It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is humanity, fighting and fretting over toilet paper?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yeah but Out Of Stock ...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
if you can't find a solution for lack of toilet paper, just go ahead and expire.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I hear ya. All those SUCKERS who couldn't get any because I got my 20 cases? They should just die.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

The toilet paper panic is a great example of what has happened to people. Our citizenry is brain-dead.
Society is done.

We can fight evil. Against stupidity, we're defenseless.
..... Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Not stupid... Tricked.

When you watch a magic show the whole audience is fooled. But the whole audience is not stupid.

All it would take is a handful of crisis actors to run into wallmarts around the nation and fill their carts with only TP, have a conversation about how bad the virus will be with the clerks or anyone nearby. Make a big enough scene to have someone take a pic or video and post it on social media. Some people take the bait and run back and pick up some TP. Later add a few guys walking into stores with gas masks and bam the illusion of panic is set and seeded.

We are all gullible. We fall for tricks, someone knows this and can uses this to manipulate large groups of people to drive a narrative that we would never have come up with on our own.

I have more faith in our people than to write them all off as loony. We need to target the magician jacking around with all of us.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Hope your not in the age range for an addition mortality statistics.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

if you can't find a solution for lack of toilet paper, just go ahead and expire.
a quiz ok baby wipes, paper towels,tissue,and 3 sea shells?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: DBCowboy

You and your kin will persevere!
The world needs more like you!

pfft!

Any other time, we'd treat this as a "cold" tell our sons to walk it off and get back to school/work.

These are weird times.

We'll be fine, but thank you all the same!

I heard tell they caught you at the wallmart, desperately on the hunt for a remedial cure.. the evidence thus presented, says it all

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was just telling my roommate how ridiculous the whole TP shortage is. I mentioned how messed up it is that this is a #1 priority to some. Toilet Paper? Seriously? While of course it's a good thing to have, I can think of a lot of other things that are priority over TP.

edit on 15-3-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes can confirm backwater England UK and the main superstores have a lot of empty toilet roll shelves. I bought some coffee and needed some toilet roll (as actual usual purchase once a month) and the guy in front had a trolley full of noodles and canned food and my 2 thoughts were "someone watches Tim Pool" and "do you have a nuclear bunker to go with that stockpile?". That said, most other people seemed to only be buying maybe 50% more than is usual, it was just this one guy buying 200% more. But the stores were definitely busier. And the loo rolls are, as others have said, in the smaller local shops only now (and even those are depleted)... Loo Roll Watch 2020.

I do agree with you OP, though I will take "standard precautions", hand washing, a little wary of certain surfaces - like ATM touchscreens and supermarket self checkout touch-screens, they're going to be hotspots. I find using my little finger cos it's not one you really rub across your face... There's a lot of things I can't relate to that might equate to close contact with "the infected". Which is basically just more survival XP towards the fight against Corona lol.

But yes honestly I feel I'd rather get it and survive it and say that I survived it (or die from it, whatever I have/want to say then will be irrelevant!) than be a pussy hoarding toilet roll and staying inside. In a way, maybe this is a chance for us introverts to go out and enjoy some things outside whilst all the normies have a meltdown.

Enjoy for a short period a world not defiled by over population and all the other joys that masses of people bring to it wherever you go. Failing that, just getting people to see that their personal fight against Covid-19 needn't be a completely soy fuelled, fear project endeavour. Instead of buying 100 toilet rolls, how about eat a bit less? Like eat 2 meals a day instead of 3? So that you # less and also create less strain on the infrastructure? Oh that's right, you're "basic" when it comes to rationing & survival, you know, that tactic of being slightly prepared and slightly less greedy. Such a mighty feat of human accomplishment...!

When the Nazis are bombing London, you go inside and stay safe. With Covid you just don't cough in people's faces or leave your sticky mucus all over LCD touchscreens. On the face of it, USA and UK are doing OK in terms of numbers, it hasn't blown up in a short space of time as it did in Italy. And again, it's no wonder places like Italy, Iran are so worse off. You live in Iran well there's sand 100 miles in each direction and not a lot of hospitals. You live in Italy and the nearest hospital is a small church in your ancient earthquake stricken village. This isn't my fault. LOL, your ancient and desert infrastructure and greeting people by holding both their hands and kissing their cheeks isn't my fault or my culture. Sorry Iran/Italy but #NotMyCulture so we're probably going to be alright. Going off track...

But honestly, the numbers are simply striking me as fairly insignificant. MH370 claimed more lives than the UK and USA covid deaths combined (64 + 35 = 99 at current count). Better standards of hygiene and access to advice and medical facilities are not third world in our countries. Yes our services can be strained but only if we're all plebs about it. It also seemed to have peaked and on the downturn in China so again something that lasts a couple of months isn't very scary at all. Ok, rambling on a bit...haha, I just have one more thing to say, the Covid game, you can play it whilst you buy some bog roll..!!

How many people do you hear coughing in the superstore?

* I # you not I visited the 3 major local superstores, full with people and not a single cough or sneeze...not one. HAHAHA. You decide if that's due diligence or fear of cough shaming

edit on 16-3-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
The only thing causing threats to our day to day life is FEAR.

Fact.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Matt11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join