It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hoboken nj, just set up a curfew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
twitter.com...

i litteraly live north of hoboken, which is basically over a bridge south of me.

closing bars and restaurants i can see.

but hoboken residents are being told to 'stay home' from 10pm to 5am.

i do like to walk around at night AND for sure i love hitting the bars in hoboken.
and its fun just to go walk thru hoboken even if you do not go to the bars.

now i guess, its illegal.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Was wondering if curfews would ever come into play.

They were much more likely then the whole "nationwide quarantine" scenario.

I honestly don't think you'll see troops "checking papers" over this, they'll likely be done because the assumption is that 90 percent will comply.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

hoboken nj, just set up a curfew

They didn't have one already ?
Most cities do , you know.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A curfew? Restricting people from being outside when the fewest people are outside?

How dumb can this get?

I understand the restricting of mass gatherings...this is something else.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
A curfew? Restricting people from being outside when the fewest people are outside?

How dumb can this get?

I understand the restricting of mass gatherings...this is something else.

I'm sure it's just largely symbolic. I can't imagine anyone will actually be arrested for not complying.

Like I said, the announcement alone will just keep the majority of people from breaking it. I don't know if it will help either way. But it's certainly the next step in all this nonsense of the runaway train of fear.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

A token, "we're doing something", from our elected officials...yeah...

BIG SIGH.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

A token, "we're doing something", from our elected officials...yeah...

BIG SIGH.

Keeping fear alive.....

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hoboken is intentionally reducing its revenue? (Less $$$ from taxes on nighttime purchases of liquors, food, etc..) Is it a CoronaVirus hotspot?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How do curfews work if your job is night shift? I get essential services aren’t affected but what about menial labor jobs?

If you are still allowed to work how could it really be enforced?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
How do curfews work if your job is night shift? I get essential services aren’t affected but what about menial labor jobs?

If you are still allowed to work how could it really be enforced?

Asking for a friend.

Again, I'm sure, it's just being blathered to keep the non essentials in fear.

Anyone doing any work, or even just out for a stroll(down mainstreet where all the businesses are closed) may, at worst, get asked two or three questions by skidish(fear filled) officers.

It's just more, OMG virus, nonsense.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
hoboken is a small town. and the main street is full of restaurant and bars. on a summer night, until 3am, the streets are filled with people. thousands.

im shocked. im tempted to drive down to go look, but the last thing i want to deal with are the cops.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
hoboken is a small town. and the main street is full of restaurant and bars. on a summer night, until 3am, the streets are filled with people. thousands.

im shocked. im tempted to drive down to go look, but the last thing i want to deal with are the cops.

Do it, check it out.

If you get stopped, just start coughing and mumbling fake chinese...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Or the national guard, they've been deployed in N J I believe.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Was wondering if curfews would ever come into play.
They were much more likely then the whole "nationwide quarantine" scenario.
I honestly don't think you'll see troops "checking papers" over this, they'll likely be done because the assumption is that 90 percent will comply.

It is time everyone looks up ALL of the National Emergency Declarations made thus far (current history). You will be surprised at how this action has been outrageously abused in the past to bankroll non essential ego eccentric pet projects (some needlessly still in place).

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Or the national guard, they've been deployed in N J I believe.

They can be deployed. The (now discouraged) collective gathering of 250 random people in one location could theoretically be 'hindered' by the National Guard if say you were all shopping at the same time at your local Walmart.
edit on 15-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Hmmm, I don't know what to think of all this other than it's going to end badly, if curfews are put into place they are likely to remain for a long time. As you say once implemented difficult to remove, especially I would think with the kind of ego displayed by the current administration.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It may be questionable (if not flat out illegal) to be out without a reason during a quarantine order, but I wonder if a quad-copter or personal drone can be deployed outside? I wonder ... I just wonder?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Hmmm, I don't know what to think of all this other than it's going to end badly, if curfews are put into place they are likely to remain for a long time. As you say once implemented difficult to remove, especially I would think with the kind of ego displayed by the current administration.

True; your ego is not your friend. It is an intentionally diabolical ill perceived booby trap of a handicap. However; in this case of That Being/person which is understood to be the Leader of the Free World; exceptions must be made. Believe me; you have nothing to fear regarding this administrations good will regarding all it governs (including even the most stubborn of souls).
edit on 15-3-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It won't be forever..be patient. I like Hoboken too. Nice yuppie vibe and eating joints.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The mayor is the one that placed the curfew.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join