It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IL response to Corona virus is now boarding on martial law...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Illinois is NOT demanding that voters stand 6 feet from each other in tomorrow's Democratic Primary. Very strange considering the dire emergency our governor ginned up.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Illinois is a # show. This may finally strain the general fund enough to make the changes required to get illinois back in the black. Illinois pays no mind to the balanced budget requirement of its own constitution so none of these actions should surprise anyone. The mayor of Champaign thinks that she can ban the sale of guns, alcohol, and gasoline during pandemic conditions. This, of course caused a run on gasoline locally and I’m sure a few gun and alcohol sales here and there. Illinois is run by corrupt and power hungry politicians all the way from Pritzker down to mosquito abatement district commissioners. Illinois is the ancestral home of political corruption.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The town council in Champaign, Illinois, just had an emergency meeting to discuss measures to combat covid-19 that include, among other things: the ability to seize and obtain legal title to personal property, a ban on gun sales, and a ban on liquor sales.

How is taking someone's personal property going to help them combat covid-19?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The town council in Champaign, Illinois, just had an emergency meeting to discuss measures to combat covid-19 that include, among other things: the ability to seize and obtain legal title to personal property, a ban on gun sales, and a ban on liquor sales.

How is taking someone's personal property going to help them combat covid-19?

All that precious hoarded TP ... it must be antiviral. All those panicking hoarders couldn't be wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I wasn't offering any advice buddy. Now go back chewing tabaccy.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

With the exception of TP, Rice, Beans, Ramen and Hand sanitizer, you can still get fresh fruits, boxed dinners and even fresh steaks at the local grocery store.

Well I dont know where you live but here in upstate ny our grocery stores are completely out of meat, canned food, and most frozen dinners. We do still have decent amounts of produce but meat sections are bare at EVERY store around. Our canned vegetable aisles are empty. Pasta is empty. A friend of mine went to 3 different stores just to get a loaf of bread. Stores are literally gutted here. People were lined up at Sam's club down the plaza yesterday when they opened. Target has lines when they open. Walmart changed their hours to closing between like midnight and 6 am, by 730 am this morning they were wiped out of meat. Things are not good in some places.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I wish to update (instead of making another thread) on what is happening in IL

right now it was reported on 890 am that there are house parties in chicago that were held in DIRECT VIOLATION of what the Governor told us to do.

they sent the chicago police and the government official (im sorry didnt get a agency due to my jaw dropping and in compete disbelief) answering said (forcefully) "we shut them down".

well then I went (sorry cant figure out how to post the pdf file , someone please help me) to see the gov actual decree.

it CLEARLY STATES any non essential travel is to be banned, any non essental business closed, no public gatherings (outdoors) above 10 people banned EVEN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY (that means your own home) , if you do have a gathering outside (at private home) keep social distance with previous number restriction and "suggestion" how to carry yourself IN YOUR HOME.

along with a whole specific lists of what to do and not do

but the truly terifying thing is it SPECIFICALLY STATES all these edicts are ENFORCABLE BY LAW and will be enforced BY LAW ENFORCEMENT .

if this isnt a warning they will IF YOU DONT COMPLY arrest you and constitutional rights are suspended .

tell me how this isnt going police state if we "just comply"

scrounger

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Sadly, they do crack down on residents. But IL law enforcement allows people getting off planes that were crowded with over 100 passengers, to come into Illinois and intermingle all they want.

Almost none of the governor's order is being legally enforced. The fat phucker's main goal was to assist New York and California in damaging the U.S. economy as much as possible. By closing over half of Illinois's businesses, he's accomplishing that every day.

edit on 3/23/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Absolute fear mongering, keep your foolish opinions to yourself. 

So Arnie, still feel the same way ?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I noticed some states are doing things, like, asking the public to report people out but aren't keeping enough distance from others, kids playing contact sports, etc. Some are fining people who eat or drink at restaurants and go to businesses that are prohibited from being open.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I noticed some states are doing things, like, asking the public to report people out but aren't keeping enough distance from others, kids playing contact sports, etc. Some are fining people who eat or drink at restaurants and go to businesses that are prohibited from being open.

I can't link this as I just watched on the ABC news, the West oz police commissioner was talking about the state of emergency crackdown, explaining the severity and the enforcement of police, then went on to talk about how they had activated some grid net (or something like that) that could pinpoint every officer's location in real time and went on that they also knew exactly where anyone was infected would be.

Some sort of tracking grid...
edit on 24-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
To those who dont live in IL let me update you on some downright scary developments.

Our governor last week made an emergency order that ALL SCHOOLS be closed until march 30 starting on march 17.

This is in addition to banning all public activities (of 25 people or greater) state wide.

Now he has banned restaurants , bars, ect from having people eating/drinking on site.
For now (key words FOR NOW) drive though, take out, and delivery is OK.
for now does not apply to bowling alleys, movies, stores , ect.

all with "promises" of state aid (ironically paid for in part by feds) of all types to "help with the loss"

but what has me truly worried (and admit scared) is he is using THE POLICE to enforce this..
first it was only announced that CHICAGO (ironically, not) PD would be checking and in reality ENFORCING this.

though my contacts I found out that not only is chicago but rockton is immediately doing the same thing.
with the result is they COULD shut down anyone who defies it.
which means if one continues to resist be arrested.

I dont know how many more jurisdictions are following this but two already and one being one of the biggest in the state (btw I dont believe chicago is only one within cook county ) .

one friend of mine said off the record there was no order in his.

im sorry but how can anyone not think that given what has already been ordered under "state of emergency" and the speed (less than two weeks) , and that no major outbreaks had happened nor still have not that it will stop there.

How much of "keeping it contained/ us safe" would be necessary to restrict even further?

forced quarantine unless you have PROVEN you not infected?
random road checkpoints?
requiring all "non necessary" travel to be stopped and unless approved you must stay home?
restricting gas stations open to force limited travel?
Many other nightmare situations run though my mind and given what has already happened (that no one ever expected) that it is no longer a paranoid / tin foil hat theory.

Am I alone in being worried not only about IL but everywhere in the US ?

scrounger

Same thing here in Australia, but we don’t got no guns.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
further update.

again same radio station and it was the 11:00pm cst report

a different official and it sounded like (again apologize because even more jaw dropping) a police official.

He stated forcefully and quite clearly "will break it up and if they dont comply face LEGAL CONSEQUENCES"
to which anyone with two working brain cells means YOU WILL BE ARRESTED IF YOU DONT COMPLY.

in short have a party over 10 people on your property (be they family or not) outside and if you dont all go away you will be ARRESTED.

so I have a BBQ with family and friends I will , not could (if live in chicago but no doubt could be other places) be arrested.

Im sorry but this is getting police state for 1285 cases and ONLY 12 DEATHS (at last report ).

not only are they overreacting, but with the gov decree and now CONFIRMATION they intend to enforce it with law enforcement .

seems the gov has prepared for people who would constitutionally resist.

someone tell me i am being unjustly paranoid in thinking closing off the state and checkpoints to enforce it (and other travel) is not far off

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

When did all this go down in Rockton? I was just there on Saturday morning making a dog food run at Farm & Fleet. Main Sreet was busy and the Wal-Mart was insane busy but I didn't see any police presence.

I heard it from (lack of a better term) from the horses mouth.
from a county officer that (at that time) had no orders one way or the other to enforce the decree (at that time limited to schools and businesses having eat in service) but got it directly from another officer.

admit it was hearsay but given the source had no reason to ramp things up and was worried .

scrounger

top topics

<< 1   >>

join