It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the lighter side of the TP apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think the TP madness has finally turned a corner and people are starting to get serious about what they actually need for two weeks of self-isolation.

Ladies and gentlemen (and you others, you know who you are) of ATS....

I give you proof!!!

Seriously... if I get to the point where I am going to HAVE to self-isolate for a month or so, I'm wiping the high end tequila portion of the liquor store out.

Something I'm posting to break up the "ZOMG Corona We Are all Going to Die" posts in "New"

SoOo... what goodie would you not HAVE to have for a month, but would miss if you couldn't get it?

edit on 15-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I bet the wife was like,

"Here is 10 bucks, it's all we have. Goto the store and buy toilet paper."

He would have made it out the door if he would have walked down the next isle over.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I bet the wife was like,

He would have made it out the door if he would have walked down the next isle over.

Possibly!!

Or he got his ass kicked when he got home...

I edited the OP because it got me thinking... what would you stock up on that was frivolous but a comfort to you?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I also wonder how long the guy stood there, with TP in one hand and the 10 dollars in the other. Looking back and forth at them, then occasionally glancing at the beer.

I bet it was an epic battle of will.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I bet the wife was like,

Possibly!!

Or he got his ass kicked when he got home...

I edited the OP because it got me thinking... what would you stock up on that was frivolous but a comfort to you?

I'm sure he did, but he probably knew that after getting chewed out and sent to sleep on the couch, he'd have that case of beer all to himself......

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I do think there is a ratio between beer and TP.

It's called the Beer #its.

I have a formula: for every case a beer, per day, there should be 3 rolls of tp, per day.

Do the math.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I think the TP madness has finally turned a corner and people are starting to get serious about what they actually need for two weeks of self-isolation.

I give you proof!!!

Seriously... if I get to the point where I am going to HAVE to self-isolate for a month or so, I'm wiping the high end tequila portion of the liquor store out.

Something I'm posting to break up the "ZOMG Corona We Are all Going to Die" posts in "New"

LOL just hit the liquor store myself after finding out our offices are closed, got all I need for a top-shelf Long Island Iced Tea and more and a load of cocktail napkins as a last resort

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I have a formula: for every case a beer, per day, there should be 3 rolls of tp, per day.

Do the math.

Awesome thought!

SoOo...

For every bottle of Tequila, I will need how many aspirin...

And I'll be bored, drunk and have an internet connection, so how many posts could I do a day before being banned from ATS...

~Thinkin~

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I watched three white house briefings on the virus and two governors briefings. They talked about not buying excessive amounts of stuff so everyone could get stuff.

But they never once mentioned Toilet Paper. Maybe those tightasses don't use toilet paper, since they hoard their sheet so they can lay it on the public.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I give you proof!!!

LOL just hit the liquor store myself after finding out our offices are closed, got all I need for a top-shelf Long Island Iced Tea and more and a load of cocktail napkins as a last resort

Just... perfect.

I'm thinking that the other thing I might stock up on for the short haul is Mounds... the coconut ones.

I jones for those things about once a month.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Do the math.

Awesome thought!

SoOo...

And I'll be bored, drunk and have an internet connection, so how many posts could I do a day before being banned from ATS...

~Thinkin~

Multiply it by .5%, add a lime, and add your hot wife. Shake, add a shot of Dominican rum, and sign off.

lol

But when you sign back on, post the vids.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Do the math.

Awesome thought!

SoOo...

~Thinkin~

Multiply it by .5%, add a lime, and add your hot wife. Shake, add a shot of Dominican rum, and sign off.

lol

The perfect recipe for the apocalypse.

Brava!

ETA because you edited... I approached the ATS staff once about having an adult section... a subscription one for the members.

I was roundly shot down.

So ATS doesn't want you to see the eventual videos.

Not my fault at all... I tried!!!

edit on 15-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I, personally, keep trying to stock up on whisky and scotch.

It's a fools errand. I go to the store, buy a bottle of scotch or two and a 1.75 of some Kentucky Brown Water. I get home and look at my stockpile and think, yup, I'm set now.

Then a week goes by and all I have is a bunch of empty bottles and start to "panic" again about having to stock up more liquor.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I, personally, keep trying to stock up on whisky and scotch.

It's a fools errand. I go to the store, buy a bottle of scotch or two and a 1.75 of some Kentucky Brown Water. I get home and look at my stockpile and think, yup, I'm set now.

Then a week goes by and all I have is a bunch of empty bottles and start to "panic" again about having to stock up more liquor.

A good friend of mine drives from California to a neighboring state once a month and goes to a Costco and spends a bunch of money on booze.

She posted a picture once and it made me blink.... a whole grocery cart full of whiskey and vodka.

I was going to try to take her to task on her possibly having a problem...

Then I realized (I make my own beer and wine and there is a rumor that somewhere on the property there might be a still) that at any time I have a few hundred bottles of wine, 50 gallons or so of hard cider and maybe 50ish? 6-packs of 7 point beer.

So I thought it wise to not have that conversation.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Drinking actually increases your susceptibility to viral infection.

It inhibits your T cells from responding to viruses properly.

Facts

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Do the math.

Awesome thought!

SoOo...

~Thinkin~

lol

The perfect recipe for the apocalypse.

Brava!

ETA because you edited... I approached the ATS staff once about having an adult section... a subscription one for the members.

I was roundly shot down.

So ATS doesn't want you to see the eventual videos.

Not my fault at all... I tried!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Facts

Whiskey always helped, actually. Straight up or a hot toddy

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So what your saying is your initial thought is that I have a problem?

I think stockpiling booze is perfectly fine, if not for personal use but for bartering. It will be next inline to clean water and ammunition when society collapses.

I just can't bring myself, from an optics standpoint, to REALLY start buying booze. I should buy my Elijah Craig whisky in 1.75's by the case(thats a nice staple). But I guess I just don't want to draw attention to myself like that(for being a target for bandits when it all goes down).

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Facts

So if I am self-isolated in the middle of 400 acres in the middle of 3 million acres that has 1,000 people in it, the virus is going to... what exactly?

Parachute in?

Or is it a ninja?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Facts

So if I am self-isolated in the middle of 400 acres in the middle of 3 million acres that has 1,000 people in it, the virus is going to... what exactly?

Parachute in?

Or is it a ninja?

By the sounds of your stockpile, it will probably show up to take a break from ravaging the world and want a drink and to just relax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join