbreak of this virus.

That brings me back to my question of what's that even going to look like?

I definitely agree with you on part of that last point you made, we are going to have to start over in many ways..no doubt.

However, I can't agree with needing a pandemic in order to accomplish that. Just isn't me.🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Considering they canceled PGA and NASCAR events too,(I am upset about the TPC this weekend) your NBA comment is invalid.

I thought the toilet paper shortage was a joke until I went to the grocery store this weekend. The panic is ridiculous. Being from Florida In used to see a mad rush and empty shelves when a hurricane threatens, then huge lines in the return lines after the storm passes. The funny thing is those panic buying are not getting anything that could actually help them in a crisis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join