It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science indicates evolution of species.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I do understand your question now. A lot can go wrong you know, or at least what humans can consider wrong or bad.

People will die in your life and we all will encounter unpleasant things.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

That pretty much amounts to Gods plan resembling Murphy's law through "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong".

Somehow i imagine reality, or at least what we experience as such, is rather more complex a scenario to contend with.

The problem is that good and evil are very human constructs, nature entertains no such illusion.
edit on 16-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Reality is about control and freedom.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Control is illusory at best.

Same with freedom.

None the less, illusions, humanity cannot live without.
edit on 16-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If so, what if it is exactly that illusion that we feel and live?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Life?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

He could ask for the ability to search for the answer that shows I’m telling it like it is...
Ask me for a link, which I’m not going to provide because this is not new information...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

He could ask for the ability to search for the answer that shows I’m telling it like it is...
Ask me for a link, which I’m not going to provide because this is not new information...

All the information I have found strongly suggests that whatever creature is at the heart of these creation myths, was either a fabrication or died long ago. No evidence exists to overturn this conclusion, unless you have been holding out?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That or just find the empirical evidence and post it, cut and paste on here

But
I know you can’t, Wong, because you havnt a clue what empirical evidence even is

Lift a finger?
Don’t worry, you are a fruit fly in this conversation😬

I have read much of it...as to empirical evidence you do not want to accept it, and that is why I asked what is it that you need as evidence?

Also, I find it funny that a person with faith now wants empirical evidence to prove his faith wrong which by the true nature of faith needs zero evidence.

I'm not going to debate faith...My point is evolution can be exactly as we say it is and STILL be the work of God. I don't know why many of you want to fight that..

Just say that God started all life 4 billion years ago to have it evolved into what we see today. The only difference is you are suggesting God used a magic wand in some parlor trick and poof! all life just happen to magically appear. But you all fight tooth and nail demanding proof while not accepting the ton of it already out there while holding on to only your faith as your proof as to your view of it all.

You have done nothing and you know next to nothing
Go read a book, plenty of them

Understand the argument and address the argument
Then explain without pointing at a book, like you have a clue

Science, like the science you claim you understand dictates empirical evidence
I believe in science, you show me the empirical evidence of evolution, prove the science and I will accept evolution

You embarrass yourself, you say I have faith, yes but.
We are talking science, evolution is a science? prove it’s a science with empirical evidence
You are trying to state something is science and offer no science to prove it
I asked for science to prove your statement about evolution science and you say

“No, you only have faith”, well duh, that’s right my little simpleton, that’s why I requested empirical evidence
Keeping up, should I type slower?

I am asking that you use science to prove your statement, that’s is how science works
Do you even understand what science is, that’s rhetorical, clearly you havnt a clue
You are a faith believer in science, no comprehension of science at all

If you were right, if there was evidence, all your atheist kin would be jumping in to help, crickets, nothing, why?

“ oh look, you need to read a book because I don’t know anything and believe what I am told by ats members and pseudo scientists I believe because I know a book”

You are no different to a dumb Christian fundamentalist who points at the bible to justify their dumb arguments

Finally xtro, I DIDNT SAY evolution can’t be the work of God,
InASKED for empirical evidence that evolution is a fact
Don’t lie and put words in my mouth about other irrelevant nonsense not related to my question

Where is the empirical evidence xtro
edit on 16-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

All your atheist kin...

Why do you say I'm an atheist, and why do you need to degrade me over and over...

“ oh look, you need to read a book because I don’t know anything and believe what I am told by ats members and pseudo scientists I believe because I know a book”

I offered three books with really good current information, that is all... read or don't read I don't care...

Finally xtro, I DIDNT SAY evolution can’t be the work of God,
InASKED for empirical evidence that evolution is a fact
Don’t lie and put words in my mouth about other irrelevant nonsense not related to my question

Where is the empirical evidence xtro

All around you, open your eyes... Why should I spend 5 mins on something you do not believe and will not put an ounce of effort into it... You have not even stated your side of the debate as I asked you to, so I have no clue as I'm reaching in the dark trying to understand your side, so I can't understand what "evidence" you are looking for and when I try to point you to very current studies you complain I'm belittling you.

Enjoy, for I'm tired of this tit for tat with zero substance coming from your side.

edit on 16-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Xtro, you are degrading yourself, I asked for empirical scientific evidence, you said go read a book.

I asked for empirical evidence of evolution, still asking

I don’t care about any of your other issues, dramas, about creation, faith all the other crap you bring up
I asked for empirical evidence that to prove the science of evolution
You said evolution is proven by science
Well then shut up and show me the proof

You look sillier and sillier with your assumptions

I can believe in evolution or creation, God can do whatever He feels like doing. Evolution and Christianity survive comfortably together, many Christians are believers in evolution
Don’t assume
I asked for empirical evidence of evolution
Nothing else
Everything else you bring up is a Straw man

You say it’s all around, that’s your best shot and you say I degrade you

You have no comprehension of what science really is

Xtro, do you know why nobody is supporting/helping your argument, because it’s dumb
Walk away, walk away because you are going to look foolish saying empirical evidence is “all around”

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

you said go read a book.

Yeah. Books aren't good for much of anything. Who needs 'em?
edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

you said go read a book.

Yeah. Books aren't good for much of anything. Who needs 'em?

As requested
care to show some repeatable observable and testable evidence from the scientific community

Been waiting for a long time for that and everyone scatters when asked

Books can be helpful, even faith based books.

But we are talking about scientific books Phage, scientific books should be based on empirical evidence
A scientific book with no empirical evidence is what, not good for anything relating to science

Oops, turned the lights on, scatter

I am not selling religion, faith, creation or evolution
I just simply asked for empirical evidence so I can consider evolution.
No arguments, no discussion, just evidence
You got something worth showing me, not from a book of faith, I am keen
edit on 17-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

care to show some repeatable observable and testable evidence from the scientific community

Read a book. The empirical evidence is there. You are free to reject it. No one really cares if you do.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Xtro, do you know why nobody is supporting/helping your argument, because it’s dumb
Walk away, walk away because you are going to look foolish saying empirical evidence is “all around”

I feel I'm talking to a twelve year old here, sorry to all the twelve year olds...lol

What can I bring to this stupid thread that isn't widely available for you to do your OWN research...I'm not here to convince you, and I'm not going to spend the time and post three pages of things you can easily research yourself.

I just want to ask you one question...

How do you think life came about and how humans came into existence. I'm not going to berate you, I truly just want to know.

I'm past debating you on this, but I fined it interesting in what you might think.

Don’t assume

What do I have but assumptions..

BTW your stars are blinding....

edit on 17-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There is a lot of information around. So yours suggests God is a fabrication or died long ago. At least one of your sources is wrong. I assume you're about to choose the one you're feeling most comfortable with.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Read a book. The empirical evidence is there. You are free to reject it. No one really cares if you do.

We both know only to well it’s not there
If it was, there would be a hundred threads about the evidence of evolution in this forum

I read a book, many, by many scientists, they admit the empirical evidence is lacking, many many do.

You wouldn’t need to brow beat me with “read a book” you would show the evidence
You have nothing, never did, maybe one day will have
But nothing

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I feel I'm talking to a twelve year old here, sorry to all the twelve year olds...lol

What can I bring to this stupid thread that isn't widely available for you to do your OWN research...I'm not here to convince you, and I'm not going to spend the time and post three pages of things you can easily research yourself.

I just want to ask you one question...

How do you think life came about and how humans came into existence. I'm not going to berate you, I truly just want to know.

I'm past debating you on this, but I fined it interesting in what you might think.

Don’t assume

What do I have but assumptions..

BTW your stars are blinding....

I asked this of someone else

“You care to show some repeatable observable and testable evidence from the scientific community”

You then chime in xtro with your comment. “Read a book”

I asked for empirical evidence, I did not ask for a book to read
Do you have any repeatable, testable observable evidence for evolution? Do you know what empirical evidence is, it’s not a book, pictures or your assumptions

Do you have any evidence of repeatable observable and testable experiments to prove evolution

That’s it xtro, my question
Nothing else, no more

Do you have any empirical evidence
Simple

What I believe, where life comes from, how things got here or anything, irrelevant

I asked for empirical evidence.
I don’t care to argue, I asked for empirical evidence, no books, no discussions, I asked for scientific confirmation

Leave everything else to the side and show the evidence as requested
edit on 17-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

But we are talking about scientific books Phage, scientific books should be based on empirical evidence
A scientific book with no empirical evidence is what, not good for anything relating to science

I think you want something like a fruit fly to become something else... right?

It is kind of hard to do evolution in a lab as I have posted a number of times. For humans to break away from chimps it took just 1% DNA and more importantly a change in our chromosomes from 24 pairs to 23 over 5 million years. The orangutan that seems to be closer to chimps than humans are actually much farther removed from chimps than humans are from chimps, but they retained their 24 pairs like chimps.

If you want to call that divine intervention or dumb random luck so be it, but it is all there...

If you are looking for species change with just fruit flies we are talking a continuous experiment for 17.000+ years to reproduce the 5 million years of humans from chimps, and this is not accounting for the endless natural influences that a lab could not produce.

The beetle has 360,000 species all changed over time, or did all 360,000 appear at once...

If you are talking small changes within a species there are uncountable example of that. Goggle "real time evolutionary changes"...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I asked for empirical evidence, I did not ask for a book to read

I mean come on.. do you want me to post a 500 page book in a thread? lol

It is all a very interesting subject that one I could not do justice to in a thread here. Read the three books I posted about, and they will give to 10 times more information than anything I would even care to try and post here.

Do you have any repeatable, testable observable evidence for evolution? Do you know what empirical evidence is, it’s not a book, pictures or your assumptions

Are you looking for changes within a species or a complete species to another species change?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join