It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic: Conspiracy Of Failure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The title is misleading but that's the name of the show. No conspiracy, just human errors. My DTV says it's a brand new show but I just got new boxes from them and I don't think it's software and information is totally up to date.

Doesn't matter, here's the clip on their site.

www.sciencechannel.com...

Really cool. Lots of stuff that made me think and I'm gonna tout my horn here as I was asking a question that they answered at the end - would it have been better if they had hit it head on, and the guys on the show said yes.

Now, circumstances are in play here. By shutting down the engines, after trying to turn to avoid said iceberg, that shut down the center screw which was propelling Titanic though it's rudder - water flow and all - which helped it hit lose the velocity to NOT hit the iceberg in the way it did. But what um, what's the rank of the guy heading the ship at the time - not the Capt. but the other dude, or even Smith if he had been on the bridge, would willfully hit a huge chunk of ice head on?

Lots more circumstances, as we all are familiar with - speed, steel and the construction of the ship, temperature of the water hence the impact on the ship when the impact occurred, the "broken" boiler 5 and it's impact on the bulkheads after the fire and a couple of unknowns still that we will never have the answers for.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!! well there is but I ain't gonna tell you guys. I've talked enough and you can watch it. I watch a lot of televison docs and most are all the same anymore about these historical subjects. This one, not so much, at all.

Hope you enjoy a coronavirus free thread. What a novelty.

edit on 3/16/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Have you heard the conspiracy that the Titanic isn't at the bottom of the Atlantic but instead its her sister ship the Olympic?

I watched an interesting, short documentary on youtube about it. Took it with a grain of salt until they ran a camera around "Titanic" where the ships name was and low and behold Olympic was partially seen underneath where it said Titanic!

If there's any validity to that theory, I'm sure it would have upended the history books.

Yes. Thank you for the brief timeout. We could all use a breather..

⭐+🇺🇸

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

My understanding is she was bunning before she left port, with a fire in one of the coal chutes, which superheated the bulkheads and rivets in her superstructure, which contributed to the structural failure of the hull when the ship hit the iceberg.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

This idea could be backed up by the number of elites that supposedly went down with the ship, but have never really been accounted for even getting on the ship. One of the odd statements made by Molly Brown about the Titanic was that she wasn't surprised about how few life boats there were as she was surprised about how few people were actually on board.

If the Titanic that sank wasn't fully loaded with these people that went missing, then where did they go?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, and it also caused the retaining wall there to break and let in more water than it could handle and they believe that was a tipping point. Some of the rivets weren't the same steel, they were iron and hand made which froze in the cold water, along with the steel, causing it to buckle and let in water.

The doc even has a photo of the iceberg with paint all over it taken the next day. I'd never seen that before. I'll have to watch again to get all the info and get it right.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Apparently the rapid sinking of the ship was worsened by the poor design of the transverse bulkheads of the watertight compartments.

As the water flooded the damaged compartments of the hull, the ship began to pitch forward, and water in the damaged compartments was able to spill over into the adjacent compartments.

The compartments then, rather than countering the damage done by the collision with the iceberg, contributed towards accelerating the disaster by keeping the floodwaters in the bow of the ship.

Without the compartments, the Titanic would have remained horizontal as the incoming water would have spread out.
edit on 17-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join