It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: These Hitmen Wore Badges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
First....regular pigs, what people usually call...pigs....are not wild pigs.... Second it was a joke, because it is a joke and an insult to call police officers pigs....more so because this name calling is because of the actions of a few...

What people usually call pigs aren't pigs? Biologically they're pigs. Physically their pigs. Structurally they vary slightly, but they're no less pig. I know you were joking, but it wasn't funny because it wasn't based in fact. All the good comedians rely on truth for a punch line, it's way funnier than any fiction man has been able to invent.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Phuge
Most of the criminals in this country are nonviolent offenders who are dealt with in a violent fashion. That fosters resentment. Resentment fosters revolution. I think someone set this country up to fall.

And you know this because?......

Here as the statistics, more than a quarter of the prison population is in for non-violent drug offenses, how do I know non-violent offenders make up the bulk of the inmate population? - www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

If you're asking how I know someone set this country up to fall, I don't know. It was a supposition based on the fact that I feel like we're falling and I know we hired someone to catch us when that happens, but they're too busy with private ventures to attend to their responsibilities.

Wyrdeone....are you telling us that there are only good cops in all the police forces around the world?....

I said no such thing. Did you know America is trailing some really piddly countries in literacy rates..of course you're aware of that particular statistic? Doesn't that just burn you up, you competitor you? Or are you not aware of the statistic because your functionally part of it? I understand that you can read, but can you understand what you read? I don't understand how such a catastrophic failure to communicate could arise from anything but failed understanding.

..or that people who were not really criminals, but engage in civil disobidience such as rioting and causing harm to police officers or destroying public or private property are not detained "in a violent fashion" because they are resorting to violence?

I have no idea where you're getting this from. Nowhere in my post do I say that people who cause rioting are not detained in a violent fashion. In fact everyone knows that people who engage in rioting are detained in a violent fashion, though usually with less than lethal force. Are you trying to say that you think I think people who act violently shouldn't be detained? I didn't say that either. Are you trying to say that civil disobedience is synomamous with injuring police officers? Ghandi and Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. would disagree vehemently if they were alive. The problem is I can't tell what you're trying to say. So, moving on...

....and are you saying that the whole world has been set up in this fashion for a fall?

Answered several paragraphs above.

...because what happens in the US does happens everywhere in the world, and it is worse in some countries.

Is that the topic of dicussion? No. It's the same thing you say every time, "well country (x) is messed up. " Great. That's fantastic. Thanks. We're talking about America here though. I never said America was better, or worse, or that I want to move to Iran, or that I like communist Russia better. I made one comment about a pleasnant exchange with a pair of cops in Montreal. You'll notice I posted a positive experience with an American cop too.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And who exactly are these people and what were they doing for being in jail?...let me guess, they grew pot and dealt with other illegal substances, they sold or were even caught using pot or some other illegal substance?

Anyways....back to the topic....Two corrupt cops don't make an entire police force...or do they?...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I disagree DeusEx. I think it is far better to resist unlawful arrest and detention than to submit to it and encourage it. If the police treated their employers with more respect, they would receive more in return. If the citizens treated their employees with more respect, situations wouldn not escalate as often. Clearly it's a two sided problem. Cops are more easily corrupted than citizens, because they hold more power. Therefore it is the cop's responsibility to start off each engagement on the right foot so as not to be perceived as a rabid pig.

If the cop is chasing someone, or the person they wish to talk to flees or attacks, obviously then different rules apply. The initial 'interview' must be conducted with civility and respect. Most cops are really good about this, they know from experience how important it is to conflict resolution. Pigs don't know a damned thing about conflict resolution, above and beyond CHARGE!

Yes, it is the officer's duty to start things off on the right foot. However, confinement during search is not illegal. Confinement during resolvement of the call is not illegal. So, don't resist. Not even passively. That is not a matter of respect, that's a matter of officer safety. Respect comes from the communication. Don't call the police anything but 'officer' or 'sir'. Don't raise your voice, don't make the poor guy's job any harder than it is already. If you do, then expect the cops to give you a hard time, too. And they have tasers. Cops don't hesitate to use force because they want to go home at the end of the day.

Social problems yes, encouraged by society, punished by government. That's a double standard because it doesn't occur in affluent communities. When was the last time you read about a CEO or CFO or CIO being arrested for coc aine possession, or marijuana possession, or for having sex with minors or for selling drugs, or for assault (and we're not talking about the rich, or the rich and famous, we're talking about the strict RICH, the under the radar playas) They do these things too, and astonishingly in greater numbers than their plebian counterparts, because they have developed a lust for power. Drugs will make you do terrible things, power is the most addictive drug of all. This is fact.

Simply put, that is an issue for the courts. Officer makes the arrest, but the rich get out of the charges because of their fancy lawyers. What's the average constable supposed to do about that?

The system that's bordering on malicious when you look at it from a distance. On one side of the city a black teenager is being rounded up, booked, forced into slave labor, and damaged in a hundred other ways too numerous and horrible to get into - for selling a chemical stimulant on a streetcorner to make enough money to feed himself and feed his vanity. On the other side of town, in a seventy story office building, and executive is negotiating the sale of 4 million tons of highly addictive caffeine from decaffinated coffee residue so he can make and market a new, stronger caffeine pill, bolstered and insured of success by a subliminal marketing strategy, and covert, social engineer promotion staff who ACTUALLY pretend to not work for the company while they pitch its products to their friends. Oh yeah, I forgot, to feed himself and his vanity.

Do you mean to tell me Pharma execs kill fewer people per year than drug dealers? The facts are clear when you compare the actual impact of white collar and no collar crime. White collar crime is the more insidious by far. And perhaps, I mean maybe just maybe
if our society wasn't so two faced and duplicitous people wouldn't feel the need to shun its graces in favor of violence and conflict.

The issue with white collar crime is that it's hard to detect. sure, you can pick up some dealers, more just fill their place. Same thing with domestics, drunken disorderlies, and theft. There's very little that the police can do, except go in and drag folks off, take notes, or -in the case of violent offenders- wade in, bust heads and take names. If you're on patrol, there isn't much chance of seeing fraud, or bribery,or any of the more pervasive crimes. Policing has specifically adapted as an organism to deal with urban, violent crime. They are equipped and trained in negotiation and combat, and to be honest, 99.9% of the calls they get don't need much else. They roll up on a domestic, see that buddy has kicked his wife or kid's teeth in, and get the batons and pepper spray. Or they stop at a light, see a consent fight, and break it up. Or, they get a call about a B&E, and take notes for a half hour. Those three crimes, alogn with traffic stops, form the basis of a cop's daily routine. Peppered throughout that is a theft under, assault call, tresspass or opportunistic bust.

Really, what's a constable to do about white collar crime? He can't see it, can't fight it. Police forces are undermanned and under funded, struggling to keep a lid on the chaos as is.

DE

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Anyways....back to the topic....Two corrupt cops don't make an entire police force...or do they?...

Two bad apples in a barrel, and everyone complains. It's like saying that because a paramedic jacked some car wreck victim's wallet, all paramedics are bad.

DE

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
people forget about the 40,000 active NYPD who's clean...and the numerous more retired that clean...they only remember the 5-10 or so a year who are dirtbags that slipped through the cracks...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
NEW INFORMATION
One of the men was intimately connected to the DEA and FBI. He was also connected to the mob. What was going on here?
www.newsday.com...

Any theories regarding this new development. One of them was a founding member of a major crime division. That means he had information on the confidential work the DEA and FBI were doing in regards to organized crime.

Was he really a turn-coat, or was he a plant? Was he a rat, a CI, or was he actively engaged in infiltrating the DEA and FBI in service to the mob? What place will information like this have in their trial? Will the judge close the courtroom to stop the spread of confidential information? OR, because of the nature of the crimes, will these guys just disappear? I mean, this investigation has been going on since '94! That's a decade!

I will be interesting to see where this all goes.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
UPDATE

The two accused mafia-hitmen/cops are now free on $5 Million bail.

www.cnn.com...

This was predictable. These guys are going to walk.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight: they were allowed their right to bail (under the PRICE conditions) and suddenly they're guilty without a trial?

How terribly...predictable. You wonder what drives cops bad? Between the crims and the treatment they get from everyday people, it's that or just quitting. Hell, police forces across North America have a vicious turnover, which is making for a lot of vacant posts and more stress on the officers that remain.

DE

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
They're not guilty until the trial concludes, and I never said otherwise. However, they were arrested on strong evidence resulting from a decades long investigation.

I think a system that lets rich murderers free and keeps poor ones locked up is contrary to the American ideal of equality.

That's it in a nutshell.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Probably. That's why OJ and MJ got off, right? The richness factor? I can believe that. But I doubt it's your distaste for how the rich have corrupted your system that's why you're so vehement.

Bad cops get the same treatment as cop killers.

I just prefer to believe the best about officers until proved otherwise, especially since labelling them corrupt cops will stigmatize them for the rest of their lives.

DE

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That's precisely why I'm so vehement, what were you thinking?

I take innocent until proven guilty seriously, no matter what the person is accused of.

But that doesn't mean it's right, when two guys with ties to alphabet agencies, the PD, and the mob, go free on combined ten million dollars bail.

There's something here to see, are you seein' it DE?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah, something ain't right. I see a cop-hater complaining about two accused officers getting their legal right to bail, the same right that every rockhead, wifebeater and scumbag gets. You don't like it? Take it away from them, too.

Oh, you're not screaming for justice anymore, Wyrd. And now, looking back on it, I don't think you ever were.

DE

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join