It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last ventilator: Who gets it, the illegal alien or the US citizen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jwlaffer

The human that needs it the most or who ever needed it first.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Well, we could always base it off of how they got the virus. Take this video for example:

If someone got sick from licking a toilet in an effort for likes and "boomer remover", then by all means, give that respirator to the illegal alien.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Citizen first.

Why?

Born here, baby.

Paying ridiculous taxes puts me ahead of someone who only comes here to suck the public tit.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do not think the Hippocratic oath includes a passage about citizenship and I do not recall any questions to that affect on any admission forms I filled out.
I've only ever been in the hospital for childbirth so maybe it's different if you're sick.

Who thought up this gem of a question?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The last ventilator: Who gets it, the illegal alien or the US citizen?

The one with the most chance of survival.

In triage it's done all the time.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Why do they need to ask the candidates?
Shouldn't questions be directed to the current administration and not to the next one?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I do not think the Hippocratic oath includes a passage about citizenship and I do not recall any questions to that affect on any admission forms I filled out.
I've only ever been in the hospital for childbirth so maybe it's different if you're sick.

Who thought up this gem of a question?

I don't think the Hippocratic oath has any relevance these days. Doctors are willingly allowing full term, healthy infants to die and call it 'abortion'.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hospitals treat first and ask questions Or don’t later. In this scenario the sicker of the two patients would get it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
both, its possible to connect multiple people to one ventilator if you really were desperate enough, it's not ideal but it would keep them alive.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
These types of "questions" are essentially a "eugenics for dummies" type of thing.

Sure, the average person may see it as something as simple as old vs young. But it's all the same thing. Because the line will always move.

Age...then becomes gender(reproduction capacity), but whenever the two comparators meet the same requirements you have to move to the next. So you get to genetics. IQ, race, etc.

The reality is that very, very few actually have the intellectual capacity let alone the lack of morality/humanity to actual discuss such things. Let alone make the life or death decisions.

What prompted me to raise this discussion is having an otherwise relatively healthy parent who is going into their third lung infection since Nov/Dec (pneumonia in December and then more minor infections during the healing process),

This parent is over 60, paid exorbitant taxes their whole life, and has been a law abiding, model citizen. If my parent gets coronavirus they will likely be in a worse position than others.

That got me thinking on this hypothetical that might not be so hypothetical soon. Regardless of whether I'm intellectually cable of such discussions, this is a topic of debate that might be unavoidable for many people in my position.

I add that I also believe with my credentials/position, you'd be hard pressed to argue I'm not intellectually cable of arguing that I don't have the intellectual capacity for this debate. In fact, I'm precisely the type of person in society you would expect to be having this discussion. But, of course, I offer you no proof in that regard because I prefer my anonymity. More importantly, however, I disagree with your premise that this is not a fair question for everyone to engage in considering the impact access to medical resources will have on people's lives.

Quite simply, I don't see the argument for using health care resources on non-citizens at the expense of citizens in these emergent times.

I appreciate all the responses that actually tackled the question head on, even if they disagree with my viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why do they need to ask the candidates?
Shouldn't questions be directed to the current administration and not to the next one?

I say ask the candidates because it's the Democrats who are pushing for open borders, which has the (likely) potential to create the circumstance in the OP. But you're right, this question should ABSOLUTELY be asked of the current administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join