It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is humanity, fighting and fretting over toilet paper?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I’ll be honest I don’t want this. This fear mongering. If it’s my time, it’s my time. Many older people I know are of the same school of thought. The older people I know don’t want to die. But they do acknowledge they have lived a good life. They rather this burden fall on them than ruin life for the generations after them.

If China is to blame for releasing something engineered in their labs. I hope they are exposed.

If this is natural. I don’t know what to tell you. Food production is not threatened. Power production is not really threaten. The only real threat is quarantines preventing the allocation of manpower and distribution / access to goods.

The virus maybe life and death to a portion of the population. If you feel threatened, you go live in a hole. But stop dragging the rest of us down with you. The only thing causing threats to our day to day life is FEAR.

I will not reject a handshake. I will not shun a person because they might be a carrier. I will not treat a person as “unclean”. I will wipe my ass with my own hand and shower before seeing someone as a threat because they have toilet paper.

If the NBA wants to block fans from attending games, I get it. But cancel a whole season because rich papered athletes who already get the best healthcare might get what would probably be nothing more than a cold to them? Blew my freaking mind.

I am sorry. There are people in the government that want Coronavirus in your face 24/7. No distractions. They want you to think your neighbor is the “enemy”. They want you to panic. They want you to see every person as a threat when by all accounts it’s just a force of nature that mankind has repeatedly recovered from throughout history. There are those in the government that want you to think the only cure is to isolate each individual person from each other while giving government total control to who can go where when to dictate what.

Two birds with one stone. Divide and conquer. Project government is the only cure. To something that is just nature.

People in government are tricking you into the ultimate form of class warfare. Where every person is a carrier and a potential threat to your wellbeing.

The old adage is true. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

edit on 15-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 15-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's about stupid people fighting against smart people, like always.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
You have not seen anything yet..just a tiny glimpse of what lies under the paper thin veneer of what we call "civilization."
Toilet paper brawls indeed-our distant ancestors would laugh at such nonsense.
Wait until it really hits the fan(meteor strike/nuclear war/mass starvation)to get a proper look at what we have always been when we are truly desperate..
A clue lies in the human bones of our distant ancestors,all over the world which have been dug up,studied,analysed and found to have flint tool/knife marks in certain places,consistent with meat being stripped from those bones-for food.

You,Me,many if not all of us would not be here today if our ancestors hadn't resorted to cannibalism when it truly hit the fan in days gone by.

Cheery thought Huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Take a look of pics from 1929 and ask yourself if civility like that would exist today..a reply to: neutronflux

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This whole shebang is nothing but another example of how society and civilization is nothing but a facade held together by authority, regulation, fear, and greed.
If it wasn't for the idea of imprisonment, the majority of humans wouldn't be able to use a fork and spoon without stabbing each other.

Toilet paper itself is a symbol of the thin, weak, paper-like quality of the true nature of human civilization.

Watch it all break down over a cough.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Crosswinds because: replaced a period with a comma. whoops

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Beautifully said!

My sons and wife (as well as myself) are all sick with a respiratory illness. We'll find out tomorrow if it's doom and gloom or "just a cough".

People need to stop feeding their anxieties with the healthy diet the media supplies.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My sons and wife (as well as myself) are all sick with a respiratory illness. We'll find out tomorrow if it's doom and gloom or "just a cough".

Are you going to the Dr. and/or getting tested for Covid/flu/etc, or what?

Seriously curious. I wish no ill for you.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The toilet paper panic is a great example of what has happened to people. Our citizenry is brain-dead.
Society is done.

We can fight evil. Against stupidity, we're defenseless.
..... Dietrich Bonhoeffer

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Are you going to the Dr. and/or getting tested for Covid/flu/etc, or what?

Seriously curious. I wish no ill for you.

I plan on going into work tomorrow with a mask on and separated from people per CDC guidelines.

99.9999% sure this is just an upper respiratory illness. Life happens, but in these times, especially with me coughing and in patient areas, I will follow whatever guidelines they deem necessary.

If I'm quarantined, expect a Mega-Thread!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You and your kin will persevere!
The world needs more like you!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

pfft!

Any other time, we'd treat this as a "cold" tell our sons to walk it off and get back to school/work.

These are weird times.

We'll be fine, but thank you all the same!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
neutronflux:

If it’s my time, it’s my time.

As long it is not a 'time' that has been decided by others. Only nature and accidents should take life. Everything else is murder.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ColeYounger

These are weird times.

And getting weirder
And it seems we're all getting used to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Beautifully said!

People need to stop feeding their anxieties with the healthy diet the media supplies.

What a messed up thing to be going thru in these uncertain times.
Tomorrow you will find relief. I know it 100%.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I wish / pray the best for you and your family. Live well and large.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Unbelievable we went to 5 stores that are completely sold out of toilet paper we had to go to a small gas station market. I felt stupid buying their last 5 packs lol

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The sad thing is. How much of the “hoarding” purchases will end up on sale as price gouging on eBay? When people like my friend and her daughter genuinely needed toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
When they say getting ready for when s*** hits the fan, they weren't kidding.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This product “ Scott ComfortPlus Toilet Paper, 12 Big Rolls” at Dollar General $5.00.
www.dollargeneral.com...

Same product on eBay $19.99?
www.ebay.com...:g:89wAAOSwnexebFN8

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"Civilised" animals gonna "civilised" animal.

I respect humans up unto the point they disrespect me and being an honest person who tells it like it is, it aint long.

This whole thing is a farce, its the reason why I laugh when people talk about making this whole thing better. Its always an agenda for someone, and if youre not down with it you should be erased from history. Funny how tolerance and making things better for humanity always has a leader whose followers have no problem stepping on and ridding themselves of those that dont kowtow and bootlick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join